BendGate, finding all 332 of the 9 bent iPhones.

connorpiper

BendGate seems to have died a bit, mostly after Apple claimed "Only 9 were affected".

A blog has appeared with more than 300 pictures of bent iPhones. (May not all be real, but there is a overwhelming amount)

They claim to 

We aim to find all 9 of them.... Any maybe more.

Post if you have 1 of the nine

post-11076-0-28505200-1415145877_thumb.j

I am not saying Apple is bad. But after my Z1S surviving internal water for 2 days. I guess the iPhone 6 should survive a pocket.

There are also pictures of bent phones in bent cases.

Users claim that "It's too thin, I am more afraid of dropping it"

I am not attacking apple, it's just a thing. I really thought that this was over. 

OneoftheNine Blog site: http://www.oneofthenine.com/

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

The Iphone 4/s has this problem too, it's not just the 6/s, my little brother's 4s is bent granted not as bad as what the 6's are but it's still noticeable.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

The Iphone 4/s has this problem too, it's not just the 6/s, my little brother's 4s is bent granted not as bad as what the 6's are but it's still noticeable.

That thing is like really thick and strong compared to the 6. I don't know if that's really a thing. Only like 3 cases. 

Well, I know two people at my school with a 6+.. Both their first phones.. Well one is their first smartphone (she already smashed the screen on it), and another is his first phone. (Spoiled much? I had to work to get a phone)

Lets see how many need to be reported before Apple does something about it.. I don't think getting a device as thin and as light as possible is good.. Build quality is much more important, it is a HUGE selling point of the device.

Yeah, the back of my iPhone 4 I had managed to warp the back glass and it was falling apart, wasn't paying $500 to replace it.. Never really liked iOS IMO.

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

lol. I think everyone is just scrolling through the pages right now. 

Considering the number that were sold, however, 332 is well within the range of acceptable failure.

I'm not defending Apple here... But this whole bend gate thing is incredibly over-hyped, over something that isn't all that ground breaking.

My wife's first S5 shipped with a DOA screen, the second shipped with a faulty battery. Third one works fine. Both of those failures were, again, within the range of acceptable failure.

~Remember to quote posts to continue support on your thread~
-Don't be this kind of person-

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB

Well since Tim Cook revealed he was gay, it all made sense to me that none of the new iPhones were strait. He's bad for the company I tell yah.

/joke

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Considering the number that were sold, however, 332 is well within the range of acceptable failure.

I'm not defending Apple here... But this whole bend gate thing is incredibly over-hyped, over something that isn't all that ground breaking.

My wife's first S5 shipped with a DOA screen, the second shipped with a faulty battery. Third one works fine. Both of those failures were, again, within the range of acceptable failure.

4.3 defects per million is the typical standard for manufacturing.

So... If they sold 90 million units (approx.), then about 300-400 cases is within standard. They're nearing 20 million sales last I heard.

From the stand point of manufacturing, they need to tighten up some regulations.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

So... If they sold 90 million units (approx.), then about 300-400 cases is within standard. They're nearing 20 million sales last I heard.

332 is just the amount on this site. 

From the stand point of manufacturing, they need to tighten up some regulations.

And that's just of reported bends.. If someone was anything like me he'd just RMA it.

332 is just the amount on this site.

On that site.

There could be more cases unfound or unreported, 300-400 defects is still a bad number.

On that site.

There could be more cases unfound or unreported, 300-400 defects is still a bad number.

No, I was not correcting you. 

But agreeing. 

No, I was not correcting you.

But agreeing.

Ah, I guess I wasn't either lol.

It's funny, though, because I still do appreciate Apple as they currently stand.

Ah, I guess I wasn't either lol.

It's funny, though, because I still do appreciate Apple as they currently stand.

I do as well. 

I am not saying Apple is bad. But after my Z1S surviving internal water for 2 days. I guess the iPhone 6 should survive a pocket.

Educated guessing doesn't always have educated answers cough*AppleDesign*cough

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW