A first time for everything - M-ITX Build in a 250D - i5-4690, GTX770, Watercooled

megadarkwood

Sup.

Chapter List:

potato

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is going to be my very first personal rig, I've made builds for other people and have a lot of experience building PC's but to this day, have never built my own. Honestly, I don't think I have ever owned a desktop.

Anyway, I decided to go M-itx with this build so that I can keep the rig on my desk instead of on the ground, you'll see.

My inspiration for this build is snoop.

Here is the parts list: 

Green = Bought

Red = Switched

Blue = Ordered

Cyan = Cancelled 

CPU Cooler: Corsair H55 57.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($48.98 @ DirectCanada) 
Motherboard: Asus H97I-PLUS Mini ITX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($108.98 @ DirectCanada) 
Memory: A-Data XPG V2 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($83.98 @ Newegg Canada) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 770 4GB Dual FTW ACX Video Card  ($329.99 @ NCIX) 
Case: Corsair 250D Mini ITX Tower Case  ($81.36 @ DirectCanada) 
Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($79.99 @ Memory Express) 
Total: $1094.71
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-10-16 20:02 EDT-0400

A couple of parts will be changed here and there if I get a better deal on something. Also, lots of parts will be bought used to save on cash, thats why some of the parts seem odd (mainly the GPU). All of these parts were picked off of my research of things I can buy used and the prices I would get for them. Don't worry about it :P

The main parts above are, obviously, the main components that have to be bought. Below are my plans for improvement.

• Red sleeved cables
  • Get the original GPU I planned for, a 970.
  • LEDS!!!
  • More silent fans
  • More storage

I'll be buying a few of the parts tomorrow and over the weekend, the build will most likely be completed by next week.

For now, have some snoop.

photo-8701.gif?_r=1412282728

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

With a tiny window like that, is it worth getting LED's and red cables?

With a tiny window like that, is it worth getting LED's and red cables?

It'll be in a place where I can see the window easily. 

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

It'll be in a place where I can see the window easily. 

Cool

I dont get why you build mini mobos  i mean micro have far more expandibility and ram potential and cost around the same . Can someone explain to me why  go mini instead of micro?Also go with a GTX 970  around same price and far more powerfull

Grant us the joy of song and dance and ever watch over us in the lonely places in which we must walk - Pray to Bastet

-2 for tired ass snoop gif

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

No this build is a no from me do yourself a favor and go with a z97 mobo and a 4690k model for oc because you dont need the liquid cooler if not going to oc

Grant us the joy of song and dance and ever watch over us in the lonely places in which we must walk - Pray to Bastet

No this build is a no from me do yourself a favor and go with a z97 mobo and a 4690k model for oc because you dont need the liquid cooler if not going to oc

FOOL! Why would you need watercooling on a non OC build!

41HfQco.jpg

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

FOOL My legend begins in the 12th century

I'm getting the motherboard, cpu and cooler for really cheap. 

-2 for tired ass snoop gif

+2 for crazy legs gif

I'm getting the motherboard, cpu and cooler for really cheap. 

yeah but they are not meant to be together you want something powerfull for gaming that build wont do take the mobo i showed you (or any good oc z97) and a 4690k for your system to be on top for a lot of years . Liquid cooling is only for ppl who oc if you dont it gets wasted.Also dont base on cheap ,base on what is good and will be the best value for money

My team and I have built a couple hundred 250d Rigs so far and love, love, LOVE them. Assembly, not so much. Most were stock heatsink and no gpu though, and we always use fully modular Corsair PSU'S so its not so bad.