What should I do with my raspberry pi model B?

I have a raspi B, and I was curious if anyone had any ideas what to do with it. I just realized I haven't done anything with it for a while and want to find something useful to do with it.

I have a raspi B, and I was curious if anyone had any ideas what to do with it. I just realized I haven't done anything with it for a while and want to find something useful to do with it.

Web server.

My rig: Intel Core i7-8700K OC 4.8 | NZXT Kraken X62 | ASUS Z370-F | 16 GB Trident Z RGB 3000 (2x8) | EVGA 1070 SC | EVGA SuperNova NEX650G1 | NZXT H700 | Samsung 250GB 850-EVO | 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDDs 

media center 

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Web server.

What would I do with a web server?

media center 

Is it possible to do this without paying additional money?

not really unless you dont care about local content

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

mines been siting doing nothing for a while. used to use XBMC to stream movies. now we have a WD cloud, and WD players at all 3 tvs at the house. dont need it anymore

not really

if you have a wirless keyboard and a hdmi cable, yes really. thats what i used it for. just depends on what you have

if you have a wirless keyboard and a hdmi cable, yes really. thats what i used it for. just depends on what you have

I don't have a wireless keyboard

Send it to me!

-snip-

is that from the PACs episode? and if you really want it, you can have mine+all of the fancy LEDS and little cables and stuff.

is that from the PACs episode? and if you really want it, you can have mine+all of the fancy LEDS and little cables and stuff.

Sure!

Because he had a hard drive.

you could water cool it

1000x750px-LL-18ed3ab2_DSCF0924.jpeg

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

Any other ideas?

you could water cool it

1000x750px-LL-18ed3ab2_DSCF0924.jpeg

I put heat-sinks on it for ocing. they were only like $5

I put heat-sinks on it for ocing. they were only like $5

#watercooledMasterRace

My rig: Intel Core i7-8700K OC 4.8 | NZXT Kraken X62 | ASUS Z370-F | 16 GB Trident Z RGB 3000 (2x8) | EVGA 1070 SC | EVGA SuperNova NEX650G1 | NZXT H700 | Samsung 250GB 850-EVO | 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDDs 

Okay so a web server wouldn't be much use to me, and a media center wouldn't help either. Any other ideas?

Okay so a web server wouldn't be much use to me, and a media center wouldn't help either. Any other ideas?

Christmas is coming so, light controller? (not sure how to do this, though...)

Maybe you could do something like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZH0eZ9KT1U

I have a Raspberry Pi, too.   One of my buddies bought it for me.  I bought a 16GB SD card so I could boot it connected to my TV.  It was neat.  I played a movie in VLC for about three minutes.  Then I shut it off.   I haven't done anything with it since.   

I have no idea what to do with it.  

Create a cool gadget? Like a pointless machine!

My rig: Case: Cooler master storm scout

CPU: I5 3570k - Ram:  8Gb Kingston HyperX Blu

GPU: GTX 660 - Sorage: 2-1TB WD black;  120 GB samsung 840

I'm probably gonna get another in a few weeks to use as a mumble server (kinda like ts) apparently they work quite well for it

i7 4770k currently @ stock | 2x Sapphire r9 290 Tri-x in crossfire | 16 GB GSkill trident X @ 2400 Mhz | Asus z87 Sabertooth | NZXT h440 | NZXT Kraken x60 | Corsair RM1000 | BenQ XL2420TE