Controlling fans and a pump. What to do?

XzzDSA

Heyo o/

Just configured my pc with a sweet WC setup.
In that setup I've got an EK D5 PWM pump, and 4 silvestone ap121 on a rad.

Right now, everything is running full power, which completely ruins the point of it for me. I need to get my pump at around 1-2k rpm instead of 5. And get my fans waayy down from 1600rpm.

I've got an ASUS Rampage 3 Extreme motherboard, and the onboard fan control in bios does not really seem to work proberly for me.
I've tried installing speed fan. In speedfan 4.50 I can monitor every fan of mine perfectly. But I can't control them all.

I've got my pump and my fans to "CHA_FAN2" and "CHA_FAN3".
To my understanding you are able to control these through bios or with Asus fan xpert.
Are there any other ways I can control them? Am I missing something in speedfan?
(tried installed Asus Fan Xpert.. but it's so dated it doesn't even recognice my mobo).

If I can't do it through software.. Can you suggest some fan controllers which are NOT IN THE 5.25INCH BAYS? :)

Regards
  XzzDSA

Everyone have a cool signature. I don't, so I thought I would write something.

- Cool right?

This SHOUTS for a mCubed T-Balancer BigNG. This is  a prominent fan controller for trotteling D5 pumps and controlling fans via software. Seriously, get this fan controller! it's the best solution, even if it's old. btw. that's the fan controller that Linus has in his personal rig.

who cares...

This SHOUTS for a mCubed T-Balancer BigNG. This is  a prominent fan controller for trotteling D5 pumps and controlling fans via software. Seriously, get this fan controller! it's the best solution, even if it's old. btw. that's the fan controller that Linus has in his personal rig.

Hmmm - They just keep screaming about how freakin' horrible it is to setup.. 

All I really need to do is make everything run really low speed...

I don't care for speeding up fans for better temps.. If I reach 70dec. on my CPU because of low fan speeds, so be it. I just want it comepletly silent :P

I'll take a look at it though. Thanks :)

- Cool right?

Hmmm - They just keep screaming about how freakin' horrible it is to setup.. 

All I really need to do is make everything run really low speed...

I don't care for speeding up fans for better temps.. If I reach 70dec. on my CPU because of low fan speeds, so be it. I just want it comepletly silent :P

I'll take a look at it though. Thanks :)

The setup is not as difficult as Linus makes it look like. You have your fan channels and you can assign various digital and analogue temp sensors to them. You can dial in fan curves, which tbh takes a bit but isn't unnecessarily complicated. Every fan channel supports upto 20W so you can work with fan splitters, no problem.

who cares...

The setup is not as difficult as Linus makes it look like. You have your fan channels and you can assign various digital and analogue temp sensors to them. You can dial in fan curves, which tbh takes a bit but isn't unnecessarily complicated. Every fan channel supports upto 20W so you can work with fan splitters, no problem.

Alright cool. Unfortunally I think I'll need to get one of those from either the UK, Germany or Sweden. Because Danish electronic stores are basicly just potato.

- Cool right?

Alright cool. Unfortunally I think I'll need to get one of those from either the UK, Germany or Sweden. Because Danish electronic stores are basicly just potato.

Yupp, it's difficult to find one. I was lucky enough to get one from ebay for just 30€.

Iwould still hold out for alternatives but the T-Balancer is pretty much your best bet.

who cares...

Yupp, it's difficult to find one. I was lucky enough to get one from ebay for just 30€.

Iwould still hold out for alternatives but the T-Balancer is pretty much your best bet.

Mehhh - I think I'll just go ahead and get one as quickly as possible, atm my rig sounds like a jet...

I will have a temp solution though, and use a molex connector for each fan on my rad with a 5v adapter... Then I'll get some lower rpm on those.. They are the most annoying atm.

- Cool right?

Heyo o/

Just configured my pc with a sweet WC setup.

In that setup I've got an EK D5 PWM pump, and 4 silvestone ap121 on a rad.

Right now, everything is running full power, which completely ruins the point of it for me. I need to get my pump at around 1-2k rpm instead of 5. And get my fans waayy down from 1600rpm.

I've got an ASUS Rampage 3 Extreme motherboard, and the onboard fan control in bios does not really seem to work proberly for me.

I've tried installing speed fan. In speedfan 4.50 I can monitor every fan of mine perfectly. But I can't control them all.

I've got my pump and my fans to "CHA_FAN2" and "CHA_FAN3".

To my understanding you are able to control these through bios or with Asus fan xpert.

Are there any other ways I can control them? Am I missing something in speedfan?

(tried installed Asus Fan Xpert.. but it's so dated it doesn't even recognice my mobo).

