GTX690 not out putting 4k at all from mini-dp but will out put 30 and 60 at 4k over dvi?

James93

Hi all I've just recently plunged into 4K and i am trying to run my 4k TV off my GTX690 for a little bit of 4k gaming until the 990 comes out if it does at all.

the problem I am experiencing is that my HDMI to mini-DP adaptor does not recognize my 4k Tv as being 4K now I think I might know what the problem is in this case as I'm 100% sure its not the adaptor due to the fact my HDMI to mini-DP adaptor works on my surface pro perfectly out putting to 4k. I am using HDMI 2.0 cable as well for the full 4K 60hz.

I am just wondering if this is a problem any of you lot might of had before and if there is a quick in house fix. if not then i will just have to return to my local retailer and hope the GTX690 still has some of its warranty left 

Hi all I've just recently plunged into 4K and i am trying to run my 4k TV off my GTX690 for a little bit of 4k gaming until the 990 comes out if it does at all.

the problem I am experiencing is that my HDMI to mini-DP adaptor does not recognize my 4k Tv as being 4K now I think I might know what the problem is in this case as I'm 100% sure its not the adaptor due to the fact my HDMI to mini-DP adaptor works on my surface pro perfectly out putting to 4k. I am using HDMI 2.0 cable as well for the full 4K 60hz.

I am just wondering if this is a problem any of you lot might of had before and if there is a quick in house fix. if not then i will just have to return to my local retailer and hope the GTX690 still has some of its warranty left

Hmm....you've got a bit of a conundrum there mate. My first thought would've been HDMI - Mini DisplayPort adapter. But if it's working with your Surface Pro then that is kinda weird.

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

Might be a problem with the adapter and the card.

4 - 3840x2160 at 30Hz or 4096x2160 at 24Hz supported over HDMI. 4096x2160 (including 3840x2160) at 60Hz supported over Displayport.

Nvidia

Try a straight DP cable instead of an adapter?

Might be a problem with the adapter and the card.

Nvidia

Try a straight DP cable instead of an adapter?

thanks for the responses guys, and I would try an straight DP cable but with my 4k display being a TV it doesn't have DP ports :(

thanks for the responses guys, and I would try an straight DP cable but with my 4k display being a TV it doesn't have DP ports :(

Huh, that's a problem since going with HDMI it'll be limited to 30Hz.

You mean.....30Hurts. :P

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

I wasn't sure if it would be tho as DP supports full 60hz so i purchased a HDMI 2.0 cable which also supports 60hz rarther than 1.4a which is limited to 30hz but it still doesnt seem right that my surface pro is out putting through that same adaptor and hdmi cable i am using to 60hz 4k but my 690 doesnt even realize its connected to 4k display so i only get 1080p as the maxium option but weirdly if i use my HDMI to DVI adaptor then it works at 4k 60hz i just get the occasional green flash an then the drivers crash if i use 60hz over dvi which last time i looked wasnt possible at all ?