People who play wow apparently dont know what a DDoS attack is

thegamezbeplayed

When I realized you posted about WoW, I would stay the fuck away.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Is it a confirmed DDoS attack or is it just every active player logging in to the WoD zones at the same time?

Is it a confirmed DDoS attack or is it just every active player logging in to the WoD zones at the same time?

idk it would seem pretty low of blizz too state a DDoS attack when its only ppl just trying to play

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/15271097043?page=2

reading some of the peoples comments is pathetic. Blaming wow when this type of thing can never be forseen

people jsut want to bitch 

Meh. Never share your skype with people you don't 100 percent trust. Change this setting in skype. Why? Cus MS is retarded. Watch the problems go away. Big streamers are often attacked (like Nobble here), which is why little kids and people who have no idea what they are talking about, think they are being attacked.

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

idk it would seem pretty low of blizz too state a DDoS attack when its only ppl just trying to play

That's what I'm asking. Did Blizzard confirm it? Can you provide a source?

Meh. Never share your skype with people you don't 100 percent trust. Change this setting in skype. Why? Cus MS is retarded. Watch the problems go away. Big streamers are often attacked (like Nobble here), which is why little kids and people who have no idea what they are talking about, think they are being attacked.

what are you talking about

Most of the big streamers on Twitch get DDOS'd and it is due to Skype. People watch the streamers and think DDOS happens to everyone. It doesn't. People like Mitch Jones, SodaPoppin etc have to change their Skypes often. Without changing that setting? It doesn't even matter who you give the skype out to. Nobble got attacked just due to that setting and searches.

When you play high end arena/bg's in WoW? You learn all about this crap. People can become very much a scumbag when a rating is involved in a game. It is pretty damn bad, and I would say RBG's might even be worse than Arenas.

DDOSing does happen a lot in WoW. It isn't happening to people trying to log into overloaded servers though. It is mostly at high rating PvP, or attacking a well known streamer.

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

This shouldn't be in the news forum. OP lacks both lacks a source and content. OP also fails to explain why this is relevant and not completely opinionated like it appears/is to be.

i7 4770K @ 4.5GHZ, NH-D14, Kingston HyperX Black 8GB, Asus Z87-A, Fractal Design XL R2, MSI TF IV R9 280x, BTFNX 550G

This shouldn't be in the news forum. OP lacks both lacks a source and content. OP also fails to explain why this is relevant and not completely opinionated like it appears/is to be.

how is this not news, wow just launched and shit seems to be going down

That is called server overload. It has happened in every MMO release and every WoW expansion to be honest. I remember taking the day off work in TBC and leveling a Horde Paladin for my raiding guild.

It isn't DDOS. It is just a super popular game with damn near zero competition for what it offers, with everyone trying to play at the same time. 

Its not news because your OP lacks validity. All you did was look at a bunch of comments then came to the conclusion that LACKED any scientific study or evidence. That is why it is not news.

i7 4770K @ 4.5GHZ, NH-D14, Kingston HyperX Black 8GB, Asus Z87-A, Fractal Design XL R2, MSI TF IV R9 280x, BTFNX 550G

why would you call someone not in your contacts? ...

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

why would you call someone not in your contacts? ...

Nothing to do with it. People can search a name find out your ip. 

Is that exploit still around? lol it has been over a year and a half

so why bother with the setting at all

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

so why bother with the setting at all

Cus they can't see the IP unless they are in your contacts list. 

Cus they can't see the IP unless they are in your contacts list. 

no that dont https://mostwantedhf.info/

Are they talking about mass ddos or player base ddos?

Either way both are done periodically, the latter more often. 

Desktop: Intel 4770k - 12GB Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz RAM - Asus Maximus VI Formula Mobo - Asus Strix 970 SLI - Cooler Master V850 PSU -  Nzxt Phantom 630 Case  - 1TB WD HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 250GB SSD - Nzxt Kraken X60 - 24" Asus VG248QE 1080p Monitor - Logitech G35 Headset -  G502 Proteus Core - Logitech G710+ Keyboard - Nzxt Hue - Windows 10

Are they talking about mass ddos or player base ddos?

Either way both are done periodically, the latter more often. 

i dont think they ever announced that. 

but blizzard always manages to get there stuff in order.

idk maybe im to understanding and when im stuck in a 3 hour queue i can pass the time by calmly. rather than bitch and be upset

Blizzard could easily tell, If its a form of amplification like DNS, NTP, SNMP or even SSDP the traffic would show because there would be abnormal amounts of that type of traffic, If its some kid with a PMA botnet they would see a massive increase in PPS (Packets Per Second) from normal traffic because games like WoW rely on a packet being sent every second or so.

I think they're just to lazy to figure out whats causing itm because all they want is the money but I do think its just server side, the official servers are from OVH and Voxility both having amazing DDoS protection once the game settles down and players start to leave it'll be fine.

PEWDIEPIE DONT CROSS THAT BRIDGE

Blizzard could easily tell, If its a form of amplification like DNS, NTP, SNMP or even SSDP the traffic would show because there would be abnormal amounts of that type of traffic, If its some kid with a PMA botnet they would see a massive increase in PPS (Packets Per Second) from normal traffic because games like WoW rely on a packet being sent every second or so.

I think they're just to lazy to figure out whats causing itm because all they want is the money but I do think its just server side, the official servers are from OVH and Voxility both having amazing DDoS protection once the game settles down and players start to leave it'll be fine.

i never understood people who claim blizz just wants money, blizz is one of the few good gaming studios left

You can find anyones IP if you know their skype name. Once you have their IP you can DDOS them easily.