Anker mice.

HEXiT

i was recently asked to give my opinion on the anker 8000dpi mouse so i thought i would pass on my thoughts.

design wise its a very basic affair with all your most typical buttons for gaming, 2 thumbs, dpi and a macro button.

it uses an avago 9800, 8200dpi sensor which increments in steps of 200dpi and has a poll rate of 1000 so is a very typical hi dpi mouse

the sensor uses a different firmware so doesnt suffer the skipping associated with other mice that use the avago 9800.

8000dpi is there a need for it... yes... the higher the dpi the less intrusive prediction is* and its defiantly beneficial to turn up the mouse dpi but turn down the mouse speed in windows own mouse panel... this will have the effect of slowing the mouse while increasing the x/y sensitivity. so you get more control all be it at slightly lowered speed. great for sniping or if your doing 3d/productivity where accurate mouse placement will same you money.

the real surprise for me was the price when it first hit the market it was a poultry 19.99U.S. this put it firmly in the lead as the best gaming mouse for the money in any price bracket far beyond the likes of the g400 since release back in November there has been a slight increase in price to 30bux but really for this mouse its still a bargain that shouldn't be passed up.

yes you can go with an m90 or some other high end mouse but this little gem has all the functionality and more of some higher end mice but at half the price.

the ANKER precision laser 8000dpi mouse... 8/10 as a mouse 10/10 for value.

currently the mouse they sent is being used by my mate and his family on there home pc and they say they are more than happy with it. not just because they got it free. but because it just sits there doing its thing withoput shouting at you with flashy logos and led's...

over the next few weeks anker will be sending me a couple more mice.

if you would like my opinion on them let me know... 

*prediction. when a mouse sensor calculates a straight line between the last sensed point and the next.. the higher the dpi the less of a gap there is between sensing points the less intrusive prediction should be... all prediction wants to do is draw straight lines and if theres to much then drawing smooth curves will be difficult, to little you will get constant jitter or jaggy stepping on  lines.

Rig: Intel i7 920 D0 @3.5 | gtx970 | 12 gig Balistix 1333 @ 8-8-8-24 | 2x1TB Spinpoint F3 Raid 0 | 1TB Spinpoint F3 |samsung 840 evo|  Thermaltake 850w Tp |

Xfi extreme gamer | Antec 902

Peripherals: Samsung syncmaster 2494hs @1920/1080 - 60Hz | Q-pad MK85 | g502 | Razor Destructor | Logitech G930 | Logitech 3D pro xtreme | 360 pad | Nitro Wheel

*prediction. when a mouse sensor calculates a straight line between the last sensed point and the next.. the higher the dpi the less of a gap there is between sensing points

And the "speed" determines how much each gap should move the cursor, as far as I know. Thanks for the review.

not allways true mate. they use something called interpolation where they take the input and do some maths between the dpi, the mouse speed and mouse sensitivity to get the over all mouse speed and pixel accuracy.

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=335510

a good article to have a read of. im dyslexic so im nowhere near as eloquent as this guy.

Rig: Intel i7 920 D0 @3.5 | gtx970 | 12 gig Balistix 1333 @ 8-8-8-24 | 2x1TB Spinpoint F3 Raid 0 | 1TB Spinpoint F3 |samsung 840 evo|  Thermaltake 850w Tp |

Peripherals: Samsung syncmaster 2494hs @1920/1080 - 60Hz | Q-pad MK85 | g502 | Razor Destructor | Logitech G930 | Logitech 3D pro xtreme | 360 pad | Nitro Wheel

Been wondering about these mice. I think they're made in Denmark which is weird as typically I see Danes as rather technology allergic. So far I've only heard good things but the sample size of users is still miniscule to draw a conclusion. Thanks for the review!

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

no mate there made in china like pretty much every other mouse. i know this as thats where my pre release version was sent directly from.

fact most mice come from the same few factories in china, there just made to manufacturers specs as and shiped out to distributers are many things today.

yeah i know most people would like to think that each manufacturer runs its own mouse factories but they dont.

i know a few guys over on toms bought em after my inital review and for months after people were singing its prases i dont know any 1 who wasnt happy with it. 

they really have tried to enter gaming grade with the 8000dpi mouse. no its not the prettiest but it is full of functionality that some much more expensive mice dont even have. when i got it i dint know how much it was gonna cost so i put up that it would be the mouse to beat if its under 30 bux, a very capable mouse at 50 bux and it would likely struggle due to reputation or lack of if they priced it at 70+. anker then told be they were releasing it at 19.99 and my jaw dropped. so yeah i understand why people are singing its praises. its because none of the other contenders are even close to it at the price point. 

1 thing i did notice was there was a value on the side of the box for shipping insurance. the mouse was worth 3bux so that shows you what kind of markup the big players are adding.

How big is it and is it easy to palm for big hands? Also, can you upload a few pictures as well please? Thanks :)

PC in Profile

no mate there made in china like pretty much every other mouse. i know this as thats where my pre release version was sent directly from.

I meant the Anker company comes from Denmark. Just a 3 AM mistype.

EDIT: They claim multinationality, but I'm 99% sure the original concept originated in Denmark/ from a/several Danish person(s).

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

http://s560.photobucket.com/user/hexit71/slideshow/anker%20mouse

a couple of pix of the mouse as for where they originate. i have no idea. the person im deal with is u.s based.