Help me pick an ITX case!

runit3

250D is the best choice.

I3-4150 | Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | 8GB KINGSTON FURY RAM | MSI Z97-G43 | HYPERX FURY 120GB SSD SAPPHIRE HD7950 VAPOR-X | Phanteks Enthoo Pro M | EVGA 500W | Corsair SP120's w/ NZXT Fan Hub

Plans: I5-4690K || EVGA GS 650W | KINGSTON FURY 8GB RAM  PCPARTPICKER: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/

First, the GV-N970IXOC-4GD is not half-height but full height, unless you meant half lenght. The GV-N75TOC-2GL is half-height though.

Putting that aside, the SilverStone RVZ01(or the ML07) gives you all you would need with the exception of maybe space for the seidon 240M. You would also have to use an SFX PSU like the SilverStone ST45SF-G 450W but that is more then enough for your build, even if you overclock.

The NCASE N1 would allow you to use the seidon 240M but you have to use an SFX PSU also. Unfortunately you have to make a pre-order and wait for a production run since they are a small company.

PS: It would be awesome if someone would start making half-height GTX 970 or even GTX 960 cards since the SilverStone ML04 can accomodate an ATX PSU and a mini-ATX mobo, but only has half-height slots. That would make it possible to build an absolute beast of a machine with SLI fit to put on a living room.

Corsair Obsidian 250D

Done!

-snip-

Fixed the OP, thx. No clue why I said half height :wacko:

I don't want to risk using something as low as 450w. The 970 will likely come in somewhere between 200-225w after a BIOS flash+over voltage (stock figures: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/nvidia-geforce-gtx-980-970-maxwell,3941-12.html). While the little G3258 should easily stay under 100w, when I swap to the delid'd 4770k it'll hit the 110-135w mark. Throw in an SSD/HDD/5.25" drive and that 450w is going to be pretty damn close, I'd rather err on the side of caution and have some expandability if need be.

I really like the Ncase M1, I just wish they had a distribution deal. Where can you buy one? Their website just says "unavailable"

LanSyndicate Build | i5-6600k | ASRock OC Formula | G.Skill 3600MHz | Samsung 850 Evo | MSI R9-290X 8GB Alphacool Block | Enthoo Pro M | XTR Pro 750w | Custom Loop |

Daily | 5960X | X99 Sabertooth | G.Skill 3000MHz | 750 NVMe | 850 Evo | x2 WD Se 2TB | x2 Seagate 3TB | Sapphire R9-290X 8GB | Enthoo Primo | EVGA 1000G2 | Custom Loop |

Game Box | 4690K | Z97i-Plus | G.Skill 2400MHz | x2 840 Evo | GTX 970 shorty | Corsair 250D modded with H105 | EVGA 650w B2 |

Fixed the OP, thx. No clue why I said half height :wacko:

I don't want to risk using something as low as 450w. The 970 will likely come in somewhere between 200-225w after a BIOS flash+over voltage (stock figures: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/nvidia-geforce-gtx-980-970-maxwell,3941-12.html). While the little G3258 should easily stay under 100w, when I swap to the delid'd 4770k it'll hit the 110-135w mark. Throw in an SSD/HDD/5.25" drive and that 450w is going to be pretty damn close, I'd rather err on the side of caution and have some expandability if need be.

I really like the Ncase M1, I just wish they had a distribution deal. Where can you buy one? Their website just says "unavailable"

From their site on the FAQ section: "Ordering is only opened at certain times - either when preorders are being collected for the next run, or when there is extra inventory available. We have an email list you may subscribe to to stay updated on availability."

You can also contact them on the contact link I suppose.

Also from their FAQ section: "A 450W SFX power supply can't possibly be enough power for a high end system, can it?

It most certainly can. Power requirements are often greatly exaggerated, by manufacturers and users alike. There are numerous examples of people running GTX 780s and R9 290Xs on Silverstone's 450W SFX PSU with no issues - even with overclocked CPUs and watercooling! In practice, such systems rarely exceed 350W. For those who really want to push mini-ITX to the absolute limit, a 600W SFX from Silverstone has been announced for release later this year."

The GTX 970 has 40% lower TDP then the GTX 780 so I'd say it's pretty safe to run it on that 450W PSU. But if you really feel the need to go higher there's the 600W SX600-G.

EDIT: With the overvoltage that puts it at the level of the GTX 780 so 450W should still be enough.