But Why - Metro2033

Guest Philosophy

Whenever I try to start up Metro2033 I get an error message. 

Pyq9fsK.png

I remember having that problem. I fixed it somehow, I will look for a fix

Btw: AMD card?

in steam right click the game, go to propertys>local files>verify integrity of game files

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Yes sir, R9 290. 

He has a 290x

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

He has a 290x

290 currently, my 290x is in my Workstaion currently I swaped em out. 

Yes sir, R9 290. 

Go into the files of Metro 2033 example: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\metro 2033\ and search for the PhysX installer. Try that

Go into the files of Metro 2033 example: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\metro 2033\ and search for the PhysX installer. Try that

Nothing, found. 

Nothing, found. 

Hmmmm sec

D:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Metro 2033\install for me. There is a file PhysX_10.02.22_9.10.0222_SystemSoftware. Run that

in steam right click the game, go to propertys>local files>verify integrity of game files

One file failed to validate. 

One file failed to validate. 

good, let steam download the file and try running it again. if you get the error again restart your computer and try running the game again

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

290 currently, my 290x is in my Workstaion currently I swaped em out. 

Your Sig is lying to me!

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Your Sig is lying to me!

Yes it is. My 980 is not in either. It changes so often xD I do not bother to update my sig. I buy one of every new high end graphics card.. I swap out a lot. depending on what other family members want. 

good, let steam download the file and try running it again. if you get the error again restart your computer and try running the game again

restarted and it dod not wort.EDIT: sorry I am on my phone hard to type. 

D:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Metro 2033\install

There is a file PhysX_10.02.22_9.10.0222_SystemSoftware

PhysX_10.02.22_9.xxxxxx for example.

Yes it is. My 980 is not in either. It changes so often xD I do not bother to update my sig. I buy one of every new high end graphics card.. I swap out a lot. depending on what other family members want. 

If you don't want to update it just take it out or say "variable GPU".

restarted and it dod not wort.EDIT: sorry I am on my phone hard to type. 

Its because the installer didnt install physx even if you have an ATI card you need it installed. 

If an rr doesnt work then go into the game files C:\programefiles \THQ and you should be able to find a physx setup/installer in the metro2033 folder somewhere. 

from a steam forum^^

Its because the installer didnt install physx even if you have an ATI card you need it installed. 

If an rr doesnt work then go into the game files C:\programefiles \THQ and you should be able to find a physx setup/installer in the metro2033 folder somewhere. 

from a steam forum^^

I oped from folder view and not from steam and it worked xD

Your mistake was going AMD.  Nvidia ... play games the way they were meant to be played.

OP I wonder if I ever advised you to go Nvidia and you ignored me.  Just curious.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

Your mistake was going AMD.  Nvidia ... play games the way they were meant to be played.

OP I wonder if I ever advised you to go Nvidia and you ignored me.  Just curious.

No, I have nvidia also, I have a 780 and an 980. Just are not using them currently xD

Your mistake was going AMD. Nvidia ... play games the way they were meant to be played.

OP I wonder if I ever advised you to go Nvidia and you ignored me. Just curious.

Fanboy detected :P

Fanboy detected :P

If AMD releases something in a video card that is equal to PhysX then I will be on board.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

You need to install the latest PhysX system Software from Nvidia.

i7 5930k . 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666 DDR4 . Gigabyte GA-X99-Gaming G1-WIFI . Zotac GeForce GTX 980 AMP! 4GB SLi . Crucial M550 1TB SSD . LG BD . Fractal Design Define R2 Black Pearl . SuperFlower Leadex Gold 750w . BenQ GW2765HT 2560x1440 . CM Storm QF TK MX Blue . SteelSeries Rival 
i5 2500k/ EVGA Z68SLi/ FX 8320/ Phenom II B55 x4/ MSI 790FX-GD70/ G.skill Ripjaws X 1600 8GB kit/ Geil Black Dragon 1600 4GB kit/ Sapphire Ref R9 290/ XFX DD GHOST 7770