SSD problem

9justinas9

hello guys i have had time deciding what to do. i bought m.2 crucial m550 256gb ssd and it broke after 20 days and im pretty sure its gpu killed it because it sits right above. i got a warranty replacement my gpu is too long to put it one slot lower. so now i have few options sell it and buy sata drive but im gonna loose money its its worst what i could do other options is buy a PCIe to m.2 adapter

my questions is because i cant find right information. can PCIe to m.2 adapter support m.2 drive that is based on sata im worried that it wont work. i dont want to plug new drive in and let gpu kill it again i need some solution. what i got is pcie slots spare sata connectors and that dam drive

please help me find a way to avoid GPU heat

thought of buying a bigger case where the gpu doesn't sit next to the hard drive? even though i am not really sure if gpu heat can kill a ssd.

thought of buying a bigger case where the gpu doesn't sit next to the hard drive? even though i am not really sure if gpu heat can kill a ssd.

im worried because its radeon r9 290 vapor-x and it outputs a lot of heat and ssd hits 65+ degrees witch kinda fits to operational temp (up to 70) but still i hate to put any expensive drives on that slot

do you know anything about pcie to m.2 adapters?

well you could do a ghetto thing and just mount the SSD somewhere else with two-sided tape somewhere away from heat sources. It doesn't really need to be in a hard bay tray because it's got no moving parts to worry about. Linus actually has his mounted behind the motherboard tray in his case.

well you could do a ghetto thing and just mount the SSD somewhere else with two-sided tape somewhere away from heat sources. It doesn't really need to be in a hard bay tray because it's got no moving parts to worry about. Linus actually has his mounted behind the motherboard tray in his case.

i wouldnt even come to this forum if it was that easy.

um its m.2 not a sata drive i cant simply buy a cable and put it somewhere else if you know any cables that is m.2 male to m.2 female i would appreciate a link to a seller

its m.2 slot

ssd-m2.jpg