Searching for Wireless Headphones for computer

acidydragon

Hello all,

I'm searching for a pair of wireless headphones to use for my desktop for when I'm playing games and such.

I want a good sound quality,  whether I'm next to my computer, or across the room.

I want over the ear headphones, Wireless capabilities that will allow me to go a decent range away from the base, and I'm not super concerned on it having a mic or not.

It would be nice to have a mic, but if they don't have one, but sound superb, that's also fine. 

Not an Audiophile, which is why I'm asking for your opinions!

Budget is 400ish dollars.

Case: Lian Li PC011-D - CPU: 3900x - GPU: 2080ti Reference - Mobo: Gigabyte - Ram: Corsair 4x16gb 3200MHz - SSD: 2TB Samsung Evo NVME

Don't get your expectations too high. Audio quality and wireless don't go together.

Just grab something from sennhesier. I believe it's the RS series.

Well, for starters, I do know that @Whiskers quite likes his Vengeance 2100s. I have used 2100s as well, and I think they're pretty good. I don't see much of a reason to spend $400 if you're not an audiophile.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

I own a pair of Skullcandy PLYR1. i absolutely love this headset. very comfy and reasonable range i walk around my home with these one. starts to cut out when im on the other side of my home. but these are awesome. mic is good too/

I don't see much of a reason to spend $400 if you're not an audiophile.

I'm not an audiophile, meaning I don't keep up on what the best headphones are, manufacturers and such, but I am very picky about the actual sound that I get.

The headphones I use now are on their way out, and I figured this was a good time to switch to wireless.

Case: Lian Li PC011-D - CPU: 3900x - GPU: 2080ti Reference - Mobo: Gigabyte - Ram: Corsair 4x16gb 3200MHz - SSD: 2TB Samsung Evo NVME

I'm not an audiophile, meaning I don't keep up on what the best headphones are, manufacturers and such, but I am very picky about the actual sound that I get.

The headphones I use now are on their way out, and I figured this was a good time to switch to wireless.

You'll get better sound, and a lower price if you just get wired. Most headphones come with a really long cable if you get up an move alot.

Well, for starters, I do know that @Whiskers quite likes his Vengeance 2100s. I have used 2100s as well, and I think they're pretty good. I don't see much of a reason to spend $400 if you're not an audiophile.

Indeed. I had some troubling experiences with the Vengeance 2000s in regard to

build quality and design flaws - but Corsair handled my RMA brilliantly and sent

me the 2100s as a replacement. I've been very happy with them ever since. They

appear to be considerably better designed and built.

They don't offer sound quality as good as wired solutions for the price, but they

definitely don't sound awful. The best part about them is unquestionably how

comfortable they are to wear, in my experience. I've not once found myself

feeling uncomfortable or becoming tired of using them. So long as sound quality

is not your only goal with your purchase I'd say they're definitely a good buy. If

however you really want to get the best sound quality that you can, it would be

wise to avoid wireless headphones. Wired equivalents with similar sound quality

usually cost a fair bit less, and those of a similar pricepoint tend to have better

sound quality. :)

"Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted
Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials | Members of Staff

You'll get better sound, and a lower price if you just get wired. Most headphones come with a really long cable if you get up an move alot.

My issue with wired headphones is that the cable ends up getting twisted, and in the way.

What about the Logitech G930s, any opinions on them?

I like that they have the three buttons on the side (really I only need one), for a push-to-talk for voice programs.

@Whiskers @MayflowerElectronics @TheSLSAMG

I like that they have the three buttons on the side (really I only need one), for a push-to-talk for voice programs.

Owned a pair once; terrible bass distortion.

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

I'm afraid I have no experience or knowledge of them.

"Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted
Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials | Members of Staff

No way, everything I dont like in gaming headsets in one product.

Owned a pair once; terrible bass distortion.

Good to know. From what I can find, it's either the Corsair h2100's, or Astro headphones then...  Probably going with the Corsair ones for gaming, and nabbing a wired pair for listening to music.

@acidydragon At $400 you have a myriad of choices, the one I would (and did) go for is the Sennheiser RS220. They sound great, quality is as good as most wired headphones and the wireless is "losless". , range is good. Stand is a bit plasticky for me, but works well as a charging port. It's big weakness is that it needs the base station and is therefore not portable. They are aimed at more of "home theatre" users and are extremely comfortable to wear. If you want the best of the best, get these.

Another option is the Harman Kardon BTs. They look sexy as hell, sound quality is very very good (probably the best for bluetooth). But I've never tried them wirelessly. They have the huge advantage of being able to use wired as well if the battery goes flat or you want to listen on your phone or whatever. Comfort is great in short-to-medium bursts but start to wear after a few hours. I ended up buying a pair of Harman Kardon NC's after listening to the BTs for a while. Should be found much cheaper than the Sennheisers. They also include a semi-decent microphone, though probably not ideal for gaming.

Those would be my top two choices.

I absolutely LOVED my G930's.  I walk around my house quiet often.  There are some dark zones but those are in places that are really far and I have no need for.  It's so nice to be able chill while having the headset on.  Sometimes I recline in my chair with it, and sometimes I lie in my bed with it.  

My biggest gripe is the construction of the body.  Mine had the plastic housing break but Logitech covered me.  They even covered me when I had a lemon unit that disconnected super frequently.  You may get a bit of disconnects at times.  I would say I get a 3ish second disconnect every 45ish minutes.  Sometimes I don't get any disconnects for hours.  No big deal in my case.

I'm not an audiophile but I do listen to music sometimes with my G930.  I find the experience enjoyable.  I got one of my friends to buy it and when we skype, his voice quality is spectacular.  

I don't particularly like the surround sound mode.  Stereo mode sounds nicer to me.  Before I used this headset, I used a different one with mic monitoring/sidetone and now I feel very uncomfortable not having sidetone.  Thankfully this headset has sidetone.

I am trying to move on from this headset though for the simple fact that the headset's housing is a little too fragile for a heavy user like me, but at $100 per set, it;s not too bad.  I only bought one on August 2013, and I am currently on my 2nd RMA unit (soon to be 3rd as soon as Logitech responds).

G-keys are meh.  The G930's have a driver issue where if you disconnect, you lose your sidetone so I made one G-key 'sidetone up.'  I made one Shutdown my computer in case im already in bed.  The other I don't really use.