AT&T Next or Unlocked Nexus 6

Long story short, I can't pay $700 upfront for a Nexus 6. I can however pay monthly fees for a with AT&T Next. However, I keep reading online that Next is a badly priced plan and will cost me more in the long run. Can someone explain this to me? Even though it's a Nexus and it's not in Nexus spirit to buy it with a contract like AT&T Next, I gots to get my hands on one. Should I be patient and save up the additional $370 I need to purchase an Nexus unlocked, or will it be the same better price with AT&T Next? BTW, I don't really need unlocked phones since I'm likely never going to switch carriers any time soon. I just keep hearing that somehow buying a phone unlocked is cheaper... 

PS This video properly visualizes my feelings for the Nexus 6: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffbVw1BrUDk

-From the desk of Moose-

Long story short, I can't pay $700 upfront for a Nexus 6. I can however pay monthly fees for a with AT&T Next. However, I keep reading online that Next is a badly priced plan and will cost me more in the long run. Can someone explain this to me? Even though it's a Nexus and it's not in Nexus spirit to buy it with a contract like AT&T Next, I gots to get my hands on one. Should I be patient and save up the additional $370 I need to purchase an Nexus unlocked, or will it be the same better price with AT&T Next? BTW, I don't really need unlocked phones since I'm likely never going to switch carriers any time soon. I just keep hearing that somehow buying a phone unlocked is cheaper... 

You only have to pay the first 12 monthly payments then you get to get a new phone. It's only like 20 dollars per month on top of your plan.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

The One Plus One is open for pre-order now so you could always pay $350 (unlocked of course) for that, there is one thing to note and that is it's a GSM phone only so no Sprint/Verizon but that isn't a problem science your on on AT&T.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

It's very similar to the plan I have with Sprint. Where you have to pay 12 phone payments and then you can upgrade to a new phone. And I'm so glad that I have this plan. Because I am currently not happy with my phone (Note 3) The phone is too big for me and I will be upgrading to the HTC One M8 in March.

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

You only have to pay the first 12 monthly payments then you get to get a new phone. It's only like 20 dollars per month on top of your plan.

Question: Can I keep the phone instead? I like to keep my phones until something starts making your phone wonky (like my Lumia 920).

-From the desk of Moose-

Question: Can I keep the phone instead? I like to keep my phones until something starts making your phone wonky (like my Lumia 920).

With AT&T Next you have to trade in your phone in order to get a new one

"Rawr XD"

With AT&T Next you have to trade in your phone in order to get a new one

But do I have to give it back at the end of 12 months or can I trade it in for a new phone later after that?

-From the desk of Moose-