I feel like the only person I know of who doesn't care about my phone's specs.

lunchboxdeluxe

I understand and suffer from technolust for pretty much everything but phones.

I always think... why would you want to play games and music and drain the battery on your phone? Then you won't be able to call or text people.

I have an Iphone 3gs I got for free, and even that is way overkill for me. I honestly miss my old teeny tiny cruddy samsung flip phone. It was indestructible, easy to use, never crashed or froze, and the call quality was better.

Full disclosure: I may be turning into an old person. For example, this meandering post turned out to not really have any point. Oops.

Well. If your phone has a good battery then this argument is invalid. 

My 3000mAh last easily 2 days with heavy usage (Netflix, YouTube, Games, Benchmarks, Pandora, Streaming, Downloading, With a smart watch attached)

iOS is a much lighter OS though.

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

I dont care really either

Good camera, good battery, enough specs to run any basic android game 

My requirements ^

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

It matters more on Android devices, compared to iPhones...

Ya know... Because there are only like 6 models that still gets apps made on them on iOS, and there aren't a million different ones with varying specs...

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha

I dont care really either

Good camera, "good battery", enough specs to run any basic android game 

My requirements ^

I have to agree with the Good Battery part.

Because he had a hard drive.

I have to agree with the Good Battery part.

that seems to be the trend now

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

As long as the phone has a powerful enough battery that it can handle going a full day without having to be charged with casual use, and is powerful enough that apps run smoothly and don't crash then I am fine with the phones specs.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

I gotta agree with you. I've been switching back and forth between an iPhone 5S and an HTC One M8 for a little while now, and I have to say that while there are differences, there seems to be a lot more similarities than differences (in terms of day-to-day usage)..

i7 not perfectly stable at 4.4.. #firstworldproblems

That is iOS for you... It is such a light operating system that it feels so fast even on old phones.

I can't say that I'm uncaring about phone specs but a solid experience is more important than specs. I purchased a Moto G (2013) since the experience is still great even though it doesn't have the best specs and I saved some cash doing so.

I understand and suffer from technolust for pretty much everything but phones.

I always think... why would you want to play games and music and drain the battery on your phone? Then you won't be able to call or text people.

I have an Iphone 3gs I got for free, and even that is way overkill for me. I honestly miss my old teeny tiny cruddy samsung flip phone. It was indestructible, easy to use, never crashed or froze, and the call quality was better.

Full disclosure: I may be turning into an old person. For example, this meandering post turned out to not really have any point. Oops.

Thats great, at the end of the day you use your phone for what you want to use it for. I have a OnePlus One because I kinda care about my phones specs, I enjoy having a 5.5inch Quad Core beast in my pocket but everyone is wired up differently. 

Some people see phones as a device for calling people and texting people, I see phones as a small computer.

My number one thing with a phone is Battery Life, I'd never EVER buy a phone again if it has even average battery life, I want to be able to get through 2 days of Medium to High use and still enough battery for me to plug the thing in before I go to bed.

Main Machine:  16 inch MacBook Pro (2021), Apple M1 Pro (10 CPU, 16 GPU Core), 512GB SDD, 16GB RAM

Gaming Machine:  Acer Nitro 5, Core i7 10750H, RTX 3060 (L) 6GB, 1TB SSD (Boot), 2TB SSD (Storage), 32GB DDR4 RAM

Other Tech: iPhone 15 Pro Max, Series 6 Apple Watch (LTE), AirPods Max, PS4, Nintendo Switch, PS3, Xbox 360

Network Gear:  TP Link Gigabit 24 Port Switch, TP-Link Deco M4 Mesh Wi-Fi, M1 MacMini File & Media Server with 8TB of RAID 1 Storage

I really don't either. I use a crappy Alcatel phone with a MediaTek CPU (like the AMD of phones except next to nothing uses >2 cores on a mobile), it was the cheapest new phone my carrier had at the time aside from some crap Blackberry. It gets the job done, has an okay camera, pretty great battery life, and runs... decent. Two things drive me nuts about it though, the touchscreen is super unsensitive (can't type fast on it) and it's impossible to root at the moment. I'm looking for a cheap T-Mobile compatible Galaxy S1 to buy so I can sell this cause 5" is still a bit big for me.

I barely use my phone, I just use it to listen to some music, make maybe one call per day and send a few occasional texts. 

"Rawr XD"

Even though I love specs, sometimes on rare occasion, I feel like just getting a Moto E, because some part of it makes me want it

Computer Specifications:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite | ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D50 32 GB 3600 MHz | Asus RTX 3060 KO Edition CoolerMaster Silencio S400 Klevv Cras C700 M.2 SSD 256GB 

1TB Crucial MX500 | 1 TB SanDisk SSD Corsair RM650W

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Olympus Pen-F Panasonic GH3 (Retired)

Lenses:

Sigma 30mm F1.4 | Sigma 16mm F1.4 | Sigma 19mm F2.8 | Laowa 17mm F1.8 | Olympus 45mm F1.8

Meh battery life is solved by external battery packs. Personally I can last several days w/ my Mophie 12k mAh battery.

It is not even a hassle to carry around since it has a relatively small footprint and fits in the external pouch w/ ease.

I kinda care, though all this octacore craziness seems overkill unless there's a marked power efficiency improvement.

My GNexus is labouring on like a 24 year old dog with 3 legs and a lung problem, but I'm stuck until I can afford a replacement.

Problem is my situation: currently battery life is the big one. I used to watch hours of YouTube in mobile because of Giffgaff's unlimited data compared to my 40GB data cap on broadband (not to mention 3G was 480p capable whereas my broadband struggled with that) and therefore being able to watch over breakfast, go to school, use it during the day, watch some more at home and do a bit of browsing is kinda important. I currently finish breakfast with anywhere from 80% right down to 55 just from YouTube. Now that GG changed their plan to 3GB and now I'm waiting on fibre it's more a case of 'last from 7am until 7pm without going lower than 50% would be nice'. Screen should be between 4.5 and 5" (4.7 is nice). That's about it. As long as it's got a nice interface or can be rooted and flashed and doesn't lag randomly then I'm fine with it

I only care about specs to ensure I am getting my moneys worth and that the phone will in fact have a fluid experience. This is why I am eyeballing the Moto G 2014 as my next upgrade.

I still keep and use my old nokia 1208 brick as a backup phone and i can text on it much faster than my xperia and i still play nature park on it