Windows not accesing all 12 GB of ram

rakloiders

so i recently purchased a new cpu and motherboard also 8 GB of ram. I installed it and checked if everything is ok but then i noticed that i only could use ~6 GB of 12 in total. what could i do to be able to use all of my RAM.

Specs: amd 8350, asus m5a97 LE R2.0, 12 GB of some ram, windows 7 ultimate 64 bit.

Is it set to 64 bit or 32 bit? that is a setting if i have been informed correctly, i think it is the bios

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

how many ram stick with what speeds and capacity do you have? 

Is there an option in the bios that has to do with making RAM noticable in the OS. It should be something like this

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

Is it set to 64 bit or 32 bit? that is a setting if i have been informed correctly, i think it is the bios

Yah I'm pretty sure it does have to do with the bios. Try enabling memory remapping in the bios.

Yah I'm pretty sure it does have to do with the bios. Try enabling memory remapping in the bios.

It was enabled by default

32 bit and 64 bit aren't really anything to do with the BIOS, it's a separate version of windows. There are ways in which the motherboard can affect how much memory the OS can access, as pointed out above, but 32bit uses different windows files to 64bit due to the way they can manage memory. This causes them to use more memory to do stuff, but it can do that stuff better. Because your OS can access more than 3.6 (ish, not entirely sure but it's between 3 and 4)GB of the RAM, that's not the issue.

HTTP/2 203

The numbers do not seem to add up..not with 4 DIMMS's in a dual channel setup..so how many DIMM's do you have and what are the densities.?

Your best effort is the easiest thing to give to someone else..

The ram has to be exactly the same for it to work properly, you can't have different types of ram.

You said you purchased 8gb of ram, but can only see 6bg out of 12gb? why do you have another 4gb of ram? 

If you're combining a set of 8gb ram and a set of 4gb of ram, then that won't work.

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

The ram has to be exactly the same for it to work properly, you can't have different types of ram.

You said you purchased 8gb of ram, but can only see 6bg out of 12gb? why do you have another 4gb of ram? 

If you're combining a set of 8gb ram and a set of 4gb of ram, then that won't work.

This guy nailed it, came here to ask if you where mixing sticks and thats probably where the issue lies. Try with just the new 8GB in the machine and also try with the 4GB by its self. I'd imagine its the sticks not liking each other.

AMD Ryzen 5900x, Nvidia RTX 3080 (MSI Gaming X-trio), ASrock X570 Extreme4, 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB @ 3200mhz CL16, Corsair MP600 1TB, Intel 660P 1TB, Corsair HX1000, Corsair 680x, Corsair H100i Platinum

You probably have the sticks in the wrong slots. 

Let's say the slots are 1-2-3-4

8GB kit should be in 2 and 4, and 4GB kit should be in 1 and 3

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein