Best mid towers?

Spev

I'm wanting to relocate my current rig (in a full tower) to a small or mid size tower to make room for my new full tower build this month. I've been looking at the Corsair 540, Corsair 450d, and the Cooler Master HAF XB Evo as possible options. I'm doing this so my parts don't go to waste and I have room for both PCs. The 450d might be a bit too compact, I'm not too fond of the 540s airflow surprisingly, and Evo just looks stale. Overall it doesn't have to be fancy since it's going to house my old build parts, suggestions? 

Was wanting to do a mini atx build, but I have a ATX mobo so it won't work so that's why I'm looking at mid towers.

Current PC build: [CPU: Intel i7 8700k] [GPU: GTX 1070 Asus ROG Strix] [Ram: Corsair LPX 32GB 3000MHz] [Mobo: Asus Prime Z370-A] [SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 500GB primary + Samsung 860 Evo 1TB secondary] [PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 750w 80plus] [Monitors: Dual Dell Ultrasharp U2718Qs, 4k IPS] [Case: Fractal Design R5]

Corsair Air 540, Corsair 450D & H440 / S340.

Love them all.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

Enthoo Pro, Enthoo Luxe, H440.

I'm that guy with the GPD Win.

Enthoo Pro.

full tower?

Current PC build: [CPU: Intel i7 8700k] [GPU: GTX 1070 Asus ROG Strix] [Ram: Corsair LPX 32GB 3000MHz] [Mobo: Asus Prime Z370-A] [SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 500GB primary + Samsung 860 Evo 1TB secondary] [PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 750w 80plus] [Monitors: Dual Dell Ultrasharp U2718Qs, 4k IPS] [Case: Fractal Design R5]

full tower?

I believe so.

I'd look at H440 / S340 imho.

I believe so.

I'd look at H440 / S340 imho.

Yea, the thing is I want the smallest as possible. As I mentioned my current (soon to be old) rig is in a full tower. I want to relocate it to a smaller case, and make some room for my new full tower. I don't want 2 full towers, that's just a little ridiculous. 

Yea, the thing is I want the smallest as possible. As I mentioned my current (soon to be old) rig is in a full tower. I want to relocate it to a smaller case, and make some room for my new full tower. I don't want 2 full towers, that's just a little ridiculous. 

H440 is mid-tower.

Consider an mATX case? Just that bit smaller, can do pretty much anything most people would want to do with a full ATX board. 

Consider an mATX case? Just that bit smaller, can do pretty much anything most people would want to do with a full ATX board. 

I've looked at some, I haven't found one that accepts a regular ATX board.

I'm very satisfied with my Fractal Arc Midi R2, it's a nice case.

yesterday's weirdness is tomorrow's reason why

I saw a video review of the fractal design r4 and thought it was pretty impressive.. it just seemed like a lot of nice features all brought together for a nice price..

I also like a lot of antec and cooler master cases. A big thing i look for o cases is easy to remove dust filters on all intakes. It just makes life easier to have this imo.. There are a few cases that done really have good dust filter setups..

I've looked at some, I haven't found one that accepts a regular ATX board.

Well, that's why they're a mATX case. My suggestion being that you get a new, mATX motherboard and reuse your ATX motherboard in your new build (or not). Just a suggestion.

Well, that's why they're a mATX case. My suggestion being that you get a new, mATX motherboard and reuse your ATX motherboard in your new build (or not). Just a suggestion.

Won't work. I'm using pretty old but still good parts. Processor is i7 980 & 1366 mobo. It won't fit in new sockets. Also I'm not trying to spend any more money on this than a smaller case to relocate. Will be spending my money on my new rig. 

NZXT H440. :P

System 1: Thermaltake Element Q - Thermaltake 220W SFX - Asus AT5IONT-I mini-ITX - Intel® Atom™ D525 onboard 1.8GHz Dual-Core HT - Integrated NVIDIA® ION™ - 2x 2GB Kingston DDR3 - Samsung 120GB 840 Series - Scythe Kama Rack 3.5 - Asus DVD-RW

System 2: Thermaltake Element Q - Thermaltake 220W SFX - Asus E2KM1I-DELUXE mini-ITX - AMD E2-2000 onboard 1.75GHz Dual-Core - Integrated AMD® Radeon HD 7340 - 2x 4GB Kingston DDR3 - Samsung 120GB 840 Series - Scythe Kama Rack 3.5 - Asus DVD-RW

Building: Bitfenix Prodigy Black - Corsair AX860i - Asus Maximus VII Impact - Corsair Hydro Series H100i - Intel® Core™ i7 4790K - Asus Matrix Platinum GTX 980 4GB - Corsair 16GB Dominator Platinum 2x 8GB DDR3 2400MHz CL10 - Samsung 1TB EVO 840 Series

NZXT S340 is a good choice on a budget. A Fractal Arc Midi R2 is up there with some of my favorites. A BitFenix Ronin is also a good choice. NZXT H440 - as half the people on this thread have told you - is a good case too.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

The coolermaster N-600 is nice for building although cable management isn't the best.

[insert stuffs here]

The arc midi R2 is a solid choice if you just want something that works well and has all the things you need and nothing you don't. The H440 is a popular choice because of its design and silence aspect to it.

I personally would suggest the silverstone RV/FT05, I have the raven and it's outstanding. Yes there are a couple of small issues to do with the cable management and PSU compatability if you have 3.5" drives, but it has the best air cooling in a case possible without going for a test bench, plus it will result in GPU sag being non existant, you'll even get easier access to the top I/O compared to a normal case, as it's at the top. And they're pretty small to boot.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

Nzxt h440

Fractal define r4 or arc midi

Main Rig:

-
CPU: i7-2600k @4.8 GHz - CPU cooler: bequiet! Dark Rock Pro Motherboard: ASUS P8P67 Deluxe GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB - HDD: Western Digital Green 1tb - PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 750W - Case: Fractal Design Arc Midi r2 -

Obsidian 250D Build Log

Wisdom: You don't live longer if you're always in a hurry

Won't work. I'm using pretty old but still good parts. Processor is i7 980 & 1366 mobo. It won't fit in new sockets. Also I'm not trying to spend any more money on this than a smaller case to relocate. Will be spending my money on my new rig. 

Fair enough, I was just thinking because sometimes people relocate "old" builds that are still reasonably new because they're repurposing it for media PC/spouse's/sibling's PC or something.

S340 is probably the one to go for if you're not looking to spend a ton of money, looks good, is a mid tower, is inexpensive but still has a good range of features.