People who play wow apparently dont know what a DDoS attack is

thegamezbeplayed

Blizzard could easily tell, If its a form of amplification like DNS, NTP, SNMP or even SSDP the traffic would show because there would be abnormal amounts of that type of traffic, If its some kid with a PMA botnet they would see a massive increase in PPS (Packets Per Second) from normal traffic because games like WoW rely on a packet being sent every second or so.

I think they're just to lazy to figure out whats causing itm because all they want is the money but I do think its just server side, the official servers are from OVH and Voxility both having amazing DDoS protection once the game settles down and players start to leave it'll be fine.

Yea blizzard just wants your money from the game purchase because after that there is no reason to support the player right? It's not like there is a monthly service cost to play the game or anything. 

You don't make money selling the game, that's why it's free to play up to level 20. You make money on the subscription that happens every month. 

Yea blizzard just wants your money from the game purchase because after that there is no reason to support the player right? It's not like there is a monthly service cost to play the game or anything. 

You don't make money selling the game, that's why it's free to play up to level 20. You make money on the subscription that happens every month. 

I have played many MMO's wow has always felt the most complete and the most addicting. When people complain about wow i just wanna say okay go play a different game, youll be back to wow in 2 weeks. Cuz nothing else can compare.

I have played many MMO's wow has always felt the most complete and the most addicting. When people complain about wow i just wanna say okay go play a different game, youll be back to wow in 2 weeks. Cuz nothing else can compare.

I'm the opposite. I hate wow. I do not like it, not one bit. I've tried to get into it, just can't do it. I think I've purchased like 3 or 4 copies at this point. Just can't get into grinding for virtual items in wow. MMORPG's in general just don't appeal to me. I have ESO and played for like two hours then shut it down and never played again. 

I'm the opposite. I hate wow. I do not like it, not one bit. I've tried to get into it, just can't do it. I think I've purchased like 3 or 4 copies at this point. Just can't get into grinding for virtual items in wow. MMORPG's in general just don't appeal to me. I have ESO and played for like two hours then shut it down and never played again. 

k

Yes, well, people are so much oblivious about all kind of things around the world.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/15271097043#1

While that solution helped a ton for our North American launch, we ran into a few other issues, including a distributed denial of service attack, that resulted in increased latency.

Blizzard says they did get hit by a DDoS attack. CM Lore said so too last night on Twitter: https://twitter.com/CM_Lore/status/533038717359779840

Lore @CM_Lore  Not trying to blame everything on DDOS. Obv plenty of issues on our end too. Just more on the pile is all.

Tyler @tylercentral @CM_Lore The players connecting alone would be considered a DDoS, but you are saying there is also a targeted malicious DDoS? More details?

Lore@CM_Lore @tylercentral Yes, a targeted DDOS on top of players logging in. Not likely to share much more than that.

So yeah, Blizzard has publically stated there was a malicious DDoS attack on their services. So no, it isn't just annoyed people saying stuff they don't understand.

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

You can find anyones IP if you know their skype name. Once you have their IP you can DDOS them easily. 

Not if you read my resolver prob blocking tutorial. :D

PEWDIEPIE DONT CROSS THAT BRIDGE