Game developer receiving death threats

Xsilent(X)

Can I just say something.  If this has anything to do with GamerGate, I'd like to tell you that Zoe Quinn, Brinna Wu and Anita Sarkessian haven't been relevant for months.  Like it or not it is actually about Ethics in game journalism. Only the third wave feminists(AKA: Femenazis) would believe other wise.

It's a confused issue. Gamergaters say they want more transparency in journalism, and that the issue Zoe Quinn had kinda started all of this.

Zoe Quinn got death threats then feminists got involved who say gamergate is just an excuse for white introverted nerds to practice misogyny.

The media has since provided one sided coverage trying to prove that point.

Exactly. I've seen some rather sickening tweets coming from Anti-GamerGate supports (Including one where they wanted to kill their children if they became gamers)

1.jpg

Games publishers and industry figures must "stand-up and condemn" the movement referred to as "GamerGate", developer Zoe Quinn has told the BBC.

Ms Quinn has been at the centre of a furore which some argue is about ethics in journalism, but others consider to be a largely misogynist hate campaign.

The 27-year-old was forced to leave her home after receiving death threats.

She said publishers must "say GamerGate, and what it's been doing, is wrong".

"The fact that so much of the responsibility is offloaded to the people most harmed by it, when somebody in a much safer position than I am can stand up and condemn it... it's frustrating."

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-29821050

This was news back in August.

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

Wasn't it about women's portrayal in video games?

Also to paraphrase Stephen Colbert the only thing worse than gaming journalism might be Hollywood journalism  :rolleyes:

Quote from wikipedia

Try to research more (Wikipedia has been compromised on this issue (check with Thunderf00t) so don't trust it)... It's not about portrayal of women in games in the first place... It's about ethical journalism in games media...

The whole pop-feminism thing shoehorned itself in after Zoe Quinn was called out for having an undisclosed, close relationship with a reporter (something that is against the code of ethics in journalism in multiple countries) who wrote about her...

Watch TotalBiscuit's interview with Stephen Totilo (Kotaku editor in chief) to get a better picture of Gamergate...

I still don't understand the term #GamerGate. The commotion seems like its all the gamers that are doing it, but in reality any internet troll can do this.... I mean, the guy who made Flappy birds wasn't this stupid in believing the death threats he received and his thing didn't even cause that big of a commotion on the news/media. Feel like the only reason that this is a big commotion is because she is a female... =/

Thank God someone's fighting for ethical gaming journalism. The big issues are finally being addressed.

[spoiler=pc specs:]cpu: i5-4670k | mobo: z87-pro | cpu cooler: h100i | ram: 8gb vengeance pro | gpu: gtx770 ftw 4gb | case: nzxt switch 810 matte black | storage: 240gb ssd; 1tb hdd | psu: 750w corsair rm |
keyboards: max nighthawk x8 mx brown + blue led; corsair k60 mx red; ducky shine 3 tkl mx blue + orange led | mouse: deathadder black edition | audio: FiiO E10; sennheiser hd558; grado sr80i; sony mdr-nc200d; blue snowball |

People just need to stop talking about gamergate. When that happens, that is when it will die

Personally im happy to see it continue to gain more and more attention. It would be preferable if the catalyst wasn't these professional victims getting press and rather the actual issues being of interest, but regardless we're seeing a huge surge of people aware of these issues of ethics and these strategies used to quell movements and opposition being torn apart and criticized freely. These strategies being used will not be as effective in the future, and i feel like gamergate is making huge progress in educating people about how to respond to them positivley.

The veterens of gamergate will be an awesome group that can handle discussion(at least more than previously) and can get past and criticize nonsense bullshit. Anti-gg is a filter for us in that regard.

Quote from wikipedia

Whats going on with wikipedia right now can be summarized by this:

tumblr_ne206rcbaL1rdwac3o1_1280.png

There's a wikpedia editor named Ryulong if i recall who is extremely biased that has been edit warring the article and banning people who've tried to fix it. These terrible people are everywhere.