When I'm at school I just leave it on because it's not like I'm paying the electric bill. :P

Otherwise, I use Hibernate mode.  I like being able to turn the PC off, but still be right where I left off when I boot back up.

Intel Core i7-7700K | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW | ASUS ROG Strix Z270G Gaming | 32GB G-Skill TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200 | Corsair AX860i

Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 3 Samsung 950 Pro 256GB | Samsung 850 Evo 1TB | EKWB Custom Loop | Noctua NF-F12(x4)/NF-A14 LTT Special Edition

Dell S2716DGR | Corsair K95 RGB Platinum (Cherry MX Brown) | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | FiiO E17 DAC/Amp | Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro

I turn my computer at night before I go to bed but I switch it on first thing after getting out of bed in the morning and then leave it on all day.  I use windows 8 and a ssd for a boot drive, if I let the computer go to sleep it will not wake up.

Cry Havoc!

automated startup at 6AM, automated shutdown at 1AM, 

hibernate after 1 hour of non-active :)

Proud to be from Belgium.

My media servers restarted once a week, My gaming rig turned off for a few minutes every couple of days.

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

*quote*

Power, money, no difference. They're the same.

no difference?? i don't even ... what are you even trying to ... what are you even talking about?

hah obviously theres a pretty darn big difference 

maybe not for someone who doesn't know anything beyond the fact that things consume electricity if you put the one thing into the other thing stuck on the wall as if power is magic 

and doesn't bother to think about anything beyond how their power consumtpion will affect the bank account

I sometimes run my pc on all night for folding@home but apart from that it goes off. I leave my servers on all the time though.

XYPHER AMD FX8350 @ 4.6Ghz ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0 AMD RADEON HD 7970 @ 1140Mhz 16GB Corsair VENGEANCE 1600Mhz OCZ VERTEX 3 240GB SSD Corsair H100i 1TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE R4 CORSAIR K90 MADCATZ RAT 3 iiyama ProLite B2480HS 24"

I usually leave it on overnight, but not for normal reasons.

I have some ear damage, so when it's totally quiet, my ears ring like crazy.
My case fans offer just enough noise to drown it out, and, as it's not a high pitched scream in my ear, it's much easier to fall asleep to.

Wake up, first thing I do is turn PC on, stays on all day till I go to bed.

/repeat.

MY BUILD CONSISTS OF

• Case: Corsair 600T White Edition
  • CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K @ 4.50GHz
  • HSF: Corsair H100
  • GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 580 DirectCU II
  • RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB (4x4GB)
  • Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth P67 B3 Revision
  • SSD: SanDisk Extreme Solid State Drive 120GB
  • HDD1: Western Digital Black 500GB (Storage)
  • HDD2: Western Digital 320GB (Music)
  • HDD3: Toshiba 120GB (SSD Backup)
  • PSU: SilverStone Strider Plus 850w

no difference?? i don't even ... what are you even trying to ... what are you even talking about?

hah obviously theres a pretty darn big difference 

maybe not for someone who doesn't know anything beyond the fact that things consume electricity if you put the one thing into the other thing stuck on the wall as if power is magic 

and doesn't bother to think about anything beyond how their power consumtpion will affect the bank account

How mutch do you think you can save a year by shutting down your pc when not using? 

In Belgium it is about 0.20€ /kwH.

My pc uses about 50 Watt when idle, this is 0.05kw.

So I spend 0.05 * 24 = 0.12 cent / day 

Or: 0.12 * 365 = 43.8 Euro / year...

It costs 43.8 euro a year extra to let your pc run 24/7...

Which is (imho) neglactable.

Proud to be from Belgium.

Always on because the computer I use now loves to go full retard when I restart it

Wasting power = wasting money. power costs money. By saying "stop wasting power" what you're also saying is "stop wasting money". I'd be more worried about other things people waste money on, not just leaving a PC running 24/7.

If you want to help save your bank account, you focus on cutting the big spending first before focusing on the little things you can do to save more.

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

I pay my own power bills, so I shut that sucker down.

Only thing that stays on is the NAS.

- Silverstone TJ08B-E - Gigabyte Z87M-D3H - i7 4770k @ 4.0GHZ 1.2v - 16gb Kingston HyperX Black 1600 - Gigabyte GTX 770 OC 4GB -

- Silverstone Fortress FT02 - MSI Z77 Mpower - i5 3570k @ 4.0GHZ 1.09v - 8gb Mushkin Blackline 1600 - MSI GTX 670 PE -

- Lenovo T430 (1600x900) - i5 3210m - 8GB DDR3 1333 - nVidia NVS5400M - 256GB mSATA OS - 320GB HDD-

Wasting power = wasting money. power costs money. By saying "stop wasting power" what you're also saying is "stop wasting money". I'd be more worried about other things people waste money on, not just leaving a PC running 24/7.

