Motherboard: Asus H97 Pro Gamer
CPU: Intel i5-4690
GPU: Asus STRIX GTX970
PCU: Thermaltake Tough Power 550W
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws-X 2133MHZ (4GBx2pcs) CL9
Storage: Crucial MX100 256GB 

CPU cooler: Corsair H60
Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro

Basically, I'm not overclocking. I'm just a hardcore gamer playing casual games. Just want to find out more on the compatibility and if there are any better alternatives. I'm also hoping the rig would last at least 8-10years. 

At the same time, I also need help with arranging how my fans would work in the case. I'm not very sure if the top fan should be intake or exhaust. 

post-161002-0-94644600-1415717790.png

Thanks for reading, do comment on the build (: trolls welcomed too. 

Well, build looks decent, but I'd swap the memory for something cheaper around 1600mhz, perfectly fine for gaming.

And no it probably won't last 8-10yrs, no system will [for gaming] ^^

Well, do you need them at all?

What you could do is flip either the radiator fan, or have the top ones as intake.

Basically you need more fans intaking than exhausting -> Less dust. ^^

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

If you are going with a radiator, avoid using corsair fans. They really aren't that great. But you can fit 3 140mm fans in the top, and 2 120mm in the front, and 2 more on the bottom. 

nice, but i would save money on the psu...lol I would go for EVGA G1 650W 80+ gold which is $55-$60 and instead of that i5 i would pick the i7 4790 has a turbo to 4gh.. would be perfect for the next 10years at least.

The blood on to your heart start pumping faster when you notice me.

But is ok.

Judge me for my nickname, my avatar and for the low amounts of posts I have. I will keep your heart beat raised.

nice, but i would save money on the psu...lol I would go for EVGA G1 650W 80+ gold which is $55-$60 and instead of that i5 i would pick the i7 4790 has a turbo to 4gh.. would be perfect for the next 10years at least.

I5 would be fine, it depends on his budget, but of course if he/she can afford it then it's a good choice. I went with the 4690k because I wanted to save some $. But I believe the turbo for the i5 is 3.7? So yeah only if he can afford the i7 should he get it because your right it's a good future proof. :)

If you are going with a radiator, avoid using corsair fans. They really aren't that great.

There are better and cheaper fans than the corsair ones. For both radiators and creating airflow.

i7 4770k // Scythe Mugen PCGH 4 // Asus Maximus VI Hero // Crucial Ballistix 2x 4GB 1866 CL9 // MSI GTX 770 2GB Gaming

In that config I would have one top fan as intake with filter. But I doubt you need two. Rather use another fan with rad if you feel CPU needs extra cooling.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

violet AF140 as exhaust.

Btw: your mainboard only supports crossfire not SLI. You can take a cheap motherboard aswell.

Replace the watercooler with a decent air cooler 50$+, you won´t be running in danger of destroying your hardware and it´ll be more quiet. 

The tubings are made of rubber and these don´t last very long if moved a lot, sealings get older also etc.