AT&T will stop investing in high-speed fiber internet until net neutrality rules decided

Dietrichw

Apple paid him off. The people who want net neutrality are good guys, so they won't bribe him. The ISPs however? They're already trying to find what his price is.

So if they vote for net neutrality then everything is fine, and if they don't then answer is corruption. Because the precedent has been set, the president can over rule the courts rending is nothing for them to fear.

EDIT: not that means anything nowadays as it has gotten so bad that governments are open about their corruption because there is nothing anyone can do about it (unless you are comcast rich)

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

AT&T about to throw a tantrum..... you would think these corporations would act normally. 

Desktop: Intel 4770k - 12GB Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz RAM - Asus Maximus VI Formula Mobo - Asus Strix 970 SLI - Cooler Master V850 PSU -  Nzxt Phantom 630 Case  - 1TB WD HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 250GB SSD - Nzxt Kraken X60 - 24" Asus VG248QE 1080p Monitor - Logitech G35 Headset -  G502 Proteus Core - Logitech G710+ Keyboard - Nzxt Hue - Windows 10

Wait AT&T was investing in high speed fibre  Good joke Good joke 

IntelCorei54670k,Maximus VI Formula,Swift tech H220, 16gigs Corsair Dominator platinums, Asus DCUII GTX 780,1x256 840 evo, 1x 2TB Segate barracuda, Corsair AX 860, 

3 X Noctua NF-F12, 2x Noctua NF A-14, Ducky Shine 3 Blue Leds Blue switches, Razer Death Adder 2012, Corsair vengence 1400  

Wait AT&T was investing in high speed fibre Good joke Good joke

hahaha.

But seriously, I'm sure there is a warm place in hell reserved for these people who have taken what should be a straight forward excellent service (the machine has to stay on and reboot occasionally, I'm assuming, like any piece of hardware) and turned it into the most miserable consumer experience in America.

Fuck these people. I wish they would die and I'm a pacifist with passive aggressive tendencies.

Edit: Or that they would at least crawl into a dark cave and never come out.

Can we banish people from society? Seriously.

Play the greatest game ever. TF2. http://www.teamfortress.com/

Man, it's a good thing I refuse to get a service with AT&T.

For a "professional company," they seem to like the idea of acting like children because they couldn't get that extra dollar bill.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

so now they are threatening the fcc. good guy at&t /s

too bad verizon has already sued and won

So they will essentially go from spending $0 on their network, to now spending $0.00 on their network.

damn 2 extra zeros

I think he is just trying to swing his political weight around. I don't see a rational board for a company allowing the CEO to give their competitors an advantage by stopping capital investment. If the fiber project was profitable without new rules, I fail to see how new rules would change that.

You can't hurt competition where none exists. There are a disturbing number of areas in the US with only one option for reliable broadband. I have the option of Time Warner Cable or 1 Mb DSL.

Wow, just wow.....

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

These ISP's need to fuck right the hell off.

a9d80Zm_700b_v1_zps15228cc9.jpg

I'm honestly beginning to believe that's who's running the world and all major corporations.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

You can't hurt competition where none exists. There are a disturbing number of areas in the US with only one option for reliable broadband. I have the option of Time Warner Cable or 1 Mb DSL.

I have Time Warner Cable as well and there is no one else who provides high speed internet to my residency. Verizon is just a few miles away!

I dislike the lack of competition. There should be cheaper rates for faster speeds already. Some parts of the world have made this possible with community driven networks. Why can't we?

There was a project for getting community networks in the US wonder what happened to them.

Here is a summary of US based community broadband projects. I should move to one of those areas.

http://www.muninetworks.org/communitymap

No, then I'd just be an invader. I should try to make this happen in my community. We all should. What downsides do you see to this plan? Everyone pays for internet as it is. Everyone. And we still get shitty service.

These ISP's need to fuck right the hell off.

a9d80Zm_700b_v1_zps15228cc9.jpg

I'm honestly beginning to believe that's who's running the world and all major corporations.

