PS3 vs xbox 360

NicekillBG

.... is there any graphics difference?

I didn't know what to put here...

xbox vs ps?

P-C

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

What is this? 2008?

Old shit no one cares about but me.

im really on a budget but yeah pc for life

to be honest the price performance of a ps3 is real good. especially second hand :P

cross platform games usually xbox 360 will look better, but if it's a playstation exclusive it looks better. 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

XBOX360, only for the exclusives. Maybe PS3 For performance and LBP or GT5.

But as always: 

wscLiCX.png

Interested in Business and Technology

On its own, PS3 has better graphics, But I've heard that xbox 360 can look better with a 50gb HDD download(don't quote me on this)

CPU: Intel Core i7 2600k | Mootherboard: ASUS P8z68v-Pro | GPU: EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | RAM: Kingston HyperX Genesis 8GB (4GBx2) 1600mhz | PSU: Corsair AX760 | STORAGE: Samsung 840 Pro 512GB | COOLER: Noctua NH-C14 | CASE: Fractal Design Define R4 Pearl Black | Operating SystemWindows 7 Professional 64-bit |

.... is there any graphics difference?

Graphics wise PS3 is better. I would probably personally get a 360 just because I used to love halo multiplayer.

Freaking custom games on forge ftw.

But I think that is mostly dead.

PS3

And not having to pay $60 yearly is a nice plus.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

tell me the budget, I'll throw your way a build that owns a ps3.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Objectively the PS3 had better hardware, but its exotic architecture meant that it often got horrendously bad ports making the 360 better for a lot of cross-platform games.

Personally PS3 because I prefer the Playstation controller and I love the Ratchet and Clank games.

tell me the budget, I'll throw your way a build that owns a ps3.

i want to play with a friend whio has ps3 and i dont have to pay money for that(an account) 

and I love the Ratchet and Clank games.

Literally the only thing my PS3 is used for these days 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

PS3 destroys the Xbox 360.

The CPU is much better, and it has a off the shelf GPU. 

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

i want to play with a friend whio has ps3 and i dont have to pay money for that(an account) 

Oh, ok. Why ask which is better then?  :huh:

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

PS3 destroys the Xbox 360.

The CPU is much better, and it has a off the shelf GPU. 

What? Go and buy an RSX gpu then. The CPUs aren't really that comparable since the archetecture is so different, its more like how the devs used it (which isn't that well in most cases).

What? Go and buy an RSX gpu then. The CPUs aren't really that comparable since the archetecture is so different, its more like how the devs used it (which isn't that well in most cases).

But, the Xbox used a PowerPC 3 core CPU. So in most cases the PS3 will win, and its GPU is better. 

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

But, the Xbox used a PowerPC 3 core CPU. So in most cases the PS3 will win, and its GPU is better. 

The PS3's CPU is also powerPC. Just comparing cores means nothing. The PS3's cpu has more cores, but none of them except one can access RAM, which makes it difficult to program for. Typically the 360 was easier to program because of this, which made the games run better.

Also the GPU in the 360 is faster than the PS3's. A lot of times in PS3 game that look better than 360 games, the CPU is (supposedly) aiding the GPU make the graphics better.

Overall, it comes down to if the devs knew how to program that CPU decently.

In regards to first party games the ps3 in regards to graphics beats the 360. The hardware is much more powerful than that of its 360 counterpart. When looking at which first party games are better that is a matter of personal; preference. I own both ps3 and 360 and I preferred the first party titles of the 360. Halo and Forza are my main franchises in the console market and while i did love MGS4 it didn't pull me in and keep me interested like Halo did. LBP, Uncharted, and Killzone didn't really get my attention either. I played of not owned those games and they just were for me. 

Now in regards to multiplats then that's where it get's a little bit interesting. Despite the ps3 having the more powerful innards the 360 kept up or surpassed the ps3 in terms of quality fairly regularly. Remember that the ps3 had the cell based architecture that made developing for it a nightmare. While that meant that games made specifically for the ps3 like uncharted or mgs looked amazing, games developed for 360 and pc suffered. It was much easier to develop for the 360 and pc so developers regularly focused on those platforms and didn't take advantage of the increased hardware specs of the ps3 compared to the 360. 

Oh, ok. Why ask which is better then?  :huh:

because my sister's boyfriend gave me his xbox 360 and the graphics were shit

okay, so here is the quesioner. The more answer you get for a console choose that

Which is owned mostly by your friends?

Do you prefer the xbox or PS controller?

Which consoles exclusives you like better?

Can you borrow games from friends for a console?

If you have an answer then there you go

You should not decide each console about its hardware, because if you would care about HW that much, you would buy a PC...

because my sister's boyfriend gave me his xbox 360 and the graphics were shit

well, don't expect the os3 to be MUCH better, it's just a small improvement :P

sudo chmod -R 000 /*