help! can't decide what ssd to get.

Deus Regum
Go to solution Solved by 79wjd,

okay then. down to the mx100/evo/sp900 with the others. 

which ones would have the best reliability/lifespan? let's say around 3-5years? 

im not going to fill the drive up. just with the windows/ games ( i play league/dota2). :))

All of them are very reliable; however as I only have experience with Crucial customer support, thats the one I'd recommend. I have a Crucial M4 that I bought over three years ago, that about a year ago had an issue. I emailed them, and without any arguing/testing/back&forth, they just offered to send me a new drive (either immediatley if I temporarily paid for the new drive, or in about a week after they received my drive).

In any event, I've been using that drive ever since with no issues; and I'm pretty sure the failure had to do with my shorting it out or something as it never really had any symptoms it simply failed shortly after I had removed and reinstalled it.

I'm going to replace my laptops hdd with an ssd. tho my budget only really allows for a 120/128gb one. it's okay for me cause i have lots of external HDD's.

So while going around the stores here. i have come down to:

Samsung 840 Evo 120gb

Crucial Mx100 128gb

Kingston Hyperx3k 120gb

Intel series 530 120gb

Corsair Force LS 120gb

Sandisk UltraPlus 128gb DT

Crucial M500 120gb

Adata XPG Sx900 120gb

or Adata Sp900 <---- its the cheapest drive but should i even consider it?

So out of these. which one would be the best? in terms of speed/performance. I just want to make my Laptop Snappier. :))
While i wait till i get my desktop. after that im going to transfer the ssd to my desktop. :))

Any help is appreciated. :)

Lo and Behold

sandisk extreme 2  faster than any other drives and is in that price range or sp 920 or sp900

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

mx100m, 840 evo, sp900, hyperx3k all are excellent choices. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

There's a big chance the laptop is SATA II, so it really doesn't matter, i would get the mx100, i have it and there's nothing wrong with it, also very cheap.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

I'd get either the crucial or the sandisk. The Samsung has a price premium that really isn't justifiable when the MX100 performs so closely but for significantly less.

Take Kingston 3k Just for the looks :D

lol. xD i wouldn't be able to see it cause it going to be inside a laptop/unwindowed case. xD. soo no thanks. and it actually cost more than those other options.

Lo and Behold

sandisk extreme 2  faster than any other drives and is in that price range or sp 920 or sp900

uhm. the sandisk extreme 2 is around 37$ more expensive here. way out of the budget. :<

Lo and Behold

I'd get either the crucial or the sandisk. The Samsung has a price premium that really isn't justifiable when the MX100 performs so closely but for significantly less.

There's a big chance the laptop is SATA II, so it really doesn't matter, i would get the mx100, i have it and there's nothing wrong with it, also very cheap.

The mx100 is the best value ssd imho. :)

mx100m, 840 evo, sp900, hyperx3k all are excellent choices. 

im not going to fill the drive up. just with the windows/ games ( i play league/dota2). :))

Lo and Behold

All of them are very reliable; however as I only have experience with Crucial customer support, thats the one I'd recommend. I have a Crucial M4 that I bought over three years ago, that about a year ago had an issue. I emailed them, and without any arguing/testing/back&forth, they just offered to send me a new drive (either immediatley if I temporarily paid for the new drive, or in about a week after they received my drive).

In any event, I've been using that drive ever since with no issues; and I'm pretty sure the failure had to do with my shorting it out or something as it never really had any symptoms it simply failed shortly after I had removed and reinstalled it.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Oh okay then. Thanks for the input and your time. :)

'Twas a lot of help. xD

Lo and Behold

Guys. I Got the Samsung 840 Evo. because it was the only 1 on stock. For the mx100 had to wait a month to get it. soo yeah. Thanks for the help. :))

Lo and Behold