This is what happens when you let conservatives pick winning corporations and business practices: no advancement of technology or society.

At least when liberals pick you get some good work done, even if you get flops along the way.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

This is what happens when you let conservatives pick winning corporations and business practices: no advancement of technology or society.

At least when liberals pick you get some good work done, even if you get flops along the way.

Except that no actual work gets done because everyone just ends up getting free shit paid for by others. Please stop lumping conservatives in with republicans because there is a difference.

Republicans = greedy corporate lawyers and yes men

Conservatives = people who just want a good economy and the ability to get a fucking job and make their own way instead of having everyone else pay for it.

You don't get good economy from liberals, they end up over regulating businesses out of existence because the cost of doing business becomes too large and no one can make any money. Just look at Detroit. Hell the only reason California appears to have an economy is the entertainment industry, other than that it's absolute shit and their state government is broke as hell.

What we need is a middle path.

ATT has got nothing on the FCC or the President.

Hope for America's sake net neutrality remains.

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

Except that no actual work gets done because everyone just ends up getting free shit paid for by others. Please stop lumping conservatives in with republicans because there is a difference.

Conservatives = people who just want a good economy and the ability to get a fucking job and make their own way instead of having everyone else pay for it.

You don't get good economy from liberals, they end up over regulating businesses out of existence because the cost of doing business becomes too large and no one can make any money. Just look at Detroit. Hell the only reason California appears to have an economy is the entertainment industry, other than that it's absolute shit and their state government is broke as hell.

Excuse me, what were you saying about my state?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/07/10/california-economy-recovery_n_5575571.html

Don't hate. Different solutions can work.

Edit: Also lol at calling the 8th largest economy an entertainment industry. There's food. Couldn't be a lib tard giving out free food without that. Not to mention tech companies.

Your definition of conservative effectively covers the whole U.S. populace.

Some businesses are bigger albatrosses than helps. Walmart is one such business.

California also has Intel and AMD.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Your definition of conservative effectively covers the whole U.S. populace.

Some businesses are bigger albatrosses than helps. Walmart is one such business.

California also has Intel and AMD.

Walmart does employ hundreds of thousands of people. What gives you, or anyone, the right to determine how they treat their employees? Not everyone can make 100k a year from doing scut work, that's why people get better jobs and allow Walmart to hire some other teenager for a part time job. The difference is that Comcast isn't Walmart, completely different industry and market. Not only that, but Walmart has better customer service than Comcast (hard to say that and not laugh)

The problem with a lot of government regulations is that they don't work, for instance, I worked at a state run liquor store, and was not allowed to work more than 29 hours a week because then they would have to have provided health insurance. I'd have rather had a 40 hour a week job and no health insurance than a 29 hour a week job with no insurance, because I'd have made a hell of a lot more money than I did, partly because of the increase of hours, and partly because they'd have had to employ less people at that store, thus allowing me to max out my hours. I ended up only getting about 25-28 hours a week AT MOST. All because the federal government decided to redefine a "full time" position as 30 hours a week.

1 large entity such as the federal government cannot always know what is right for each and every locality. In fact they often don't and just go with assumptions. And more often than not, their regulations do more harm than good. Don't get me wrong, I am for some regulation, but not anywhere near as much as what they currently regulate. It's a situational issue, situational to the industry, the market, what's actually going on, etc. For instance, we have comcast, TWC, and AT&T acting like brazzen jackasses, openly lying about what they do despite having been proved wrong (throttling), and basically displaying a desire to abuse their customers as much as possible, so something DOES actually need to be done about it.

why do they still think fiber is a bad idea they will make so mch money if they get their head out off their ass and do what people want them to do

Walmart does employ hundreds of thousands of people. What gives you, or anyone, the right to determine how they treat their employees? Not everyone can make 100k a year from doing scut work, that's why people get better jobs and allow Walmart to hire some other teenager for a part time job. The difference is that Comcast isn't Walmart, completely different industry and market. Not only that, but Walmart has better customer service than Comcast (hard to say that and not laugh)

