[Redux] Experiences with "techies"

StarFire

People that think that faster ram is better for gaming just because it's faster. '2400Mhz ddr3 must perform a lot better than 1600Mhz ddr3 because it's clocked 50% faster!' Just no...

In some cases it outperforms it quite a bit

E.g. Pre rendering or rendering

In some cases it outperforms it quite a bit

E.g. Pre rendering or rendering

That's why I said for gaming :P

In gaming there's a 2% framerate difference going from ddr2 800 to ddr3 2133. So the difference from ddr3 1600 to ddr3 2400 is margin of error stuff.

You know what's easier than buying and building a brand new PC? Petty larceny!
If you're worried about getting caught, here's a trick: Only steal one part at a time. Plenty of people will call the cops because somebody stole their computer -- nobody calls the cops because they're "pretty sure the dirty-bathrobe guy from next door jacked my heat sink."

I remember this kid from my school who lived in the ghetto and claimed his iMac could play GTA5 when I asked him about the specs he was like "Im not sure its my dads". And this was before GTA 5 was even released on ANY platform.

wtf-im-confused-bro.jpg

PEWDIEPIE DONT CROSS THAT BRIDGE

That's why I said for gaming :P

In gaming there's a 2% framerate difference going from ddr2 800 to ddr3 2133. So the difference from ddr3 1600 to ddr3 2400 is margin of error stuff.

I didn't see the "for gaming", sorry

a kid in my class insisted that a razer laptop was the fastest because it had an intel proc and 8 gigs of ram...

And here I am drooling over the lenovo Z60... (those benches...)

One my friends is about to build a PC and he asked me for help on his cpu. I told him to get an i5 4690k and he said he'd rather get an i7. There's nothing I could do to convince him it was better to get an i5. Even though it's a gaming build and he wouldn't be using mulitithreading. He doesn't even know what type of i7 he's getting. Just "i7".

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

My friend bought a "Ultimate Gaming Laptop" Hue Hue from John Lewis for £400 with an A10-5750m (not a big deal) and then spent £170 on a Logitech G27 Set to play 

Trucking sim on Low, With a steering wheel, Gear Stick, Pedals.

he also couldnt get it to work on his Win 8.1

Then he wanted to try Ubuntu but as he set primary boot option from the Pen drive, he couldn't understand why it installed and formatted his data.

Then (ik this is long-er) he tried to persuade me to not use linux in my upcoming PC build because "It's full of xXxHaxxersxXx"

I3-4150 | Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | 8GB KINGSTON FURY RAM | MSI Z97-G43 | HYPERX FURY 120GB SSD SAPPHIRE HD7950 VAPOR-X | Phanteks Enthoo Pro M | EVGA 500W | Corsair SP120's w/ NZXT Fan Hub

Plans: I5-4690K || EVGA GS 650W | KINGSTON FURY 8GB RAM  PCPARTPICKER: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/

This one is about my gf...who happens to be a computer science graduate. Her knowledge about computers is awfully low to the point I question how she even go to computer since. Has no idea what RAM is...calls the computer as a whole the "CPU" and not case etc. Doesn't know to run an antivirus or malwarescan. I mean....she then claims to think she is a great programmer. Smh

Why does my Mac hard drive keep failing?

Becuase you don't have a scratch disk for your rendering....

Come on, you're a video editor....

Halfbreed