first build won't power on, need help.

Go to solution Solved by PixelPips,

Check every end point. The wall socket, the powersupply and it's little switch, each power end on the motherboard, and plug in your case headers.

So I just built my first build, and after hooking all components together, it doesnt load up into any screen, and the PSU fan doesnt spin when powered on.

I will admit that when I first started that I didnt realize that there were power headers for the cpu, and i did try powering it on without those. but even after switching of and reconnecting, neither the fan on my cpu cooler or the fan on my PSU would spin, and no boot screen came on. I used a paper clip and checked the psu seperately and the fan started spinning fully well then.

I dont have a case speaker, and I cant seem to find an LED anywhere on the MOBO. I havent hooked it up to any of the case front panel, but when I plugged in one of the fans and hooked up all of my other components (excluding case front panel), none of the fans would spin.

My build includes:

AMD Athlon x4 370k

Asrock Extreme 4+ motherboard

XFX Double DIssipation r9 270 GPU

1 terabyte hdd 

8gb KIngston Hyperx Fury 1866 mghz ram

Im feeling very in over my head and I couldnt find any other thread that had a similar problem, I would be very appreciative if any one could help.

Thanks guys, plugging in the front panel fixed it, boy do i feel stupid, thanks so much

Check your front panel connections to make sure they are all in the correct spots.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Check if you plugged in the power switch to your motherboard

System: Thinkpad T460

Check every end point. The wall socket, the powersupply and it's little switch, each power end on the motherboard, and plug in your case headers.

I might be wrong.