So 240m is more reliable than 100i right?

Yes.  Absolutely.  The H100i has a really bad problem with mounting and is not guaranteed to work for you out of the box without modifications.  It also has a very noisy pump, and buggy software.  I don't recommend the H100i because it has so many problems.

I personally have the Seidon 240M which I love.  I bought it for only $56 brand new on Newegg 6 months ago, and I am crazy about it.  Since then, it has gone up in price because people saw how good and cheap it is, so it is up to ~$75 now, still not a bad price.  The pump is silent, I never hear it, and the stock fans are incredibly powerful(3.9mm/H20), albeit loud at high RPMs, but it performs so well at medium RPMs that I never need to push it higher than 1400rpm.

I have an NZXT AIO, the X31 and that is made by Asetek, which is the same company that makes the Corsair AIOs.  Judging from how loud my X31 is, the H100i made by the same company is probably just as loud. The included fans also arent as good.  They are rounded fans, when they should be square because of the static pressure it creates.

I expect the Nepton 240M to be even better than the Seidon in all areas.  I just wish I could buy those Silencio fans.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

Ok, I'm lost.. Whats the difference between this and the 240L? Thickness? Successor? Performance?

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May

Was "Fantastic" supposed to be a pun?
I thought it was pretty funny.

Gaming PCs:
Intel i7 4790k, EVGA GTX 980ti, NZXT H440
Intel i5 7600k, Asus GTX 970 DC Mini, Silverstone SG13B
HTPC: AMD Phenom II X6 1045t, EVGA GTX 770 FTW, Fractal Node 604

Ok, I'm lost.. Whats the difference between this and the 240L? Thickness? Successor? Performance?

I think you mean the 280L, which is a dual-140mm cooler. This one is a dual-120mm cooler. I think this one is less a replacement of successor to that and more an up grade to the Seidon 240M.

will it fit in a thermaltake commander?

According to the specs for that case it has a top exhaust that takes dual 120mm fans so... Maybe? You need to find out what clearance there is above the motherboard.

I think you mean the 280L, which is a dual-140mm cooler. This one is a dual-120mm cooler. I think this one is less a replacement of successor to that and more an up grade to the Seidon 240M.

According to the specs for that case it has a top exhaust that takes dual 120mm fans so... Maybe? You need to find out what clearance there is above the motherboard.

would you recommend me one for my case? should i change my case?

Gotta say still getting a little annoyed that I can't buy this cooler... I actively want to purchase this thing, I'm waiting for it to come out. But I can't find information about when that will be. The best I can find is 'some time in November' if I lived in Europe which is only a hint of if/when it might come to the US.

I'm running the stock Intel cooler! It's so loud! Give me better cooler!

Psst...

Cooler Master USA representing! Looking for help? Head to the CM Fanzone to get in touch with the Customer Support team!

The fans seem pretty good actually. 

If only they sold them separately... (Being quoted by CM in 3... 2... 1...)

If only they sold them separately... (Being quoted by CM in 3... 2... 1...)

I second this. I just bought a new desktop off of someone but I would like 2 or three of these. They would be an improvement from the stock fan in my H55 and get rid of the stupid red led intake. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

I've just bought one of these for an H440. What would be the best way to mount it in this case? There seems to be lots of conflicting advice. I will have x3 120mm fans up front as intake, and a 140mm exhaust in the back. But which way to arrange the Nepton I don't know... fans on top, fans on bottom, intake or exhaust? Any advice? This case is a tricky one to get the cooling right with apparently.

System: Ryzen 7 5800X - Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master - Noctua D15S Chromax - 32GB 3600 RAM - EVGA Black 2080Ti

Hi Linus

I want to do a build in the Fractal Node 804 with the Nepton 240m in the back thermal zone and I was just wondering how long the tubes were

Thanks

I've just bought one of these for an H440. What would be the best way to mount it in this case? There seems to be lots of conflicting advice. I will have x3 120mm fans up front as intake, and a 140mm exhaust in the back. But which way to arrange the Nepton I don't know... fans on top, fans on bottom, intake or exhaust? Any advice? This case is a tricky one to get the cooling right with apparently.

I recommend going intake with fans on top.  Reason is, #1 you will be pulling in air that is outside the case which should be colder than inside.  #2 If you set all of your fans to intake except the rear 140mm, you will have positive air pressure which will result in less dust buildup inside the case.  Over time though the radiator itself will probably get dusty.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

I recommend going intake with fans on top.  Reason is, #1 you will be pulling in air that is outside the case which should be colder than inside.  #2 If you set all of your fans to intake except the rear 140mm, you will have positive air pressure which will result in less dust buildup inside the case.  Over time though the radiator itself will probably get dusty.

Thanks. The dust thing was my concern if I had the fans on top, given the lack of filters on the top of this case. I'm guessing the dust would accumulate in-between the rad and fans (as Linus showed in one of his videos)? If the fans were on the bottom (still intake), would that help? Or would this be to the detriment of cooling? Unless there's some kind of filter solution that could be incorporated in to the top of the case somehow? I do tend to get a fair bit of dust in my room, so it is a concern.

