How hard it is to build a PC?

Recon97

On a scale of 1-10..... negative over 9000

You basically can't fuck up as long as you have eyes and hands.

I once had one of these, now I've got this.

How hard it is to build a PC for the first time?.

If you've played with Legos this is kinda the same thing. "Align the thing with the other thing and push" :P

Asrock 890GX Extreme 3 - AMD Phenom II X4 955 @3.50GHz - Arctic Cooling Freezer XTREME Rev.2 - 4GB Kingston HyperX - AMD Radeon HD7850 - Kingston V300 240GB - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - Chieftec APS-750 - Cooler Master HAF912 PLUS

osu! profile

How hard it is to build a PC for the first time?.

Pretty easy. unless you do everything with force, just watch youtube videos and follow

On a scale of 1-10..... negative over 9000

You basically can't fuck up as long as you have eyes and hands.

^that

If you've played with Legos this is kinda the same thing. "Align the thing with the other thing and push" :P

legos are harder,

It's easy to learn, but hard to master.

Especially cable management :P

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

The trickiest part would have to be inserting the CPU into the socket, applying thermal paste (properly) and mounting the cooler, which isn't hard to be honest.

It's more time consuming rather than hard/tricky, that is if you want to take your time, do cable managment, mount everything safely etc. But it's fun and feels really rewarding even after years of doing it. :D

There are two steps that you can't forget and if you force things to fit together and then power it on, it could lead to problems. Firstly, the motherboard standoff screws. You can't forget these. It's that simple. The other thing that can go wrong is if you bend a pin on the motherboard (if LGA) or CPU (if AMD). Other than that, it's next to impossible to screw it up, and those two problems just don't happen if you know to be careful when performing those steps. It's really easy.

It's not too difficult. The hard part is choosing parts that will be compatible with each other. Putting them together can be time-consuming if you do it for the first time, but as long as you're careful almost anyone can do it. Especially if you watch one of Linus' very useful build guides.

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.

Not really that hard, you just have to have patience (especially when putting a CPU in it's socket..). The only think that i found remotely hard (and it was still easier than let's say... math...) is connecting everything (like power and reset button with the motherboard)... But let's be hones, you have everything written on the Mobo, so you'd have to have doble digit IQ to fuck it up.....

Fear of static electricity?

tuch a tap, radiator, case, dont work on rug, dont wear fluffy stuff n all.

^

DAT.

Or if you are that concerned just get an anti static wristband, they are dirt cheap anyways,  I used mine quite a few times, even when servicing parts it's very useful.

Fear of static electricity?

Never had any... If something dies from static then i would just RMA it because no one can tell :D

CPU: AMD R7 5800x | GPU: XFX 5500XT 4GB | RAM: 2x8GB Kingston Fury Renegade 3600MHz CL16 | Cooling: Deepcool Gammaxx L360 | MB: Aorus B550 Elite V2 | Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 250gb & WD20EAZX | Case: Antec DF700

Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga 460: Intel 6200U | 8GB | 256GB SSD | Active pen

building a PC is really really easy...all you need is the knowledge of which parts go together and tons of patience...thats about it... have fun! :D 

Potatoes are the bacon of vegetables... nuff' said

MOBO: Asrock H67DE3, CPU: Intel Core i5 2400 @3.1GHz, GPU: Asus GTS 450 DirectCU Silent, Ram: 16gb 1333MHz, HDD: WD 1TB Green, PSU: 500 watt

Can you do lego?

wut da fuk is Lego? I started from computer.

Thanks guys for your posts here! Have fun!

May internet and computer be with you forever!