Mouse mats/pads: any recommendations?

TheMail

I have worn my Mionix Ensis 320 out really badly, and now I'm in the market for something new.

I personally detest cloth mousepads, so hard plastic or aluminium is preferred.

Also, on a related note: are there any websites that offer customization of plastic / aluminium mousepads? IE: like the websites who do the $1 mousepad thing where you can add a custom picture or whatever. Is there any website that does something similar for plastic / aluminium mousepads?

Thanks in advance :)

Oh, and I forgot to mention I will be ordering a Logitech G502 Proteus to go with it.

Detest cloth!?!?!?! How dare you.  :o

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

I currently have the Steelseries Rival with the Steelseries Qck+. I really like that combo. I just used the Logitech G502 Proteus at a event with the Logitech G240 Cloth mousepad. And I need to say that I liked that as well!

Doesn't Silverstone sell aluminium mousepads? or is that something you gotta order with a case :wacko: @WoodenMarker ask him, he created a nice looking mousemat with his username initials sowed into the mat.

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

I personally detest cloth mousepads, so hard plastic or aluminium is preferred.

Not sure what you're really looking for but I'm using the Razer Vespula, it got 2 sides made of plastic and has a soft wrist rest.

PC1 = i7 4790k  -  Asus Z97 Mark1  -  Corsair Dominator 32GB kit  -  Evga GTX 780Ti SC x2 SLI  -  SSD 512GB x2  -  12TB NAS  -  Carbide Air540  -  24" 120Hz x2 3D ready  -  Corsair K95 + M95
Custom Watercooling loop with low profile radiators / fans

PC2 = i7 4770k  -  Z97 Maximus VII Hero  -  16 GB kit  -  Evga GTX 980 SC ACX 2.0  -  Graphite 760T  -  24" VE248 x2  -  Corsair K70RGB + M90 

happy late birthday random person i don't know

@WoodenMarker ask him, he created a nice looking mousemat with his username initials sowed into the mat.

Not sure.

The mousepad I got was just a $1 printed mousepad. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Not sure.

The mousepad I got was just a $1 printed mousepad. 

But it's tha though that counts. 

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

Can't say I really enjoy how temperature sensitive my SteelSeries SX (which is aluminum, not steel..) is, but it tracks like a beast and has shown no signs of wear over several years of use (and like six different mice). That's probably why they discontinued it. :(

@TheMail

The best aluminum pad is no longer in production (Steelseries SX). Why do you hate cloth so much? Cloth offers the best control/comfort while playing. Plus, it's not cold like aluminum pads and it doesn't destroy your mouse feet like rough plastic pads.

In my opinion, cloth pads are superior in every way.

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8