System: Ryzen 7 5800X - Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master - Noctua D15S Chromax - 32GB 3600 RAM - EVGA Black 2080Ti

Thanks. The dust thing was my concern if I had the fans on top, given the lack of filters on the top of this case. I'm guessing the dust would accumulate in-between the rad and fans (as Linus showed in one of his videos)? If the fans were on the bottom (still intake), would that help? Or would this be to the detriment of cooling? Unless there's some kind of filter solution that could be incorporated in to the top of the case somehow? I do tend to get a fair bit of dust in my room, so it is a concern.

You could do the with the fans on the bottom  sucking in air, the temperatures might not be as good, but it should be very similar.  1-2C difference maybe.  I have heard pantyhoes work well as a filter?

• 1 month later...

I would suggest an industrial outdoor rated fan have been used for the radiators rather than pc components never meant to be out in the weather.  Also, using pex pipes inside might have made it easier to DIY as you wouldn't have needed to solder and also easier to dry fit as it has more flex (plus cheaper).

So I haven't started overclocking yet (working on some other system stuff first) but here's what I can share as a first time AIO water-cooler installer.

Firstly, the fans are really nice. At some point I still plan on going fully custom and water cooling my graphics cards as well, and when I do I'd love to use some of these fans. They have a nice sturdy feel to them and they're pretty quiet. They can get loud when my system is under load, but I haven't tinkered with fan curves on them and my core temperatures have been staying quite low, usually in the 40's or so even when under load.

Installation was a bit of a challenge for a first-timer. I've installed things like the Noctua NH-U14S but this took a bit more doing. For a start, the directions do leave something to be desired. Luckily they had JayzTwoCents do an installation guide, which I found to be extremely helpful. Though it's in three parts on YouTube, wish it had been one long video.

I actually had to install the radiator twice because, in my struggles, I managed to install one of the fans pointing in and the other pointing out. Clever-cloggs that I am. Installing the second time was drastically easier as I finally listened to my much wiser girlfriend and turned my case on it's side.

One other complaint I have is that the pump isn't as quiet as people seem to think. Possibly this is my bad luck, but mine is far from silent when you're a meter away from the case. More than just the simple hum of the pump (which I can hear but is quite low) it almost sounds like there are air bubbles inside. I tried shifting it around to see if they'd go out but no luck, and given how much that part of the unit was tipped every which way during radiator installation I can't imagine there is still air in there. But there's a very faint knocking/rattling noise that can be heard coming from it.

Anyway, acoustics and my lack of experience installing this sort of stuff aside it does work quite well and keeps my system quite cool. I'll need to play more with the fan profiles and I need to overclock, but so far so good, right?

Puha.. Everytime I see these AIO coolers, it makes me wanna buy them even more, but then again I dont really feel like using every single dollar I have, when getting the computer.

CPU: i7 5820k @4.5Ghz | Mobo: MSI X99A SLI Plus | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 Quad Channel | GPU: GTX 970 @ 1579 Mhz | Case: Cooler Master HAF 922 | OS: Windows 10

Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB | PSU: Corsair TX750 | Display: Samsung SyncMaster 2233 & SyncMaster SA350 | Cooling: Cooler Master Seidon 120M

Keyboard: Razer Lycosa | Mouse: Steelseries Kana | Sound: Steelseries Siberia V2

Puha.. Everytime I see these AIO coolers, it makes me wanna buy them even more, but then again I dont really feel like using every single dollar I have, when getting the computer.

Pro tip: Get more dollars. :D

Yeah, I'm not sure I'd call this the best bang for your buck. A number of air coolers are cheaper, and quieter in some instances. You don't have to spend a lot to go up from Intel's default cooler.

Pro tip: Get more dollars. :D

Yeah, I'm not sure I'd call this the best bang for your buck. A number of air coolers are cheaper, and quieter in some instances. You don't have to spend a lot to go up from Intel's default cooler.

Its not alot of money, but im that kinda guy who is like ''Buying something to upgrade it down the road, is retarded and waste of money'', yet I hate spending it sometimes on the perfect product, ONLY when its not my car.

CPU: i7 5820k @4.5Ghz | Mobo: MSI X99A SLI Plus | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 Quad Channel | GPU: GTX 970 @ 1579 Mhz | Case: Cooler Master HAF 922 | OS: Windows 10

Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB | PSU: Corsair TX750 | Display: Samsung SyncMaster 2233 & SyncMaster SA350 | Cooling: Cooler Master Seidon 120M

Keyboard: Razer Lycosa | Mouse: Steelseries Kana | Sound: Steelseries Siberia V2

Buying something to upgrade it down the road, is retarded and waste of money.

So... Your first computer is the one you still have, right? Never been upgraded? Never plan to? :P

Building PC's is all about planning your upgrade path. Sometimes it's for longevity, sometimes your plan is to test stability before you make further more expensive upgrades.