So... Your first computer is the one you still have, right? Never been upgraded? Never plan to? :P

Building PC's is all about planning your upgrade path. Sometimes it's for longevity, sometimes your plan is to test stability before you make further more expensive upgrades. 

Its not my first one, but it is the first custom one. I do not mind upgrading, but if its something thats going to last a very short time, its just a waste imo.

CPU: i7 5820k @4.5Ghz | Mobo: MSI X99A SLI Plus | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 Quad Channel | GPU: GTX 970 @ 1579 Mhz | Case: Cooler Master HAF 922 | OS: Windows 10

Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB | PSU: Corsair TX750 | Display: Samsung SyncMaster 2233 & SyncMaster SA350 | Cooling: Cooler Master Seidon 120M

Keyboard: Razer Lycosa | Mouse: Steelseries Kana | Sound: Steelseries Siberia V2

Cooler Master keeps telling us that their Nepton 240M is going to blow us away thanks to its pump, waterblock, and... and its included fans? Whaaaa? Let's see if the numbers back that up...

will this fit in a thermaltake commander?

Hi Linus

I want to do a build in the Fractal Node 804 with the Nepton 240m in the back thermal zone and I was just wondering how long the tubes were

Thanks

according to a post i saw on the newegg page the 240m tubing should be about a foot long, if that helps you out at all. 

according to a post i saw on the newegg page the 240m tubing should be about a foot long, if that helps you out at all. 

One thing to consider is there's very little actual flex in the tubing, makes installing a bit more difficult.

One thing to consider is there's very little actual flex in the tubing, makes installing a bit more difficult.

i was wondering about that. i was planning on getting one (if i could in aus) to throw into the bottom of a define r5. not sure if it'll reach so hopefully i can find some info on that before hand. a foot should be long enough, just depends if the tubing is too hard to get around everything for a clean line. 

i was wondering about that. i was planning on getting one (if i could in aus) to throw into the bottom of a define r5. not sure if it'll reach so hopefully i can find some info on that before hand. a foot should be long enough, just depends if the tubing is too hard to get around everything for a clean line. 

My last case was an R4, I wouldn't expect it to fit well if you were running the lines from the CPU all the way down to the bottom vents. Also, from what I understand it's usually a bad idea to put the pump higher than the reservoir in your loops, in this case that would be all the tubing and radiators. If you do any air in the loop is going to end up in the pump, aside from the noise it could actually damage the pump as well.

Besides, the R5 still as the dual vents along the top and you could easily install the cooler there.

My last case was an R4, I wouldn't expect it to fit well if you were running the lines from the CPU all the way down to the bottom vents. Also, from what I understand it's usually a bad idea to put the pump higher than the reservoir in your loops, in this case that would be all the tubing and radiators. If you do any air in the loop is going to end up in the pump, aside from the noise it could actually damage the pump as well.

Besides, the R5 still as the dual vents along the top and you could easily install the cooler there.

damn was hoping it wouldnt cause problems at the bottom...only reason i dont want to install it in the top is i want to keep the vent covers on, keep it as silent as possible. from what i hear from reviews that once theyre off a lot of the sound suppression is lost. im hoping to have it be whisper quiet. or as close to that as possible. theres also front mounting it but then there isnt really and fresh air coming in from there. will have to look into this more. anyway cant distract from the topic too much. 

240m looks like a good cooler to me and the price is competitive. coolermaster are doing well with it

5 GHz on an E5200/E5300 socket 775 cpu with this thing?

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

• 8 months later...

Just wanted to share my experience with this cooler. I bought it new at Microcenter a store here in Dallas. It worked awesomely with my OC FX-6200 clocked at 4.7ghz. Temps never got over 50c even running Prime95 for hours.

Then yesterday, 31 days after purchase and install, the pump just died. I put in for an RMA but I'm sure they will deny it on the basis that they put a HUGE white sticker on the pump wire that voids warranty if removed. I'm an OCD about the look of my computer and it is full of LED's and looks awesome through my see through panel. Well this big white sticker ruined it so I took it off. I put faith in the product that it would last a while, that's my excuse. I know it's my fault I took it off. But for a product to only work for a month before dying isn't a very faith inducing situation. My previous water cooler worked for 3 years with 0 issues. I will be going back to Corsair.

wasn't this the same cooler that kyle from newegg had that leaked & destroyed his 6 core cpu & mobo?

Details separate people.

wasn't this the same cooler that kyle from newegg had that leaked & destroyed his 6 core cpu & mobo?

No, that was a fractal one

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!