Weird issues with Xonar Phoebus

R4STABAN

Issue 1: Audio popping and dropping in VLC player. -OR- no audio at all in VLC player - MP4 or MKV files

Issue 2: Audio in Borderlands 2 / TPS cutscenes quickly becoming out-of-sync with video AND audio popping when characters talk (Neither present outside cutscenes)

Issue 3: Audio popping and dropping on YT uploads of shadowplay recordings of BL TPS (See below) - This popping is not present in windows media player (no audio at all in VLC, quicktime player etc). Popping also wasn't present in-game.

Drivers are up to date (and firmware)

Questions:

-I can't find anything on the net about this in any detail, anyone else experienced it?

-What's a good external alternative to a bloody soundcard? Budget around £120-£150. Headphones = Senn HD650s.

Thanks

EDIT: Audio used to be fine in VLC player a few months back, before I had to reinstall windows. Not sure if newer driver or newer VLC broke it. Fail.

All issues resolved by taking the piece of shit asus product out of my PC and chucking it in the junk box.

Shouldn't have done that. It would make a nice hippy nerd's swag necklace....

All issues resolved by taking the piece of shit asus product out of my PC and chucking it in the junk box.

do your 650's work properly on onboard audio?

Reviews: JBL J33i   M50s   SRH440   Soundmagic PL50           

I definitely need an amp - looking for an amp/dac combo atm.

The dac on your motherboard is pretty good, so only an amp is needed. You could look at the Schiit Magni or the O2 (JDS Labs and Mayflower makes em in NA) or you could look at the Fiio E10K which should run em pretty good (dac + amp solution).

If you want a dac too, Audioengine D1, ODAC (JDS Labs and Mayflower in NA), Schiit Modi, or maybe o2 + odac desktop solution (JDS and Mayflower again).

Reviews: JBL J33i   M50s   SRH440   Soundmagic PL50