Would a H100i fit here, and be enough for this CPU?

Hey people!

So, I have to cool down this AMD FX 8320 with something, and I thought on a Corsair H100i.

Problem is that my actual case is.. Well.. Kind of looks like this:

1a.jpg

So I was thinking on get a Sentey Burton PC case, and I was wondering if this H100i would fit in there.

Sentey Burton

sentey-burton-23.JPG

Corsair H100i

h100i_hero_fan.png

As you can see, the Burton has two fans in the top of it, but, is that enough for fitting this H100i?

Do you think it'd be enough for cooling this FX 8320 overclocking it to 4.0GHz or 4.5GHz?

Thanks for replying if you do!

The spacing on those top-mounted 120mm's does not appear to have support for a 140mm radiator. They're too far apart.

~Remember to quote posts to continue support on your thread~
-Don't be this kind of person-

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB

The spacing on those top-mounted 120mm's does not appear to have support for a 140mm radiator. They're too far apart.

Yeah.. I thought so

It looks like it actually has a top compartment for radiators, but I may be wrong. I think it does support it.

They even have a picture on their site showing it. 

watercooling_black_360.png

EDIT: I would consider a different case though. There are much better cases around the same price point. 

It looks like it actually has a top compartment for radiators, but I may be wrong. I think it does support it.

They even have a picture on their site showing it. 

watercooling_black_360.png

But that looks like a.. I don't know the name of it. Where you set the tubes and you buy the socket apart? And the H100i comes all together,

I may be missing something..

But that looks like a.. I don't know the name of it. Where you set the tubes and you buy the socket apart? And the H100i comes all together,

The main thing is the radiator fitting. This picture looks like it uses a 240mm radiator (same as the H100i uses) and it fits. Therefore, the H100i will fit. 

'Custom loop' I think is the name you're looking for? ;)

I think what Oshino was talking about was the way the rad is mounted in the top. If that one fits for that custom loop, it should fit the H100i. It does look like you'd have to go with a 'push' (if the top is exhausting hot air) setup since the spacing of the fans on the top is not right next to each other.

top%20per%20-%20%20armado%20-%20N.jpg

The main thing is the radiator fitting. This picture looks like it uses a 240mm radiator (same as the H100i uses) and it fits. Therefore, the H100i will fit. 

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh I got it. I hope it will fit!! Thank you so much for replying!!  :D

'Custom loop' I think is the name you're looking for? ;)

I think what Oshino was talking about was the way the rad is mounted in the top. If that one fits for that custom loop, it should fit the H100i. It does look like you'd have to go with a 'push' (if the top is exhausting hot air) setup since the spacing of the fans on the top is not right next to each other.

top%20per%20-%20%20armado%20-%20N.jpg

Yep! By a 'push setting' you mean to PUSH air INTRO the case or EXAUSTING it? Excuse my ignorancy  :mellow:

Thank you too for replying! 

Gosh I though this comunity wasn't this good honestly  :D

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh I got it. I hope it will fit!! Thank you so much for replying!!  :D

Yep! By a 'push setting' you mean to PUSH air INTRO the case or EXAUSTING it? Excuse my ignorancy  :mellow:

Thank you too for replying! 

Gosh I though this comunity wasn't this good honestly  :D

Push means the way the air is passing through the radiator, rather than the case. So have them pushing air through the radiator, out of the top of the case, rather than pulling air through the radiator. 

Push means the way the air is passing through the radiator, rather than the case. So have them pushing air through the radiator, out of the top of the case, rather than pulling air through the radiator. 

Yup. You could have it setup as a 'pull' with the fans mounted the same way, sucking air from outside the top of the case, through the rad, then into the case; but you're fighting thermodynamics and doesn't make much sense. Ideally, you pull air in from the front/bottom of the case, and have air exhaust out the back/top of the case.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....... Got it! So this part of the fan should be heading up, right?

apache_fan_number.jpg

Yup. You could have it setup as a 'pull' with the fans mounted the same way, sucking air from outside the top of the case, through the rad, then into the case; but you're fighting thermodynamics and doesn't make much sense. Ideally, you pull air in from the front/bottom of the case, and have air exhaust out the back/top of the case.

This confuses me even more since I'm a non-english native speaker, but ehhh... Isn't "Push" already sucking air from the top?

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....... Got it! So this part of the fan should be heading up, right?

apache_fan_number.jpg

This confuses me even more since I'm a non-english native speaker, but ehhh... Isn't "Push" already sucking air from the top?

Yes, that side should be against the radiator, pointing up. This will push air through the radiator and out of the case. 

Yes, that side should be against the radiator, pointing up. This will push air through the radiator and out of the case. 

Thank you so much again!!  :D

apache_fan_number.jpg

The fans are sucking air from the inside of the case and pushing it through the radiator. If you have the fans flipped the other way, they will be sucking air from outside of the case, pulling it through the radiator. But in a top-mount setup, it's not ideal, so you can ignore it. Sorry for the confusion! Set it up like Oshino said and you'll be fine. If you have doubts about which way the fans go, there should be arrows on the frame of the fan somewhere showing airflow. And if you're still not sure, just plug them in and turn em on.

The fans are sucking air from the inside of the case and pushing it through the radiator. If you have the fans flipped the other way, they will be sucking air from outside of the case, pulling it through the radiator. But in a top-mount setup, it's not ideal, so you can ignore it. Sorry for the confusion! Set it up like Oshino said and you'll be fine. If you have doubts about which way the fans go, there should be arrows on the frame of the fan somewhere showing airflow. And if you're still not sure, just plug them in and turn em on.

Yeah, is not your fault at all about the confusion haha, it's just me and my english skills..  :P  Thank you for replying and helping anyways, I apreciate it!  :D