'Laptop' Consoles?

Mrbrynt

From http://www.kitguru.net/desktop-pc/console-desktop-pc/matthew-wilson/you-can-now-buy-the-ps4-and-xbox-one-in-laptop-form/

Consoles aren’t the most portable things in the world but Ed Zarick looks to be changing that by showing off and selling the PlayBook 4 and Xbook One- laptop versions of Sony and Microsoft’s latest consoles. However, you’ll need to have a wedge of disposable income in order to afford one as they both cost close to £1000/$1500.

Zarick is a self-taught engineer who was also responsible for previously creating a portable Xbox 360, the Xbook 360. Last month, he began selling the Xbook One, featuring a 22 Inch Vizio 1080p LED TV and the console itself packaged in a 3D printed and laser cut case.  Zarick has run through the process of turning a console in to a laptop on his own website, Edsjunk.

141336287139-e1413367774987.jpg

The process for the Playbook 4 is presumably exactly the same, featuring a 22″ Vizio 1080p LED TV and a 3D printed and laser cut case for the console. As you can see in the image above too, these laptop versions can be a bit chunky, the PS4 as we are used to seeing it is actually fairly small. Both consoles come with a HDMI out so that they can still be plugged in to a TV as a console rather than just being used as a laptop.

Apparently, demand for these is actually quite high, the Xbook One goes for $1500 plus $75 extra for shipping inside of the US, international shipping will cost extra. The Playbook 4 on the other hand goes for $1400 with shipping charged as extra. Buyers are required to pay a $750.00 non-refundable upfront deposit in order to be added to the waiting list.

"PC gaming is too expensive."

Not a bad idea actually, and this is coming from a hardcore PCGAMER but I have to say its not bad. Its probably too big to take with you everyday to school etc but its portable enough to take for a family trip etc. But hey if he makes money off this and people buy it then more power to him man. Live and let live.

Edit- Found a much cheaper ps4 japanese version of this. http://www.hori.jp/products/ps4/ps4_hdmonitor/

GG this dude, he didn't even invent this, and hes charging ridiculous prices for it.

I remember seeing something similar with PS1 O.o

Not a bad idea actually, and this is coming from a hardcore PCGAMER but I have to say its not bad. Its probably too big to take with you everyday to school etc but its portable enough to take for a family trip etc.

Edit- Found a much cheaper ps4 chinese version of this. http://www.hori.jp/products/ps4/ps4_hdmonitor/

GG this dude, he didn't even invent this, and hes charging ridiculous prices for it.

Actually, that's not Chinese, that's Japanese. Chinese only uses Kanji while Japanese uses Hiragana and Katakana alongside it :P

I remember seeing something similar with PS1 O.o

Actually, that's not Chinese, that's Japanese. Chinese only uses Kanji while Japanese uses Hiragana and Katakana alongside it :P

My bad, im not asian xD. Nor do I watch anime *cough*.

Looks like something ben heck has done

CPU - Intel Core i7 3770K @ 4.60GHz 1.264v | RAM - Corsair Dominator Platinum 16.0GB (2x8GB) | Motherboard - ASUS P8Z77 WS | Graphics - EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 | Storage -  120 GB Samsung 840 EVO | PSU - Corsair RM650 | Case - Corsair 550D

So people are paying 3x the amount to play their exclusives if they choose this. You can get both a laptop and a console instead.

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

I think it's pretty cool, they also did this with last gen consoles. But paying that much money for a console just doesn't make sense 

CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1240 v3 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z87-HD3 RAM: 16 GB GeIL Dragon 1600mhz GPU: Gigabyte Windforce 770OC 2GB Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D Storage: 1TB WD, Blue, 120GB, munch ssd PSU: 600w Corsair 

Display: aoc tn something, Dell ips U24..  Keyboard: CM storm quickfire xt Brown switches Mouse: Logitech G502, Pricing: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/8CBWjX

if they made the prices more competitive with gaming laptops i could see this being a future for consoles

The Wannabe is no longer. Replaced by the Flotilla. If you replace every part of a computer is it still the same computer?

Survived the Survivor 2299

Audio Engineer, Lighting Programmer, Video Engineer, FOH.

So i can get an Xbook for $1500 that plays games at 792/30 or a gaming laptop for $1500 that is a lot thinner, and can play games at 1080p with med-ultra settings

Hmmmm. i'm quite torn between the two //sarc/

Having problems with your fresh Windows 10 install? PM Me!
Windows 10- Want To Disable Telemetry, Disable Cortana, Disable Windows Updates? Look at my guide HERE
LTT Beginners Guide  | Community Standards | TN&R Posting Guidelines

lmao.. thats all i gott say.

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

I highly question it's battery life. But this is really neat. I love cool projects like these.

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

lol why not buy a gaming laptop for 1500?

If you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life thinking it's stupid.  - Albert Einstein

I love the fact that he puts a 1080p screen in these things. Cuz, you know, both xbone and ps4 are totally capable of 1080p output/gameplay. 

Laptop - Lenovo Y50   Keyboard - Corsair K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown   Mouse - Logitech G502 Proteus Core   Mousepad - Razer Firefly

Please read the LTT Code of Conduct before submitting a post

I saw this with a 360, imo it's a cool idea, but a pretty inefficient buy. 

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

I can see why someone would want this, but then there's that pricetag... $1400 will buy a either a pretty damn good laptop, or a moderately decent laptop and a console.

I love the fact that he puts a 1080p screen in these things. Cuz, you know, both xbone and ps4 are totally capable of 1080p output/gameplay. 

Ehh, they can output 1080p 60 FPS in lightweight indie games.. (ya know, the kind of games that my 980 can run at 1440p 120 fps at ~30% GPU usage)

i7 not perfectly stable at 4.4.. #firstworldproblems

As someone who owns a gaming laptop, I'm very confused as to who will buy these, as they really can't compete with gaming laptops.

my brother in law did this for my nephew a couple years back inside a brief case. open it up and theres a small monitor, controllers etc. Basically a console for the road that can be plugged into a cigarette lighter with a power inverter.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

people have been building these for a while, minus the battery, that use the consoles on power brick.

power source? U won't be on battery for very long lmao. may as well buy a gaming laptop. #pcmasterrace

as if gaming laptops are worth anything when they arent plugged in.  fps tanks as soon as you take it on the go.

Personal Rig v3: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X | Noctua NH-U14S | Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro ITX | Zotac GTX 2070 8GB | 16GB G-Skill Trident DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA Supernova 750B | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX 

Peripherals: Sennheiser HD518 & Classic ModMic | Corsair K65 Luxe | Zowie EC2 | ASUS VG259QM  |  ASUS VG278E | Klipsch ProMedia 2.1

Not a bad idea actually, and this is coming from a hardcore PCGAMER but I have to say its not bad. Its probably too big to take with you everyday to school etc but its portable enough to take for a family trip etc. But hey if he makes money off this and people buy it then more power to him man. Live and let live.

Edit- Found a much cheaper ps4 japanese version of this. http://www.hori.jp/products/ps4/ps4_hdmonitor/

That's looks like it's just a screen...

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!