US No longer a Democracy

Jerakl

you can call it what you want, but until their government grows some balls and does the right thing by its people on net neutrality and IP laws then I call it corrupt.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

you can call it what you want, but until their government grows some balls and does the right thing by its people on net neutrality and IP laws then I call it corrupt.

the us is government is horrible corrupt. only the riches views count. a similar study done before this one found that the views of the wealthiest people in america lined up with what laws and policy's were passed enacted enforce. tax cuts and what nots. and that the views of the average american had absoloutley no correlation to it what so ever.

Americans need to remove money from there political system as much as possible so that candidates are running on there ideals and not of who bribes them.

and for those saying that democracy is an unreachable ideal. you need an ideal to aim for to compare yourself against otherwise you have no aim no goal.

the us is government is horrible corrupt. only the riches views count. a similar study done before this one found that the views of the wealthiest people in america lined up with what laws and policy's were passed enacted enforce. tax cuts and what nots. and that the views of the average american had absoloutley no correlation to it what so ever.

Americans need to remove money from there political system as much as possible so that candidates are running on there ideals and not of who bribes them.

and for those saying that democracy is an unreachable ideal. you need an ideal to aim for to compare yourself against otherwise you have no aim no goal.

I can assure you, No rich person would be happy with the fairly large inheritance tax, or universal healthcare.

Remind me how any government/politician isn't corrupt. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

USA has been full of shit since the Government killed JFK.

Hello NSA

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

I can assure you, No rich person would be happy with the fairly large inheritance tax, or universal healthcare.

yes but they are happy with all the tax cuts the republicans are now renewing (which they didnt campaign on)

yes but they are happy with all the tax cuts the republicans are now renewing (which they didnt campaign on)

The ultra wealthy don't pay taxes. loopholes for the fucking win. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

So someone actually thought it was ever a Democracy? Maybe in the mockery sense of "Democracy coming your way!" memes about soldiers and such cause really, that shit started since the very beginning with the systematic genocide of Native Americans. Just saying, not a very democratic act.

-------

Current Rig

-------

The ultra wealthy don't pay taxes. loopholes for the fucking win. 

they dont even need all the loop holes when they go and get tax breaks. i mean most of your cable companies networks were built with tax payer dollars

OK guys, enough is enough, the bullshit you just wrote is beyond reasoning, but it's ok, your resident lawyer ( student ) is here to set you straight xD !

1. Every country on the world can be categorized multiple ways.

2. As a type of governance every country can be: a Monarchy or a Republic, and that is by looking at the head of the state, so to conclude the US is as Republic since the country leader is not a king, emperor, sultan, etc...

3. The other way you can look at it is: Unitary country and a Composed country, US is a composed country since it is a federal union of 50 states.

4. And finally we come to the Political regime, and here we have : Democracies and Autocracies ( Oligarchy is a sub-category ) . US is a Democracy, and here is why: The head of your country is chosen by the people by votes, using indirect democracy.

This is the simple version of a huge topic, that is not really made to be discussed on a tech forum, Every country today can be a part of multiple categories, but every country has a primary group it fits in.

The reason the US is not a real oligarchy is because every adult citizen is allowed to vote, and you can vote for every adult that runs for a position of president.

This is fact, and it has nothing to do with political views, it is that simple, what you are mixing is a countries classification with the politics that people in charge are using.

The US is a Democracy bit it has other attributes, and the rule of a few powerful is also one of them.

Oh and before you start calling a system stupid @connorpiper,

do a bit of research, because not a lot of countries have Indirect Democracies and they work just fine without it

But... for our country, (If it was a Direct Democracy) we would have outlawed homosexuality, made a national religion, and a race.

America would be doomed. 

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

Oh there is always certain level of corruption one comes to expect from politicians, however with the two particular issues I listed, the US government seems to have not only crossed that line, but tried to make it look like there was never a line there in the first place.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Oh there is always certain level of corruption one comes to expect from politicians, however with the two particular issues I listed, the US government seems to have not only crossed that line, but tried to make it look like there was never a line there in the first place.

