I want to Play xbox games in windows.

Matt_TPrice

Ive seen when people capture game footage from their consoles onto their PC they have a preview window that shows a live stream of the game they are playing on their console inside a window in Windows 7 etc.. 

What is the best way for me to use my computer as an Input for a console? So I can have the console playing video straight through my PC. 

any help is greatly appreciated.

Sorry for posting this here. I wasnt sure what forum group would be best.

Shove your "cinematic experience" where the sun don't shine!

WOT?

if you mean people using a capture card to record their console game play to their pc for streaming/uploading purposes, then thats something different...

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

The delay on the monitor from the console is too much to play. You can not do that with a playable experience. 

PC: 4770K @ 4.0 GHz --- Maximus VI Hero --- 8 GB 2133 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro --- EVGA 780 TI Classified @ 1300 MHz --- Samsung Evo 250 GB --- Corsair RM 750 --- Corsair Carbide Air 540 --- CM Storm Rapid-I (MX Blues with PMK Evergreen Keycaps) --- Windows XP --- Razer Naga --- Custom Loop Parts: 380I, EKWB 780 Classy Waterblock and Backplate, 240mm and 360mm XT45, Swiftech MCP655, EKWB multi option reservoir, Mayhems Pastel Red, Primochill Primoflex Advanced Clear Tubing, 5 SP 120 Quiet Editions --- Mobile: Surface Pro 3 (i5 128gb) with JD40 (MX Clears) and Microsoft Sculpt Mouse --- Galaxy S6

Ive seen when people capture game footage from their consoles onto their PC they have a preview window that shows a live stream of the game they are playing on their console inside a window in Windows 7 etc.. 

What is the best way for me to use my computer as an Input for a console? So I can have the console playing video straight through my PC. 

any help is greatly appreciated.

Sorry for posting this here. I wasnt sure what forum group would be best.

The only way i could imagine that happening was if the console was going to a capture card and that capture card was going to the pc.

CPU: AMD FX-6300     COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO    MOBO: ASUS M5A97 R2.0    RAM: Team Vulcan 8Gb (4Gb x 2) , G-Skill Sniper (4Gb x 2)    PSU: Rosewill HIVE-750w    GPU: ASUS HD 7790 2Gb OC    CASE: NZXT Phantom 410    STORAGE: WD Black 1Tb , Intel 530 120Gb     AUDIO: HyperX Cloud , Sennheiser HD 518 , Audio Technica ATH-M30 , Sennheiser MM30G , Yamaha RX-V361 , Pioneer SP-BS22     PHONE: Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge     PERIPHERALS: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Classic , Logitech g502 ( Thanks Syntaxvgm <3 )

WOT?

if you mean people using a capture card to record their console game play to their pc for streaming/uploading purposes, then thats something different...

The delay on the monitor from the console is too much to play. You can not do that with a playable experience. 

This saddens me... Wouldnt it just be cheaper to buy a second monitor anyway?

Cheaper than what? You don't need to buy anything to deal with the delay besides the capture card which you would need anyway for dual monitors. 

PC: 4770K @ 4.0 GHz --- Maximus VI Hero --- 8 GB 2133 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro --- EVGA 780 TI Classified @ 1300 MHz --- Samsung Evo 250 GB --- Corsair RM 750 --- Corsair Carbide Air 540 --- CM Storm Rapid-I (MX Blues with PMK Evergreen Keycaps) --- Windows XP --- Razer Naga --- Custom Loop Parts: 380I, EKWB 780 Classy Waterblock and Backplate, 240mm and 360mm XT45, Swiftech MCP655, EKWB multi option reservoir, Mayhems Pastel Red, Primochill Primoflex Advanced Clear Tubing, 5 SP 120 Quiet Editions --- Mobile: Surface Pro 3 (i5 128gb) with JD40 (MX Clears) and Microsoft Sculpt Mouse --- Galaxy S6

Cheaper than what? You don't need to buy anything to deal with the delay besides the capture card which you would need anyway for dual monitors. I 

I dont need a capture card to run dual monitors, What capture card has the lowest response time on the market?

idk what youre really tryna say BUT theyre not even playing a pc game, theyre just recording their console game play with their pc :/ idk if im confusing but...

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

you can connect the xbox directly to the monitor

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

I dont need a capture card to run dual monitors, What capture card has the lowest response time on the market?

If you want to capture the game you need a capture card. You need to make what you're trying to do clearer because no one, including me apparently, know what you're trying to do. You need a capture card to get the video from the console to the PC monitor. There is no input port on the motherboard or the GPU, only outputs. 

idk what youre really tryna say BUT theyre not even playing a pc game, theyre just recording their console game play with their pc :/ idk if im confusing but...

Basically what I am trying to say is I want a  window inside of my OS displaying the video from my console so I can control audio, alt tab out of the game, and basically be playing a PC game even though I am on a peasant box lol. I dont like using my monitor as an input because managing audio becomes annoying.

Basically what I am trying to say is I want a a window inside of my OS displaying the video from my console so I can control audio, alt tab out of the game, and basically be playing a PC game even though I am on a peasant box lol. I dont like using my monitor as an input because managing audio becomes annoying.

then why not just buy the game on steam? lol

then why not just buy the game on steam? lol

Halo MCC is the game I am trying to do this with.. Trust me, I would if I could lol...

If you want to capture the game you need a capture card. You need to make what you're trying to do clearer because no one, including me apparently, know what you're trying to do. You need a capture card to get the video from the console to the PC monitor. There is no input port on the motherboard or the GPU, only outputs. 

To be clear. I am not trying to record gameplay, I simply just want to play the game through my PC. Basically I want a window that displays the xbox's video output inside of windows. To avoid having to change monitor inputs and to MIx my audio in my PC. 

Halo MCC is the game I am trying to do this with.. Trust me, I would if I could lol...

i feel, but then again the rest of the pcmasterrace isnt gonna be able to play it either unless we suck it up and *dunduhdun* play it on console...

To be clear. I am not trying to record gameplay, I simply just want to play the game through my PC. Basically I want a window that displays the xbox's video output inside of windows. To avoid having to change monitor inputs and to MIx my audio in my PC. 

You'd need a card that takes an input, also known as a capture card (AFAIK). Software will not be able to do that AFAIK because there is no physical input on the computer. It simply can't do it without an input. What you're seeing in the videos of people with console games in a window in windows 7 is them using a capture card AFAIK. Capture cards and their software are not meant to be speedy because if they are doing what they are supposed to, they don't need to be speedy. I would just get a second monitor. 

Right!! So im guessing it would be better to go with a PCIe card instead of USB? Are their any that you would recommend? I dont know much about Capture cards. Ive only really heard of Avermedia Cards. Which one would give me the best response times?