If you want to help save your bank account, you focus on cutting the big spending first before focusing on the little things you can do to save more.

wow man, obviously not worth discussing with you as there is no discussion. your not listening to what i say which makes it pointless, just shut yourself inside that little nutshell of yours and continue being irrational or continue reading.

if i saw someone drinking gasoline i would tell them to stop, that doesn't necessarily mean i told them to stop wasting money because gasoline costs money and drinking it would be a waste.. i told them to stop drinking god dammn gasoline.

you are taking things competely out of context  and it seems you still believe power is magic and anyone should keep using all they want as long as their wallet allows it.

are you familiar with the concept of casuality? if not make yourself familiar with it.

Okay, i can understand people who let it run to upload videos or minecraft servers etc, but you should really turn it off when its just idling for a whole night - also, i'm confused by the first poll option, do people actually leave their computer on without sleep mode? That's just crazy... 

Stuff I have I like: Moto G - Superlux HD681 Evo - Monoprice 9927

90% of what I say is sarcasm.

wow man, obviously not worth discussing with you as there is no discussion. your not listening to what i say which makes it pointless, just shut yourself inside that little nutshell of yours and continue being irrational or continue reading.

if i saw someone drinking gasoline i would tell them to stop, that doesn't necessarily mean i told them to stop wasting money because gasoline costs money and drinking it would be a waste.. i told them to stop drinking god dammn gasoline.

you are taking things competely out of context  and it seems you still believe power is magic and anyone should keep using all they want as long as their wallet allows it.

are you familiar with the concept of casuality? if not make yourself familiar with it.

Chill man..

Okay, i can understand people who let it run to upload videos or minecraft servers etc, but you should really turn it off when its just idling for a whole night - also, i'm confused by the first poll option, do people actually leave their computer on without sleep mode? That's just crazy... 

I'm not sure you can still access the files on your PC with it being in sleep mode

"It seems we living the American dream, but the people highest up got the lowest self esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things, for the road to riches and diamond rings."- Kanye West, "All Falls Down"

I'm not sure you can still access the files on your PC with it being in sleep mode

So they're using their main pc as a NAS?

Stuff I have I like: Moto G - Superlux HD681 Evo - Monoprice 9927

90% of what I say is sarcasm.

I keep it on mostly all day either sleep or lock when not using it, depending how long i know it will be off for.  But I do turn it off before I go to bed :D

I put the ass in assume

So they're using their main pc as a NAS?

Have a lot of files that I share from my own PC, like my own music library and stuff.

"It seems we living the American dream, but the people highest up got the lowest self esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things, for the road to riches and diamond rings."- Kanye West, "All Falls Down"

I turn it on in the morning, put it to sleep when I leave for school/work and turn it off at night because all the LEDs don't let me sleep.

CPU: AMD 3950x Mobo: MSI B550 RAM: 32GB DDR4 GPU: Asus 3080 Strix PSU: Superflower Leadex 3 720w Case: BeQuiet 500DX

Storage: 2TB SSD + 4TB HDD Audio: SMSL 793ii -> HiFiman HE-400 + Mission MS-50 Speakers

Mine's on 24/7. I browse the internet during the day, play games, etc. Then I fold at night while I sleep. My PC is damn near silent, even though I can sleep with a lot of noise.

CPU: Intel i5-2320 @ 3.9gHz

GPU: MSI GTX 670 PE @ 1411/7387

I wanna go fast! :P

I on 24/7 because torrent movie and game for sell (just for pocket money). I live in a old village that have half price of electric and water bill. Beside my house, there a antenna tower which provide free WI-FI internet for us.

Gotta turn that shit off. I even switch off the powerpoint. Fucking Jullia Gillard and her carbon tax.

"And yet my mind is screaming, provoked in an icy sweat. It’s pleading and begging for a release, scraping the walls of a padded cell, pounding hopelessly at the floors that won’t even deliver the gift of pain."  - Why I Don't Dream Anymore

its usually on all day/on sleep but at night i turn it off its too noisy to be able to sleep but my server is on 24/7

My PC specs are CPU: 6700k @4.7Ghz Ram: 16GB Corsair RGB Pro GPU: RTX 2070  PSU: RM650 CPU cooler: corsair H150 Case: corsair Motherboard: ASUS Z270 Pro SSD: 1tb Samsung 970 EVOand SK Hynix 1TB

I usually leave mine on for torrents, but the noise is irritating so I'm not sure what I'm going to continue to do. 

Whether or not I turn it off when I sleep depends on if I want to sleep with headphones or not.

In need of an upgrade

Spoiler