The Evil Within - New Update Adds 60FPS Cap

silenthill_69

This is definitely a step in the right direction. I just wish that this was included at the start and wasn't just limited to 60fps.

Still needs tons of optimizations and bug fixes. Got FPS dips even with everything on low with my 290x. 

the question is why did they release it with so much bugs, sometimes it dips to just a few frames on my ps4 I can hardly move the character around to dog enemies it's shameful I paid 52 £ for something that looks like it's on Bata development stage :angry:  

I5 3570K@ 4.4 - GIGABYTE Z77- Kingston 8G 2400 RAM - MSI GTX980 - HAF-X - 27'' ROG SWIFT + 32'' LG IPS - OCZ 250G SSD + WD 4TB HDD - ASUS XONAR DX -Noctua NH-D14

Bethesda we expect shit loads of bugs from you but not this console bs !

come on :(

And another beloved Dev gets the console aids....RIP bethesda. Don't you even THINK about pulling this bullshit with TES VI, not gonna go over at all.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Great news for all Evil Within fans and PC enthusiasts in general. Lets they start doing this as a standard feature rather than a month after release

I'll be that guy: This manages to piss me off still. This update is basically saying "Ok shut the fuck up here, 60FPS" When in reality if they cared about having a good experience they would have managed unlimited FPS

-------

Current Rig

-------

I'll be that guy: This manages to piss me off still. This update is basically saying "Ok shut the fuck up here, 60FPS" When in reality if they cared about having a good experience they would have managed unlimited FPS

But they said from the start that they will patch 60 fps, they offer a total unlock but they aren't supporting it. I think covering the 99% majority is okay for a game that never really targeted PC

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

But they said from the start that they will patch 60 fps, they offer a total unlock but they aren't supporting it. I think covering the 99% majority is okay for a game that never really targeted PC

Not from the start, no. Here's a hint: things that are done "from the start" at usually ready well before launch and don't need to be patched in later. "Here is this new batman game and we were aiming for a batman without a cape cause is more cinematic, however you'll have the option to have the cape too a feature we planned from the start however we somehow could not finish in time while at the same time arguing for the obsolescence of capes in superhero games saying stupid bullshit like the eye can't distinguish between a capeless hero and one with a cape anyway"

-------

Current Rig

-------

It shouldn't be locked on PC to begin with.

they did it cuz the saw the pc copy sale were terrible cuz if you remember they insisted at release date that it will be cap at 30fps on all platforms  

I5 3570K@ 4.4 - GIGABYTE Z77- Kingston 8G 2400 RAM - MSI GTX980 - HAF-X - 27'' ROG SWIFT + 32'' LG IPS - OCZ 250G SSD + WD 4TB HDD - ASUS XONAR DX -Noctua NH-D14

Why put on a FPS CAP at all??? What is this bullshit? What happened, when was this implemented?

Why put a cap on it? It's freaking retarded to do it AT ALL, in ANY game

Who started this? What's the meaning behind it?

Yes i'm mad

it started when they found out the there next gen babies (ps4 & xbox1) can't cope with new games so the bullshit began from all game devs

It doesn't make the game good, however. Don't waste your time and money, not buying it is the only way to show these devs we want real survival horror games back.

Not from the start, no. Here's a hint: things that are done "from the start" at usually ready well before launch and don't need to be patched in later. "Here is this new batman game and we were aiming for a batman without a cape cause is more cinematic, however you'll have the option to have the cape too a feature we planned from the start however we somehow could not finish in time while at the same time arguing for the obsolescence of capes in superhero games saying stupid bullshit like the eye can't distinguish between a capeless hero and one with a cape anyway"

I said they "said" from the start

on launch day they said they were going to patch and support 60Hz play.

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

they did it cuz the saw the pc copy sale were terrible cuz if you remember they insisted at release date that it will be cap at 30fps on all platforms  

PC Sales alone were above all sales of Alien Isolation

Besides, they said well before release that there would be command codes for unlocking framerate and entering cheats

Oohh I like this, don't know if the actual game is good or not though. I want a review from Joe!

Still no real 21:9 support, or performance improvements really. :/

So they had the black bars but not 21:9 support? xD

That's just hilarious

Ryzen 7 5800X     Corsair H115i Platinum     ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi)     G.Skill Trident Z 3600CL16 (@3800MHzCL16 and other tweaked timings)     

MSI RTX 3080 Gaming X Trio    Corsair HX850     WD Black SN850 1TB     Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB     Samsung 840 EVO 500GB     Acer XB271HU 27" 1440p 165hz G-Sync     ASUS ProArt PA278QV     LG C8 55"     Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X Glass     Logitech G915      Logitech MX Vertical      Steelseries Arctis 7 Wireless 2019      Windows 10 Pro x64

So they had the black bars but not 21:9 support? xD

That's just hilarious

Yeah the game outputs 16:9 to the display because the black bars are created by the renderer, ui elements & things are in the bars

Yeah the game outputs 16:9 to the display because the black bars are created by the renderer, ui elements & things are in the bars

It's so dumb I am not even mad

Ryzen 7 5800X     Corsair H115i Platinum     ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi)     G.Skill Trident Z 3600CL16 (@3800MHzCL16 and other tweaked timings)     

MSI RTX 3080 Gaming X Trio    Corsair HX850     WD Black SN850 1TB     Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB     Samsung 840 EVO 500GB     Acer XB271HU 27" 1440p 165hz G-Sync     ASUS ProArt PA278QV     LG C8 55"     Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X Glass     Logitech G915      Logitech MX Vertical      Steelseries Arctis 7 Wireless 2019      Windows 10 Pro x64

Wait so we can now run it without letterboxing and at 60fps?

Maybe I WILL play it now

To be fair, you were always able to anyway. I beat the game the night after release after a mod had already been released to fix FOV. Then of course I just used the console commands to uncap frame rate and remove the black bars.

Actually, that reminds me: anyone know if they've actually fixed the FOV once the black bars are removed? When you removed them before, everything was all zoomed in.

To be fair, you were always able to anyway. I beat the game the night after release after a mod had already been released to fix FOV. Then of course I just used the console commands to uncap frame rate and remove the black bars.

Actually, that reminds me: anyone know if they've actually fixed the FOV once the black bars are removed? When you removed them before, everything was all zoomed in.

I believe that is the point of the fix, that you can remove them and gain back some FOV as opposed to the mod way

you did it in one night? I never like to play through in one sitting, i just started wolfenstain and have been playing it the last 4 nights after work

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

YsjaguS.jpg

BzcNFTg.jpg

These are some screenshots i took, yeah the FOV bug was fixed

How about no fucking cap at all?

“The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it the more it will contract” -Oliver Wendell Holmes “If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth.” -Carl Sagan

Oh god, no, that's still awful. It still looks the same as the black bars.

With the modded FOV fix: http://a.pomf.se/zbzibo.png

but the bug specifically was reduced FOV when you took away the black bars, the bug was fixed, sure a slider would be nice, but the game isn't broken for people who want fullscreen now