MS is going to stop selling Windows 7 in 31. October (OEM)

WereCat

... So it's free now?

Ha! You wish! :) 

(Though they said that they are considering pirated copies as FREEMIUM).

... So it's free now?

No

200_s.gif

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Do you have a link or source for that? That's an INCREDIBLY BOLD claim from someone as Anti-pirating as Microsoft. I can't believe that unless I hear it out of the mouth of Steve Ballmer or Satya Nadella or someone else with authority.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Do you have a link or source for that? That's an INCREDIBLY BOLD claim from someone as Anti-pirating as Microsoft. I can't believe that unless I hear it out of the mouth of Steve Ballmer or Satya Nadella or someone else with authority.

I am 100% sure that I was reading about it on this forum and it was in Tech News though I am somewhat unable to find it. I will edit this post if I do find it.

EDIT: OK it was not on this forum it was here http://www.dsl.sk/article.php?article=16229 (actualy this may be better link http://www.cnbc.com/id/102101929 )

GOOGLE TRANSLATED

New CEO Satya Nadella Microsoft has confirmed this attitude of piracy of software and especially Windows, which was part of professionals and users of the steps taken by Microsoft or their absence and yet estimated. 
In an interview with CNBC Nadella is confirmed that the company understands the piracy of its software as part as freemium model.

Quoting what Nadella said

We always had freemium model, but sometimes this model was called piracy.

RIP in peace w7

I'd rather just see Windows Vista make a comeback.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

"I dont know what you are talking about". ;)

"not me either"8)

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

Sorry, I meant Extended Support, I will fix my earlier statement now. 

You're still wrong. Did you read his entire post? Or mine for that matter.

So is now the time to get a win 7 key and save it till prices go up?

I don't wish I'm not going to buy any win version at all. I've been using my current win 7 install for months now without "activating" it. It just reminds me to do so and then I ignore it.

Also I'm going full Linux this WE.

SO LONG MS!

I can't believe that unless I hear it out of the mouth of Steve Ballmer or Satya Nadella or someone else with authority.

Baller doesn't have any authority anymore!

... Please don't tell him I said that.