PCGamer royally pissed off lots of people

Mooshi

When you deliver a snarky cheap shot while implying nasty things about those who were your own fanbase instead of being neutrally on topic, you're going to get a backlash.

Here is a snippet:

GamerGate. For those unaware, GamerGate is ostensibly a hashtag protesting unethical practices in games journalism. In reality, it is a noxious and confused movement that has been directly responsible for the harassment of multiple industry and media figures, the majority of which have been women.

Source: http://www.pcgamer.com/anita-sarkeesian-cancels-university-talk-after-school-shooting-threat/

The comment section is basically tearing PCGamer a new one. For myself personally as a minority who supports #GamerGate that also has female, LGBT, autistic, cis friends and a woman I adore who just wants to video games without some one sided narrative being shoved down our throats, I lost all respect for PCGamer and view them on pair as a cheap tabloid now.

Have these screencaps taken from Something Awful in relation to the above quote and you be the judge.

0ab5c40f2a42f46b95106a83f02a070f.png

d7da940623a8c5315b3482a2dd2d11c5.png

People take things too personally nowadays.  Things are only offensive if you choose to be offended.  Life is so much easier if you just dont give a shit about what people say.

edit:

pcgamer really shows how low they've really stooped, obviously not doing any research on the issue.  The "harassment" of media figures, especially women, was mainly coordinated (long ago, I might add) by 4chan, and the entire thing originally had no quarrel with women whatsover, but rather the bloggers and reporters that were betraying the very community they represented.

Personal Rig v3: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X | Noctua NH-U14S | Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro ITX | Zotac GTX 2070 8GB | 16GB G-Skill Trident DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA Supernova 750B | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX 

Peripherals: Sennheiser HD518 & Classic ModMic | Corsair K65 Luxe | Zowie EC2 | ASUS VG259QM  |  ASUS VG278E | Klipsch ProMedia 2.1

can mods treat the words "gamergate" as spam and just get auto deleted

every one is tired of this

it can all go away if everyone stops talking about it

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

There are quite a few games journalists that apparently want new jobs. Maybe they can set up bot farms for each other to get site hits. Soon, the only thing left to do will be playing video games.

Or you could just not click on and post in threads tagged as such. :mellow:

A festering wound doesn't just go away if you ignore it. If the world were idealistic, none of this would be happening right now. As it stands, it's a huge collaborated smear campaign that completely pisses all over legitimate issues by spinning narratives.

And what @cae said. There are some members on LTT that have been following this from the beginning who might be curious of current happenings.

I'll even add upon this by saying openly that Anita has me blocked on Twitter and I'm definitely am not a fan of hers at all. Even with all that against her, I STILL report harassing accounts targeting her till they get dealt with because no one needs death threads, period. The fraudulent narrative, though. That needs to stop. Swap gamers of #GamerGate with members of LTT being dumped on this much by media and you'd be a bit more upset. This happened to the atheists and spilled over to gamers.

A festering wound doesn't just go away if you ignore it. If the world were idealistic, none of this would be happening right now. As it stands, it's a huge collaborated smear campaign that completely pisses all over legitimate issues by spinning narratives.

And what @cae said. There are some members on LTT that have been following this from the beginning who might be curious of current happenings.

we stopped talking about kitchens and it went away

it works !

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

I am not upset at them over that.  I'm not against women, so I don't feel maligned by charges against those who are.  And there are PLENTY of trolls that are openly hostile to those women mouthing off on trends in games.  I disagree with their attitude, but my response of not caring what they think is not the same for everyone, some people went too far attacking them, and that is a REAL thing.

That said.  I AM still annoyed at pcgamer for something far worse.  This review, they have STILL not lived this down in my eyes.

http://www.pcgamer.com/dragon-age-2-review/

they've since switched commenting systems, but if you saw the backlash to that glowing praise for that disaster of a game, you'd understand.

I was incredibly disappointed at da2, it was inferior in virtually every way to da1, and they tried to pretend like it was some great installment. 

I am impelled not to squeak like a grateful and frightened mouse, but to roar...

Having not followed any of it at all and only reading a few tangentally related forum threads on here, the bold/red part has been a big chunk of what I've experienced surrounding it.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

No one gives a damn about this anymore. It was relevant for 15 minutes after it happened. Now it's a bunch of internet keyboard warrior neckbeards who think what they say actually matters. It doesn't. Get over it.

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide

When you deliver a snarky cheap shot while implying nasty things about those who were your own fanbase instead of being neutrally on topic, you're going to get a backlash.

Here is a snippet:

Source: http://www.pcgamer.com/anita-sarkeesian-cancels-university-talk-after-school-shooting-threat/

The comment section is basically tearing PCGamer a new one. For myself personally as a minority who supports #GamerGate that also has female, LGBT, autistic, cis friends and a woman I adore who just wants to video games without some one sided narrative being shoved down our throats, I lost all respect for PCGamer and view them on pair as a cheap tabloid now.

Have these screencaps taken from Something Awful in relation to the above quote and you be the judge.

-snip-

There's literally nothing inaccurate in that quote.

If anything it's too lenient.

People take things too personally nowadays.  Things are only offensive if you choose to be offended.  Life is so much easier if you just dont give a shit about what people say.

#shitciswhitemalessay

My (first) build: i7 4790k | Noctua NH-U14S + NF-A15 | Gigabyte Z97X-SLI | G.Skill Ripjaws X 2x4GB 2133MHz CL9 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB | Seagate 2TB SSHD | 2x MSI R9 270X TwinFrozr crossfire | Seasonic G Series 750W 80+ Gold | Asus VX238H 23" | GAMDIAS HERMES | Logitech G602 | Steelseries QcK | Windows 8.1