First PC Game To Support 1080P ?

Dicehunter

Was just wondering seeing as resolution is quite a hot topic lately, When and what was the first 1080P supported PC title ?

Battle.Net - Dicehunter#2746

Origin - Dicehunter

Steam - Dicehunter

Uplay - Dicehunter

Many PC games support arbitrary resolutions or simply the native resolution of your monitor. I'm pretty sure you will find fairly early 3D games that will support 1080p even though it wasn't common when the game was released.

That only says he coded on a 1080P monitor though, The game if memory serves was something like 800x600

Many PC games support arbitrary resolutions or simply the native resolution of your monitor. I'm pretty sure you will find fairly early 3D games that will support 1080p even though it wasn't common when the game was released.

Still trying to find the info that gives me the name of a game that supported 1080P out of the box, Just a little dispute I'm trying to settle with a work mate :P

Origin - Dicehunter

Steam - Dicehunter

Uplay - Dicehunter

That only says he coded on a 1080P monitor though, The game if memory serves was something like 800x600

Still trying to find the info that gives me the name of a game that supported 1080P out of the box, Just a little dispute I'm trying to settle with a work mate :P

As I said, you should be looking for the first game to support arbitrary resolutions, not "out of the box" 1080p. Because that game should be able to run at 1080p without any changes to it, it would have just been impossible at the time.

As I said, you should be looking for the first game to support arbitrary resolutions, not "out of the box" 1080p. Because that game should be able to run at 1080p without any changes to it, it would have just been impossible at the time.

This shall take some digging ^_^

Origin - Dicehunter

Steam - Dicehunter

Uplay - Dicehunter

This shall take some digging ^_^

I pretty much found "everything quake, unreal or source engine" can actually render at 1080p if you put it in the config file or use console commands, so that should show you how old some games are that actually support 1080p without any modding. So Quake 1 in 1996. Nearly 20 years ago.