[Kotaku] The Witcher 3 Will Have 16 Pieces Of DLC (But They're All Free)

WolfDeville

y4bcrbrurgokq9uujj0w.jpg

Development studio CD Projekt Red, who are trying their very hardest to be the anti-Ubisoft, announced today that their upcoming role-playing game The Witcher 3 will have a whopping 16 pieces of downloadable content. All for free.

In a cheeky blog post this morning, the folks behind The Witcher proclaimed that the downloadable content—which even includes horse armor—will be available free on every platform (PC/PS4/Xbox One), no matter what, whether you pre-order the game or buy it later. They'll release DLC bundles every week after the game launches on February 24, 2015. Packs will include quests, alternative costumes, and beard sets.

Source

These guys are freakin' awesome, definitely deserve my money.

Repost?

My PC

[ I5 4690k (no oc) - Gigabyte Z97 D3H - 8GB Ram - Sapphire R9 280X Vapor-X ]

I like it.. But it's only a taunt. One could still argue that simple stuff like that should still have been included in the game. If it is just a go at other developers don't proclaim that it's a feature.

Still like it though and I'm really looking forward to playing it. On the PC. Like a boss should.

Could you link to the blog post directly? Kotaku doesn't deserve my ad revenue.

Everything said by me is my humble opinion and nothing more, unless otherwise stated.

http://en.cdprojektred.com/news/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-16-free-dlcs-for-everyone-2/

For additional details about the 16 FREE DLC program, please refer to the below Q&A
Q: What do I have to do to receive the 16 free DLCs?
A: The only thing you need to do to receive the 16 DLCs is purchase The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. All of the DLCs will be available for free on every platform (i.e. Xbox One, PC, and PlayStation 4).
Q: Do I have to pre-order to get the free DLCs?
A: No, each piece of content will be available for download regardless of you buying the game before or after launch on February 24th, 2015.
Q: I have the standard version of the game (i.e. not the Collector’s Edition). Do I still get the free DLCs?
A: Yes. You get the 16 DLCs regardless of the version of the game you bought (i.e. standard or Collector’s, digital or physical).
Q: What’s the plan? When can I expect the DLCs to be released?
A: The plan is to release a new DLC bundle (each bundle contains two DLCs) on a weekly basis, following the game’s launch February 24th, 2015. The first DLC bundle will be released the next day on February 25th. The next bundle will be available for download a week after that, on March 4th, the next on March 11th, and so on. The first bundle will contain the Temerian Armor Set and a Beard and Hairstyle Set for Geralt. The second bundle will contain an additional quest and an alternative look for one of the game’s main characters — Yennefer of Vengerberg.

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

Please let's find a source other than Kotaku: They deserve 0 motherfucking views after what they pulled and continue to defend.

What did they do? I don't follow gamzr news

What did they do? I don't follow gamzr news

GamerGate is the name given to a series of scandals in the gaming industry that erupted in August 2014. Unethical behavior by the gaming press and game developers was exposed. This included (but was not limited to):

– Financial ties between devs and games writers

– Gaming press members promoting the games of people they had personal and financial relationships with

– Harassment of perceived opponents (including DDoS attacks)

– Widespread censorship and a refusal to discuss the issue

The response from the gaming press was to first attempt to suppress the information, then to attack gamers as “misogynists”, “racists” and even “terrorists”.

http://gamergate.giz.moe/about/

-------

Current Rig

-------

I like it.. But it's only a taunt. One could still argue that simple stuff like that should still have been included in the game. If it is just a go at other developers don't proclaim that it's a feature.

Still like it though and I'm really looking forward to playing it. On the PC. Like a boss should.

What you've said is absolute garbage. No announcements that I know of talked about horse armor or beards (lol). It's additional content developed Rockstar Games style, post release. Witcher has never included visual customization because it tells a specific story, and I don't expect it. You're mistaking CoD having zombies paywalled post-release which historically was a standard feature. It's also a kick in the butt of other developers for making on-disc DLCs and cutting half of the content out of release in favor of making the game twice as expensive.

I rather have devs spend more effort fixing bugs prior to release of the game than work on horse armour.

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

What you've said is absolute garbage. No announcements that I know of talked about horse armor or beards (lol). It's additional content developed Rockstar Games style, post release. Witcher has never included visual customization because it tells a specific story, and I don't expect it. You're mistaking CoD having zombies paywalled post-release which historically was a standard feature. It's also a kick in the butt of other developers for making on-disc DLCs and cutting half of the content out of release in favor of making the game twice as expensive.

Well yes, they announced the horse armor themself, on their website. So go easy on the "absolute garbage"... You can refer to the other thread. There's the quote about the armor and the link to the post on CD Projeckt website.

Well yes, they announced the horse armor themself, on their website. So go easy on the "absolute garbage"... You can refer to the other thread. There's the quote about the armor and the link to the post on CD Projeckt website.

They announced that horse armor is part of one of the DLCs in the article about DLCs, it's never been mentioned before... http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=witcher+3+horse+armor

People have very strange set of expectations these days, where they're happy to shell out 5x$15 on weapon re-skins and a new exciting map to compliment the set of 5 you got with the game while free DLC (which may I remind you stands for Downloadable not Purchasable Content) is considered bad. Sure they ride on Ubisoft hate train, but at least they use proper terminology.

Are you're quoting the right guy?

Are you're quoting the right guy?

Let me see...

Yes I do.

So if the DLC is being released in bundles of 2 starting the day after the game launches, why is the DLC not included with the game? This smells more like marketing than any actual free content.

So if the DLC is being released in bundles of 2 starting the day after the game launches, why is the DLC not included with the game? This smells more like marketing than any actual free content.

Yup, plus there are 12 more DLC that you have to pay for. 

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

Yay this is how day one dlc should be done

IntelCorei54670k,Maximus VI Formula,Swift tech H220, 16gigs Corsair Dominator platinums, Asus DCUII GTX 780,1x256 840 evo, 1x 2TB Segate barracuda, Corsair AX 860, 

3 X Noctua NF-F12, 2x Noctua NF A-14, Ducky Shine 3 Blue Leds Blue switches, Razer Death Adder 2012, Corsair vengence 1400