Best case for my build (and PSU) advice/opinions

Go to solution Solved by Dango,

Hi there good people of this forum.

I am looking at buying a new case for my build (MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard, Intel i5-4690k, MSI GTX 760 OC 2GB, Antec Kühler H2O 950).

I currently have this build in a CM Storm Scout, but it is a bit tight with very little cable management room. Also only 1 system fan intake on the front doesn't allow for much air flow, as the CPU cooler radiator is on the rear 120mm fan mount. And because of the size of the radiator I've had to remove the top fan.

Anyway, I'm looking at getting a new case, mid tower. I've been looking at: Antec P280 windowed, Fractal Design Define R4, CM Storm Scout 2 (really like the handles on my current scout) Fractal Design Define XL R2 (can get for decent price). My main worry about the case it that my CPU cooler will fit easily in the case. The Antec one is a decent size so it should be fine, but I prefer the look of the Fractal R4. Then I saw the Fractal XL R2 and thought that could work as well. Does anyone have any advice or know if the CPU cooler will fit fine in all the above cases? Also if you have any other case recommendations, I'm eager to hear them. (I haven't listed the NZXT H440 as it's a little out of my price range, South African prices).

Also, any PSU recommendations? Preferably modular or at least semi-modular, and around 650W-750W.

Thanks guys :)

H440 750D R4 540Air

psu cooler master V650 V750 seasonic p750 ax760 rm750

I am looking at buying a new case for my build (MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard, Intel i5-4690k, MSI GTX 760 OC 2GB, Antec Kühler H2O 950).

I currently have this build in a CM Storm Scout, but it is a bit tight with very little cable management room. Also only 1 system fan intake on the front doesn't allow for much air flow, as the CPU cooler radiator is on the rear 120mm fan mount. And because of the size of the radiator I've had to remove the top fan.

Anyway, I'm looking at getting a new case, mid tower. I've been looking at: Antec P280 windowed, Fractal Design Define R4, CM Storm Scout 2 (really like the handles on my current scout) Fractal Design Define XL R2 (can get for decent price). My main worry about the case it that my CPU cooler will fit easily in the case. The Antec one is a decent size so it should be fine, but I prefer the look of the Fractal R4. Then I saw the Fractal XL R2 and thought that could work as well. Does anyone have any advice or know if the CPU cooler will fit fine in all the above cases? Also if you have any other case recommendations, I'm eager to hear them. (I haven't listed the NZXT H440 as it's a little out of my price range, South African prices).

Also, any PSU recommendations? Preferably modular or at least semi-modular, and around 650W-750W.

the nova is really good

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

evga supernova 650w and for the case the arc midi r2 is nice or the nzxt s340 (no5.25" though)

Steve

evga supernova 650w and for the case the arc midi r2 is nice or the nzxt s340 (no5.25" though)

The 650W EVGA is pretty average. The better units start at 750W.

I suggest that, if you want an R4, find a good deal on one. I've been seeing them for $70 US, about 40 dollars cheaper than usual.

For a PSU, EVGA Supernova as everybody says. Should be a pretty good choice.

For a CPU cooler, you can get the famous Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO and replace the fan with a Noctua fan.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

H440 750D R4 540Air

psu cooler master V650 V750 seasonic p750 ax760 rm750

thanks guys, appretiate it. I'm leanng towards the Fractal design R4, nice case. I can get it for R1 250 (approx. $113) here in South Africa. I'll have a look at the EVGA PSUs, thanks. Was also considering the Coolermaster V650/750. Thanks Dango for also mentioning those.