What is the worst injury (computing related) that you have had?

asim1999

i  know there was an injury thread around a while back, but i wanted to make one more specific for computing. So what is the worst injury that you have had with computers? and has it left any marks/permanent damage?

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro

Nope, never.

I guess I'm too careful :)

ouch... did u require any x-rays? considering it is a school one, probably a crappy one. my foot would probably break if i dropped my full tower X99 PC on it...

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro

had a school desktop land on my foot

:lol: My reaction,

sorry if it was serious.

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

I got scratches from my case that had protective rubber grommets lost as,it is old 

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

just a bit ( useful ) offtopic, if you want to preven carpal tunnel disease, you have to strech hands, google for tutorials, easy takes up half a minute when video is rendering or when you are watching video or something

I cut my fingers on back of a case. Got blood on my brother mobo. It still works though.

\/Specs\/

Xeon E3 1230 V3-Maximus vi hero-2x4gb G skill RipjawsX 2133-EVGA supernova-1 tb seagate-Samsung 840 EVO 1TB-NZXT H440-EVGA 6Gb 780 Razer-Blackwidow Ultimate-Corsair M65

MSI Ghost Pro GS60 

The injury you get when you realized you didn't really like what you bought because you thought it was awesome but it really wasn't and you want to cry about it  <_<

You can bark like a dog, but that won't make you a dog.

You can act like someone you're not, but that won't change who you are.

Finished Crysis without a discrete GPU,15 FPS average, and a lot of heart

How I plan my builds -

Spoiler

For me I start with the "There's no way I'm not gonna spend $1,000 on a system."

Followed by the "Wow I need to buy the OS for a $100!?"

Then "Let's start with the 'best budget GPU' and 'best budget CPU' that actually fits what I think is my budget."

Realizing my budget is a lot less, I work my way to "I think these new games will run on a cheap ass CPU."

Then end with "The new parts launching next year is probably gonna be better and faster for the same price so I'll just buy next year."

:lol: My reaction,

sorry if it was serious.

it was my reaction to:P it didnt hurt that bad, mostly scared me. the cords mostly stopped it. broke the ethernet cable, thats it. no damage. thank god though, because it was a I5, 16 gigs of ram, and a gt 640

dust filled level 10 gt.

tried to removed the side panel and got hit in the chin. bleed a lot and felt dizzy.

Live your life like a dream.

I cut my fingers on back of a case. Got blood on my brother mobo. It still works though.

IO cutout is sharp, and just any edge of crappy PC can be sharp :D they dont bother smoothing it out haha

i electrocuted my self when i was plugging or unplugging an older tower hooked up to a dollar store power strip. interesting feeling, index and middle finger went numb for a few seconds

Not me, but I threw a PGA P4 at my brother. He went to the ER for eye injuries.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

I have no friends, no social life outside the computer. Does this count as a injury?

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

I've never really hurt myself, i did crack my fingernail by sticking it in a cpu fan at full speed.