More digging by Ubisoft- now they're blaming AMD

engineer_james

http://hothardware.com/News/Ubisoft-Now-Blames-AMD-For-Assassins-Creed-Unity-Failure-Poor-Performance-/

Really, Ubisoft? Our main problem is the poor hardware. We could be hitting 100 FPS if not for poor AMD CPUs in consoles. (paraphrasing, of course) If that was true, we wouldn't be posting about it on a PC master race forum. Ubisoft is just trying to shift the blame, and... stop. It's not working, you're still terrible, even worse now.Also, blaming hardware isn't the way to go on this one- just  admit that your decidedly beautiful game is too graphically intensive for some configurations. Crysis 3 does it.

Ubisoft should just die...i couldn't play acu on my gpu.

#ItNeverWasGood

My PC

[ I5 4690k (no oc) - Gigabyte Z97 D3H - 8GB Ram - Sapphire R9 280X Vapor-X ]

Who can they blame next? 

Q3OjVSu.gif

First Build:

Case: Bitfenix Prodigy Black          GPU: MSI R9 270 Gaming@1050/1500         CPU: i5 4570          Motherboard: ASUS H81I Plus          PSU: Corsair CX600          RAM: 8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport XT         Cooling: 230mm Bitfenix Spectre Pro Intake; Corsair AF140 Rear Exuast; 2x120mm Stock Case Fans Top Exuast        Storage: WD Blue 1TB          OS: Windows 8.1 Pro 64 Bit

Who can they blame next? 

NVIDIA. They will say that the 980 is a peice of sh*t and can't, 720p the game

Spoiler
Spoiler

Obligatory PC specs

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz
CPU Cooler: Corsair H50
Motherboard: Asus Z170-E ATX LGA1151
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 16GB (2 x 8GB)
Storage: ADATA Premier SP550 240GB
Storage: Western Digital Blue 500GB
Storage: Western Digital BLACK SERIES 1TB
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB G1
Case: Fractal Design Define S
Power Supply: Corsair CSM 550W

Spoiler
If you are new please read the CoC!

Please FOLLOW YOUR OWN THREADS!

Quote people when replying to them.

PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR DARK THEME USERS.

Mark your problem as solved if answered and like all helpful information.

DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES(!) just type -pic- or tag them as spoiler.

Don't criticize people for asking "stupid question".

There is actually a hidden search feature on the forums here: Search 

IT DOESN'T MATTER IF YOU'RE A FANBOY/FANGIRL. WHAT MATTERS IS THAT YOU DON'T LET THAT EFFECT YOUR HARDWARE RECOMMENDATIONS.

DO NOT POST SPAM!

This is what is to blame: 

UPDATE 3: In the last day or so, a couple of other media outlets have posted anonymous information that indicates that the draw call count for Assassin's Creed Unity is at fault for the poor performance of the game on PCs. According to this "anonymous" source, while the consoles have low-level API access to hardware to accept and process several times the draw calls, DirectX 11 can only handle "7,000 - 10,000 peak draw calls." Unity apparently is "pushing in excess of 50,000 draw calls per frame" and thus is putting more pressure on the PC that it can handle, even with high end CPU and GPU hardware. The fact that these comments are "anonymous" is pretty frustrating as it means that even if they are accurate, they can't be taken as the truth without confirmation from Ubisoft. If this turns out to be true, then it would be a confirmation that Ubisoft didn't take the time to implement a DX11 port correctly. If it's not true, or only partially to blame, we are left with more meaningless finger-pointing.

does this mean that it will only be fixed once dx12 is released?

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500