redecorating my pc for the 780

Good progress, and i like that you've done the push/pull config. that'll definitely help with keeping the CPU cool and all that :p

the Nvidia sticker on the PSU isn't a bad idea either and really does show off the fact its a Nvidia rig :p shame about the cathode tube but the LEDs also look pretty good.

when i saw the sleeving again, i got an idea - as the rig is black+green, how about doing every other cable green sleeve and the others kept black? thought that might be a nice idea :D

I may also have to install white LEDs onto the i/o shield on my pc now :D love the idea!

Spoiler

Gaming/Engineering PC: -i7 6700K, 4-4.2GHz "Eleanor" -ASUS ROG HERO VIII MOBO -16GB DDR4 3000MHz Corsair (2x8GB) -Gigabyte Windforce 980Ti OC edition (1405MHz GPU clock) -H110i GT Corsair CPU Water cooler -980GB Sandisk Ultra II SSD -Corsair 450D ATX Case -RM850i Corsair PSU (Modular) -28” 4K Samsung -27” 1080p Samsung 

Please dust the top fan it looks horrible..There is spider webs on it.. :)

Good progress, and i like that you've done the push/pull config. that'll definitely help with keeping the CPU cool and all that :p

the Nvidia sticker on the PSU isn't a bad idea either and really does show off the fact its a Nvidia rig :p shame about the cathode tube but the LEDs also look pretty good.

when i saw the sleeving again, i got an idea - as the rig is black+green, how about doing every other cable green sleeve and the others kept black? thought that might be a nice idea :D

I may also have to install white LEDs onto the i/o shield on my pc now :D love the idea!

The sticker covers up the ugly one that came on the power supply heh and I figured if im redecorating for the 780 then what better way than to put an nvidia sticker on it right. I had a lot of other ideas but that one looked and matched the best so I went with it. Not the best but its kind of cool. Im sure the fan boys would like it lol. :)

Far as the sleeving goes yea that sounds like a great idea but im out of sleeving right now so I have to order some more. Id like to get a different kind next time. Some with a little better quality.

And thanks for the positive posts man. I think one of the hardest things for me and a lot of enthusiast is getting a lot of negative criticism when posting on forums and kind of stops people from posting. :)

THe led's on the I/o shield is the best! I got them from autozone for about $15 and just spliced the wire into an old molex from an old fan. Works perfect

Please dust the top fan it looks horrible..There is spider webs on it.. :)

ARe you talking about the 200mm fan because I took it out and replaced it with a 120mm. Check the last batch of pics cause I tore down the entire pc and cleaned it. The fan thats there now does have some dust on it but looks better and im replacing it with a 140mm fan in the next few weeks or so :)

well i've been in your position before, putting my work up for the internet to look at. so i know that constructive criticism is more helpful then people just saying that they dont like something :p

the current sleeving looks good, is it cheap then? and what brand are you going for this time?

Spoiler

Gaming/Engineering PC: -i7 6700K, 4-4.2GHz "Eleanor" -ASUS ROG HERO VIII MOBO -16GB DDR4 3000MHz Corsair (2x8GB) -Gigabyte Windforce 980Ti OC edition (1405MHz GPU clock) -H110i GT Corsair CPU Water cooler -980GB Sandisk Ultra II SSD -Corsair 450D ATX Case -RM850i Corsair PSU (Modular) -28” 4K Samsung -27” 1080p Samsung 

ARe you talking about the 200mm fan because I took it out and replaced it with a 120mm. Check the last batch of pics cause I tore down the entire pc and cleaned it. The fan thats there now does have some dust on it but looks better and im replacing it with a 140mm fan in the next few weeks or so :)

Yes i was talking about the 200mm..Other then that bro it looks great..

well i've been in your position before, putting my work up for the internet to look at. so i know that constructive criticism is more helpful then people just saying that they dont like something :p

the current sleeving looks good, is it cheap then? and what brand are you going for this time?

Yes the sleeving is very cheap. Feels like its made of all plastic and its kind of hard to work with. I bought it from newegg for about $10 for a whole kit but the heat shrink was too big so I had to buy some from home depot. This is my first sleeving job and I didnt want to buy high dollar sleeving untill I knew I could do it. Now that ive got it down I want to buy some better stuff and maybe even tackle an entire psu :)

I was thinking of getting something from frozencpu or mnpc. Do you know of any good brands?