If I can't do it through software.. Can you suggest some fan controllers which are NOT IN THE 5.25INCH BAYS? :)

Regards

XzzDSA

I use Asus AI Suite III although it isn't the best. I even got their thermal probes and tried to run fans off only the probes readings but it looks like even when set 100% decision based on probe temp, fans still ramp up if the CPU gets hot (especially the CPU fan header which is controlling my pump). I think I might just plug nothing into the CPU header as the rest don't respond as severely. 

Rig: i7 13700k - - Asus Z790-P Wifi - - RTX 4080 - - 4x16GB 6000MHz - - Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVMe Boot + Main Programs - - Assorted SATA SSD's for Photo Work - - Corsair RM850x - - Sound BlasterX EA-5 - - Corsair XC8 JTC Edition - - Corsair GPU Full Cover GPU Block - - XT45 X-Flow 420 + UT60 280 rads - - EK XRES RGB PWM - - Fractal Define S2 - - Acer Predator X34 -- Logitech G502 - - Logitech G710+ - - Logitech Z5500 - - LTT Deskpad

Headphones/amp/dac: Schiit Lyr 3 - - Fostex TR-X00 - - Sennheiser HD 6xx

Homelab/ Media Server: Proxmox VE host - - 512 NVMe Samsung 980 RAID Z1 for VM's/Proxmox boot - - Xeon e5 2660 V4- - Supermicro X10SRF-i - - 128 GB ECC 2133 - - 10x4 TB WD Red RAID Z2 - - Corsair 750D - - Corsair RM650i - - Dell H310 6Gbps SAS HBA - - Intel RES2SC240 SAS Expander - - TreuNAS + many other VM’s

iPhone 14 Pro - 2018 MacBook Air

O and by GPU gets hot I mean if AI Suite 3 reads it as getting hot under load, sure the CPU is running harder thus getting warm, but the water in my cooling loop hasn't even had a chance to warm up (which is where the probes are placed, in the fins of my radiator). I think with a bit more work I can get it pretty much how I want it. But for you, since you don't mind temps and just want quite, this might work perfect for you. You can have the fans just fallow a "curve" that is 100% flat. Regardless of temps it will hold a certain RPM. That should work fine.

Rig: i7 13700k - - Asus Z790-P Wifi - - RTX 4080 - - 4x16GB 6000MHz - - Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVMe Boot + Main Programs - - Assorted SATA SSD's for Photo Work - - Corsair RM850x - - Sound BlasterX EA-5 - - Corsair XC8 JTC Edition - - Corsair GPU Full Cover GPU Block - - XT45 X-Flow 420 + UT60 280 rads - - EK XRES RGB PWM - - Fractal Define S2 - - Acer Predator X34 -- Logitech G502 - - Logitech G710+ - - Logitech Z5500 - - LTT Deskpad

Homelab/ Media Server: Proxmox VE host - - 512 NVMe Samsung 980 RAID Z1 for VM's/Proxmox boot - - Xeon e5 2660 V4- - Supermicro X10SRF-i - - 128 GB ECC 2133 - - 10x4 TB WD Red RAID Z2 - - Corsair 750D - - Corsair RM650i - - Dell H310 6Gbps SAS HBA - - Intel RES2SC240 SAS Expander - - TreuNAS + many other VM’s

O and by GPU gets hot I mean if AI Suite 3 reads it as getting hot under load, sure the CPU is running harder thus getting warm, but the water in my cooling loop hasn't even had a chance to warm up (which is where the probes are placed, in the fins of my radiator). I think with a bit more work I can get it pretty much how I want it. But for you, since you don't mind temps and just want quite, this might work perfect for you. You can have the fans just fallow a "curve" that is 100% flat. Regardless of temps it will hold a certain RPM. That should work fine.

Can't use asus suite 3 with my mobo though :/

Atleast I don't think so.

- Cool right?

Can't use asus suite 3 with my mobo though :/

Atleast I don't think so.

What mobo do you have? Thought you said it was Asus?

What mobo do you have? Thought you said it was Asus?

Rampage 3 extreme.. It's a 1366 socket.. X58 chipset

- Cool right?

Rampage 3 extreme.. It's a 1366 socket.. X58 chipset

Hmmm. Little bit old :/. Yea when I had my 1366 setup I don't think I had much fan control options either. Shoot man, I don't know what to tell you.

Hmmm. Little bit old :/. Yea when I had my 1366 setup I don't think I have much fan control options either. Shoot man, I don't know what to tell you.

Naahh np.

I think a t-balancer is proberly my best bet.

Atm. When I put the back sidepanel on.. The pump resonates through the whole panel :'( Need to figure out some better padding for it I think.. But turning it down would certainly help alot I think.

- Cool right?