Good AIO excluding fans, only rad+pump

Go to solution Solved by Raudi_,

Hello! I'm about to buy a AIO water cooler for my FX 8350, I was considering the best performance possible because we get 40ºC(104ºF) in summer. But I also want to take noise in to account, I usually leave the computer on when I go bed and the fans can be annoying!

With this in mind I think my best option is to get the best pump/radiator AIO I can find and replace the fans with Noctua NF-A14 PWM ones. And here is where my problems start, most of the reviews use the stock fans on their reviews. I only found Linus using the same fans on all radiators. So I don't really know which AIO to actually get... I had decided on the Nepton 280L from Cooler Master, the fans are noisy but should be fairly quiet with the Noctua ones in place.

This will be my first water cooler ever, so I decided to ask some advice from more experienced people here! Is the Nepton 280L a good choice? Anyone care to name an alternative one?
I'm not so keen in the maintenance of a custom water cooler, that's why I'm going with the AIO alternative!

Thanks in advance! :)

the 280L the H110, kraken X61 are some that are great.

Hello! I'm about to buy a AIO water cooler for my FX 8350, I was considering the best performance possible because we get 40ºC(104ºF) in summer. But I also want to take noise in to account, I usually leave the computer on when I go bed and the fans can be annoying!

With this in mind I think my best option is to get the best pump/radiator AIO I can find and replace the fans with Noctua NF-A14 PWM ones. And here is where my problems start, most of the reviews use the stock fans on their reviews. I only found Linus using the same fans on all radiators. So I don't really know which AIO to actually get... I had decided on the Nepton 280L from Cooler Master, the fans are noisy but should be fairly quiet with the Noctua ones in place.

This will be my first water cooler ever, so I decided to ask some advice from more experienced people here! Is the Nepton 280L a good choice? Anyone care to name an alternative one?

I'm not so keen in the maintenance of a custom water cooler, that's why I'm going with the AIO alternative!

the 280L the H110, kraken X61 are some that are great.

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Lava: i9 12900k 5.1GHz (Undervolted to 1.26v)| MSI z690 Pro DDR4| Dominator Platnium 32GB 3800MHz| Power Color Red Devil RX 6950 XT| Seasonic Focus Platnium 850w| NZXT Kraken Z53
Unholy Rampage: i7 5930k 4.7GHz 4.4 Ring| X99 
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14

Corsair H105 master race

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

I have and also recommend the corsair h105. It's quiet and gets the job done.

CPU: Intel i7 4770k 4.3ghz MOBO: Asus Z87 Sabertooth RAM: 2x8GB RipJaws 1866mhz GPU: 2x GTX780ti SLI 1.2ghz SSD: 960GB 2x Intel 730 RAID0 CASE: Fractal Design Define S COOLING: Custom EK watercooling loop

If you live in the U.S. take a long hard look at the Cooler Master Seidon 240M for $60 on Newegg.com.  Best price to performance option out there.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

I've Got A Corsair H55, it holds fairly good temps (around 30 to 60 - Thats with my AMD A6 And I5 rig Overclocked to their full potential!

I've used corsair AIO's in other peoples systems (double rads) and overall they are very good for the price

For Its Price, I was on a VERY VERY tight budget

In terms of noise the pump is even quiet when running at full 12v,

the stock fan is ok, untill it hits about 60%, i only used it for a short while before i did push with a Corsair SP120 so the entire system is almost inaudible

Hope This Helps!!

Willy was a scientist, Alas he is no more, For what he thought was H2O , was H2SO4.

Thanks for the help guys! I decided to go with the 280L. The fans are kinda loud, but that'll be fixed once the noctua ones arrive!

I did notice that what Linus said about the round fans really seems a design flaw from Cooler Master, On my pull configuration some of the air comes in from the sides, never getting thru the radiator. But again, will be fixed with the noctua fans :)

Thanks again guys!