Inheritance tax is outright immoral.

What we need is universal term limits, and seat limits. 1 elected seat then you are OUT. No more career politics. You are out, done, gone. You can't campaign for people, you can't move somewhere and run for a different seat, you are DONE. Along with that we need to make all of their financial information public knowledge, outlaw political donations over a certain amount, and put a limit on campaign funding (under 100k). Also, outlaw parties all together, you run on your own 2 fucking feet, end of story.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Inheritance tax is outright immoral.

What we need is universal term limits, and seat limits. 1 elected seat then you are OUT. No more career politics. You are out, done, gone. You can't campaign for people, you can't move somewhere and run for a different seat, you are DONE. Along with that we need to make all of their financial information public knowledge, outlaw political donations over a certain amount, and put a limit on campaign funding (under 100k). Also, outlaw parties all together, you run on your own 2 fucking feet, end of story.

I had this discussion the other day, if everyone in the government was an independent the government would never get anything done.  As much as it is a flawed democratic model (because the party represents itself not the people) it sill works better than 200 chiefs and no Indians. 

I say leave the system the way it is, but as you say, make the financials open to the public for auditing at anytime they want by whoever they want. Also make it so any politician who is found guilty of a financial crime of any nature lose their rights to all pension packages and income resultant from their time in office.  You could also introduce a clause that automatically undid any law associated with said financial crime.  SO if a senator is found taking brides for a vote on net neutrality, then that law is automatically overturned, until the government as a whole can re-evaluate it.  Also might be good to block the bribing entity from having any form of say be it written submissions or campaigning support for said ruling.

I had this discussion the other day, if everyone in the government was an independent the government would never get anything done.  As much as it is a flawed democratic model (because the party represents itself not the people) it sill works better than 200 chiefs and no Indians. 

I say leave the system the way it is, but as you say, make the financials open to the public for auditing at anytime they want by whoever they want. Also make it so any politician who is found guilty of a financial crime of any nature lose their rights to all pension packages and income resultant from their time in office.  You could also introduce a clause that automatically undid any law associated with said financial crime.  SO if a senator is found taking brides for a vote on net neutrality, then that law is automatically overturned, until the government as a whole can re-evaluate it.  Also might be good to block the bribing entity from having any form of say be it written submissions or campaigning support for said ruling.

I'd also include that we need some law requiring them to lose their position if charged with a crime, regardless of actual innocence/guilt.

We need to change things to make it harder for them to get away with shit, and make them not even want to try.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

That's been the plan for about 40 years they have shaped this country to be that way, why do you think they re drew the map for gerrymandering because the American eletric is changing the W.A.S.P will no longer be the majority in 15 more years so they have to do what they can to ensure survival.

But... for our country, (If it was a Direct Democracy) we would have outlawed homosexuality, made a national religion, and a race.

America would be doomed. 

Yes, i am sry i didn't translate this well, what i was referring to is direct and indirect and direct elections, a different thing, Yes Direct Democracy today does not work in modern counties, because it is impossible to work, too many people... Any country would be doomed.

But not for the reasons you stated, the problem would that nothing would ever be done if for every law to pass, you would have to vote for it, that only works in small communities, that is why today it works in Switzerland, and the Citizens can even call a federal referendum to challenge laws.

System

CPU: i7 4770kMotherboard: Asus Maximus VI HeroRAM: HyperX KHX318C9SRK4/32 - 32GB DDR3-1866 CL9 / GPU: Gainward Geforce GTX 670 Phantom Case: Cooler Master HAF XBStorage: 1 TB WD BluePSU: Cooler Master V-650sDisplay(s): Dell U2312HM, LG194WT, LG E1941

Cooling: Noctua NH-D15Keyboard: Logitech G710+Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus SpectrumSound: Focusrite 2i4 - USB DAC / OS: Windows 7 (still holding on XD)