'Laptop' Consoles?

Mrbrynt

Considering the performance of consoles, I don't the see why these portable consoles need to be so bulky. Modern gaming laptops can be impressively thin for the performance they deliver. Seems like the engineering that went into these machines is next to none. The insides of a regular console placed in a different case with a screen strapped on top of it. Moreover, there is no keyboard on it, so why does it have to resemble a laptop. They could have went with more of an iMac sort of design, to utilize desk space more efficiently.

Paragon [ Intel i7 4770k @ 4.2GHz | 16GB @ 1866MHz Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 | ASUS Z87-Pro | Zotac AMP GTX 1080 Ti | Corsair H100i GTX | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD | 2 x Crucial M500 240GB SSDs | Seagate Barracuda 2TB HDD | EVGA SuperNOVA 850W G2 | Corsair Carbide 300R ] (Backup Storage: Seagate Expansion 5TB USB3.0 HDD)

ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q }

power source? U won't be on battery for very long lmao. may as well buy a gaming laptop. #pcmasterrace

Depending on what you want to play. I know I used to take my Laptop to a friends house regularly and it'd sit in my bag while we played Tekken on my PS3

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770k | Mobo: MSI Mpower Max | Cooling: Cryorig R1 Ultimate w/ XT140 front Fan | GPU: EVGA GTX 770 Dual SC SLI | Case: NZXT H440 | Case Fans: Phanteks PH-140SP x5 | PSU: EVGA Supernova P2 1000W | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer | SSD: Kingston HyperX 3k 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracude

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2013 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD438s | Mousepad: Razer Goliathus Control | Monitor 1: Benq XL2430T | Monitor 2: BenQ RL2455HM 

as if gaming laptops are worth anything when they arent plugged in.  fps tanks as soon as you take it on the go.

yea i guess but it can still play most games with it on battery power. 

I played Bioshock for a bit on battery once. 

the main problem with gaming on battery is that the battery doesn't last really all that long. 

i mean considering it takes you like hours and hours to actually accomplish anything in a game. 

the pro's of a gaming laptop are really that i can do anything i could do with a normal laptop when im on battery and then plug it in and also game on it when im where i was going. 

like in a hotel room or at work or at home. 

its a all in one solution and the gpu's are getting better and better you would be surprised at the fps you get in most games on these units now with even moderate quality. 

I played titanfall a while ago on my MSI GT70 2OC while i was visiting my parents and i had no noticeable fps lag or anything negative going on. 

in most single player games ive had no issues really either This laptop came with Metro last light free and i played it entirely on here because on my AMD gpu's in 2 dif rigs i had fps issues from poor coding. 

so i finished what most consider a aggressive game that tanks fps on many gpu's on a gaming laptop and it felt fine and looked fine too. 

so basically i'm not trying to blow daises up your ass but these current gen gaming laptop basically do exactly what they are marketed for. They replace the need for a full on desktop 

and i don't think a mobile Xbone or PS4 really brings that same value considering the battery life is going to suck just like what happens when you game on battery with a gaming laptop.

the only thing i could see them being nice for is bringing to the lake and running off say a generator or cabin power and not having to lug around a TV + console to do the same thing. 

but realistically a gaming laptop would be a better choice but that's just one mans opinion and some people prefer their consoles. 

---

Battery's need to really have a breakthrough soon imho they need to charge faster and last much longer or to be more specific have a much larger charge capacity. 

Asrock X670E Steel Legend - AMD 7600X(5.5Ghz) -  XFX Speedster-Zero EKWB Edition 6900XTXH 

-32GB Kingston Fury Beast 6000mhz DDR5 - WB Black 1 & 2 TB NVME -EVGA 1300W G2

Full loop 2x480mm XSPC RX Rads / Thermaltake Pacific W8 Block

*facedesk*

Is there ANYTHING that console peasants wont buy or believe, except for hardware that's worthwhile?

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

My bad, im not asian xD. Nor do I watch anime *cough*.

the .jp in the url was probably the first hint.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Since it does not have a battery, wouldn't it be better to just put a ps4 and a small monitor to a bag and still have the same utility?

Well if they are making consoles portable they should aswell make 792P LED screens to pack it with them... cough...

power source? U won't be on battery for very long lmao. may as well buy a gaming laptop. #pcmasterrace

No battery at all lol

CPU: AMD FX-6300 4GHz @ 1.3 volts | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | RAM: 8GB DDR3

Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P | GPU: EVGA GTX 960 SSC | SSD: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO

HDD: 1TB WD Caviar Green | Case: Fractal Design Core 2500 | OS: Windows 10 Home

No battery at all lol

-_-

Ben Heck has ben here.

Edit: Yes it is supposed to be ben not been

You break it, you buy it.

I break it, I buy it, take it home, reverse engineer it, begin manufacture, sell the product and put the other company out of business.

why does this even exist? just get a decent laptop..... WHICH HAS A BATTERY. 

| i5 3570 | Palit GTX 680 jetsream | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h | Corsair Vengeance 2x4 1600mhz | WD Caviar Black  1TB | Corsair TX 650m | Coolemaster Hyper212 X | NZXT Pantom 410 | Asus VS239 | Logitech G400s |

Click here to learn how to troll

What's the purpose of this? Really...
Anyway well done to the guy who made it, still I personally find it pointless..