Would it be considered advertising if I did this?

Jerakl

If you say
"If you have to ask, then it is"

I will tell you to shut up and read the thread you idiot.

Ok, so for a while I've been thinking of doing game reviews on youtube and the like, etc.

So I would also be posting these in the Review sections of the forum (embed, links are stupid) but I would ALSO be writing out a review in text so you don't need to watch the video to get my review.

What do you guys think? Suggestions? Thoughts?

If anyone says anything without giving me I reason I'll quote you with a stupid image. Same with what I said at the top of thread. Off topic is notorious for bad answers.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Well there's plenty of people who post video reviews in the Member Reviews section of the forum, and they're actually decent vids, I would have no problem if you did some game reviews for LTT

"Rawr XD"

I would see it as a bonus for a written review. So sure, go ahead.

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

It's usually a judgment call from the mods, but since you're a long time forum contributor without warning points, and all that, I suspect the odd posting would get overlooked.

You just have to make sure you continue to contribute to the community in other ways.

Also if the posts are bothering people and we get complaints, then they'll be pulled down, so keep the content high quality and the discussion around it positive and I don't see it being an issue.

I personally don't think it would be considered advertising, It's just another way of presenting your review. I may be wrong. This is just my personal opinion.

I personally wouldn't see it as that and if I were the owner of the forum I wouldn't remove it. However, I think this may fall under the 4.2 Advertising section of the CoC. Maybe PM a mod about it?

RIP in pepperonis m8s

If you have to ask, then it is.

You did that on purpose  <_<

It's usually a judgment call from the mods, but since you're a long time forum contributor without warning points, and all that, I suspect the odd posting would get overlooked.

You just have to make sure you continue to contribute to the community in other ways.

Also if the posts are bothering people and we get complaints, then they'll be pulled down, so keep the content high quality and the discussion around it positive and I don't see it being an issue.

Mk thanks :)

And actually I have had 1 or 2 before. But one was a verbal warning and the other expired. I feel obliged to say this.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

You did that on purpose  <_<

Mk thanks :)

And actually I have had 1 or 2 before. But one was a verbal warning and the other expired. I feel obliged to say this.

Hey At least your honest :D

I'd say you should write the review and not include the video. This way we can be sure that no advertisement is intended. But either way I think it would be fine even with the videos. @LinusTech pretty much sums it up doesn't he? ;) You should listen to him about the forum's rules if to anyone at all ^^

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I'd say you should write the review and not include the video. This way we can be sure that no advertisement is intended. But either way I think it would be fine even with the videos. @LinusTech pretty much sums it up doesn't he? ;) You should listen to him about the forum's rules if to anyone at all ^^

Actually I rarely know the rules around here and frequently moderate incorrectly much to the annoyance of Luke and the mod team.

Luke is really the true authority around here :P

Hey At least your honest :D

It is wise to be honest to the forum owner/your favorite youtuber :P

oUB9A9W.gif

I legitimately had trouble finding the LTT tab I was typing on when I had to get the image from imgur lol

Actually I rarely know the rules around here and frequently moderate incorrectly much to the annoyance of Luke and the mod team.

Lol, you started the forum, you should know your way. Gonna baby your way around here?? :P

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

@Slick it's up to you now then ^^ (sorry for spamming your inbox Linus ;))

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Wasn't he fired again?

Anyway, you should fire yourself for not doing a proper job  ;)

I asked a mod if I could do a game review of the CREW beta and include my own vid, he said yes as long as I didnt say subscribe in the end of the video 

but i got lazy and the beta expired

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

Both text and video is fine imo if you're not just being a shill for yourself.  We post videos that other people make all day every day and no one bats an eye.  Videos from actual forum members with relevant content in relevant review forums/topics should be a good thing.

If it isn't that way here (honestly I have no idea what the rules say), it should be.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

I asked a mod if I could do a game review of the CREW beta and include my own vid, he said yes as long as I didnt say subscribe in the end of the video 

but i got lazy and the beta expired

lol.

There's a chance I'd put a small annotation in, but probably not. I'm not going around looking for subscribers. It's partly because I want to share my views on games and my parents said I can't spend all my time gaming.

My list so far is Burnout Paradise, Borderlands TPS, CSGO, basically a couple games I like and play a lot. 

Gives me a chance to get people into games I like :P

Well these videos would also be going on my youtube channel. So I might add a tiiiiiiiiny annotation in the corner or something. IDK, that might be a whole different ballpark.

@WoodenMarker 

@LinusTech

If the primary focus is on text based reviews and there happens to be the same content in video form, I can't see a problem.  Personally I don't generally watch embedded videos and much prefer text and pictures.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Well the boss can still moderate the moderators. lol :P

"Rawr XD"

If the primary focus is on text based reviews and there happens to be the same content in video form, I can't see a problem.  Personally I don't generally watch embedded videos and much prefer text and pictures.

I edited my post. please re read :)

I edited my post. please re read :)

as I said in the editied post, if I go ahead with it, it will be for fun and thus I will not put an annotation. I'm not looking for subs I guess, but the video would basically be a voiceover of gameplay, so if you wanna see some of that, kinda what a video would be for I guess. That and if you don't like reading text.

I don't run the site of course, so take it as you will, but I still don't see a problem with a standard "pls pls sub" at the end (or beginning I guess, but that's a different can of worms) of a youtube video if the content is also in text form without the plug.  An optional video on top of text based content is just bonus imo.