Yes i was talking about the 200mm..Other then that bro it looks great..

THanks man. The funny thing is that the dust wasnt really that noticeable in real life but in the pictures it really stuck out a lot. The whole reason I cleaned it was because I saw all the dust in the pics I posted heh

Yes the sleeving is very cheap. Feels like its made of all plastic and its kind of hard to work with. I bought it from newegg for about $10 for a whole kit but the heat shrink was too big so I had to buy some from home depot. This is my first sleeving job and I didnt want to buy high dollar sleeving untill I knew I could do it. Now that ive got it down I want to buy some better stuff and maybe even tackle an entire psu :)

I was thinking of getting something from frozencpu or mnpc. Do you know of any good brands?

Look up Icemodz.com  He has some great sleeving there..I don't know the prices ..I ordered some custom cables from him and they came out great..

nope unfortunately i haven't done anything with cable yet in any builds, so a good sleeving manufacture would be the last thing i knew :p

and sleeving surely shouldnt have to feel nice to look nice? i mean yeah, a high quality one might feel nice, but you're not going to be touching the wires all the time so how they feel shouldnt matter, just as long as they look good would please me tbh! but then again, your build :p

is there actually any appearance difference between cheap/high end sleeving?

Spoiler

nope unfortunately i haven't done anything with cable yet in any builds, so a good sleeving manufacture would be the last thing i knew :p

and sleeving surely shouldnt have to feel nice to look nice? i mean yeah, a high quality one might feel nice, but you're not going to be touching the wires all the time so how they feel shouldnt matter, just as long as they look good would please me tbh! but then again, your build :p

is there actually any appearance difference between cheap/high end sleeving?

The problem isnt that it feels nice but that its plastic and hard to work with. For example when I cut the ends its hard to cut straight and when I burned the ends they would melt together. This might happen with other sleeving as well man I just dont know but I have figured out how to work with it either way. The really bad part was that it was suppose to be a kit with all the sleeving and heat shrink I needed to sleeve a power supply. Well most of the sleeving was too big to fit any cables on the psu and I ran out of the size I needed pretty quick. The heat shrink that came with the kit was way too big and wouldnt shrink down small enough to hold the sleeving so I had to go buy the right size heat shrink from home depot. Now I have a lot of extra sleeving and heat shrink that I will never use because its just too big to fit on any cables that I have. Does that make more sense? I really dont know much about sleeving so I really cant say weather its bad or good but I guess I want to try another brand so I have something to compare it to and have a better knowledge of sleeving.

You could paint the RAM cooler green (not the fans) and it would look sick.

i5 4670k| Asrock H81M-ITX| EVGA Nex 650g| WD Black 500Gb| H100 with SP120s| ASUS Matrix 7970 Platinum (just sold)| Patriot Venom 1600Mhz 8Gb| Bitfenix Prodigy. Build log in progress 

Build Log here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/119926-yin-yang-prodigy-update-2-26-14/

yea i've had this case for 5 years and looked everywhere for rubber grommets(sp? i have no idea either! heh) and the only thing i could come up with was to make some but i couldn't find a way to make them without them looking kind of cheesy. as for the back, yea i don't know why thermaltake stopped including those back plates or why anyone else hasn't started doing that. it makes it a lot easier to shut the back door since it keeps the cables exactly where they need to be.

You could ask corsair and tell them you hare doing a case mod (they are very supportive of that type of stuff).  People have told me that what they did.

i5 4670k| Asrock H81M-ITX| EVGA Nex 650g| WD Black 500Gb| H100 with SP120s| ASUS Matrix 7970 Platinum (just sold)| Patriot Venom 1600Mhz 8Gb| Bitfenix Prodigy. Build log in progress 

Build Log here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/119926-yin-yang-prodigy-update-2-26-14/

You could ask corsair and tell them you hare doing a case mod (they are very supportive of that type of stuff). People have told me that what they did.

Ill try that. I wonder if I just go through their tech support and ask will that work?

Ill try that. I wonder if I just go through their tech support and ask will that work?

Thats what people have said...Corsair has the best tech support I've ever dealt with.  Also, Bitfenix has some the the best priced cable extensions I've seen.

• 3 weeks later...

I like it man. Its nice to see an amd build every once and a while.