The problem with a lot of government regulations is that they don't work, for instance, I worked at a state run liquor store, and was not allowed to work more than 29 hours a week because then they would have to have provided health insurance. I'd have rather had a 40 hour a week job and no health insurance than a 29 hour a week job with no insurance, because I'd have made a hell of a lot more money than I did, partly because of the increase of hours, and partly because they'd have had to employ less people at that store, thus allowing me to max out my hours. I ended up only getting about 25-28 hours a week AT MOST. All because the federal government decided to redefine a "full time" position as 30 hours a week.

1 large entity such as the federal government cannot always know what is right for each and every locality. In fact they often don't and just go with assumptions. And more often than not, their regulations do more harm than good. Don't get me wrong, I am for some regulation, but not anywhere near as much as what they currently regulate. It's a situational issue, situational to the industry, the market, what's actually going on, etc. For instance, we have comcast, TWC, and AT&T acting like brazzen jackasses, openly lying about what they do despite having been proved wrong (throttling), and basically displaying a desire to abuse their customers as much as possible, so something DOES actually need to be done about it.

While I agree with you and have been in the very same position (I was capped at 32.5 hours) I wouldn't apply such a broad swathe to government regulation.

I would rather have clean rivers and purified drinking water, as well as a high education standard. There are more things, but not all government regulations are bad. It's when you start wanting to do away with all of them that I start thinking you're barking mad. I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks like this.

I know this is how the world has to work because there will always be unscrupulous types.

I would love it if we could live on anarchy island and all hold hands. (Volunteer society)

Unfortunately, there's no hope. Literally every major ISP smartphone carrier in the country is against net neutrality. The government will give in because of the expense of lawsuits from AT&T, Verizon, Comcast, Time Warner, T-Mobile, and who knows who else?

T-Mobile I wouldnt be sure about, they're pretty chill with their phones

FANBOY OF: PowerColor, be quiet!, Transcend, G.Skill, Phanteks

FORMERLY FANBOY OF: A-Data, Corsair, Nvidia

DEVELOPING FANBOY OF: AMD (GPUS), Intel (CPUs), ASRock

Wow! That is getting bad, looks like government should step in... can't believe this is getting decided by crooks in private companies.

T-Mobile I wouldnt be sure about, they're pretty chill with their phones

Ledger is siding with the other ISPs, mainly due to the fact that Music Freedom is a fast lane (even though any music service can sign up for free).

While I agree with you and have been in the very same position (I was capped at 32.5 hours) I wouldn't apply such a broad swathe to government regulation.

I would rather have clean rivers and purified drinking water, as well as a high education standard. There are more things, but not all government regulations are bad. It's when you start wanting to do away with all of them that I start thinking you're barking mad. I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks like this.

I know this is how the world has to work because there will always be unscrupulous types.

I would love it if we could live on anarchy island and all hold hands. (Volunteer society)

Things that would be possible with stronger local governments and stronger people-led initiatives. The need for regulation is necessary, but regulations can (And in the case of the US, has) become excessive. And the worst part is that this does not harm or even affect the big corporations at all. Those guys can simply pay off the regulators or just pay whatever the regulations require. On the contrary, it harms the potential for competition, as the regulations the work of creating a monopoly/oligopoly/oligarchy for the corporations, with only small amounts of action needed by them in order to maintain their preferred status quo.

We all need a daily check-up from the neck up to avoid stinkin' thinkin' which ultimately leads to the hardening of attitudes. - Zig Ziglar

The sad fact about atheists is that they stand for nothing while standing against things that have brought much good to the world. Now ain't that sad. - Anonymous

Replace fear with faith and fear will disappear. - Billy Cox  ......................................Also, Legalism, Education-bred Arrogance and Hubris-based Assumption are BULLSHIT.