Need new M-F 3.5mm connector

kingkickolas

Hi all, the cable on my Bose OE headphones finally gave out and I need to replace it.

It looks like Bose doesn't stock this cable anymore since they came out with the OE2. The only thing that they have is a 20-ft extension cable.

So I was wondering, will any 3.5mm connector do the job? Without loss of quality, I mean.

If not, will the length of Bose's 20-ft cable cause signal degradation at all?

I'm not very good on audio stuff, thanks in advance.

My (first) build: i7 4790k | Noctua NH-U14S + NF-A15 | Gigabyte Z97X-SLI | G.Skill Ripjaws X 2x4GB 2133MHz CL9 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB | Seagate 2TB SSHD | 2x MSI R9 270X TwinFrozr crossfire | Seasonic G Series 750W 80+ Gold | Asus VX238H 23" | GAMDIAS HERMES | Logitech G602 | Steelseries QcK | Windows 8.1

Yea it should work, but if yours had a locking cable the replacement one won't lock

Hi all, the cable on my Bose OE headphones finally gave out and I need to replace it.

It looks like Bose doesn't stock this cable anymore since they came out with the OE2. The only thing that they have is a 20-ft extension cable.

So I was wondering, will any 3.5mm connector do the job? Without loss of quality, I mean.

If not, will the length of Bose's 20-ft cable cause signal degradation at all?

I'm not very good on audio stuff, thanks in advance.

Isn't the cable 20 inches?

REMEMBER TO QUOTE SO I GET A NOTIFCATION! Add me on Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Shroomster/ Review(s) more to come

Inch is double prime, foot is single prime. The link also says 20ft.

No, but look at the picture. Looks pretty short imo. Or then I am wrong. But the cable does not look 20 feet to me and the price is low for such a long cable.

REMEMBER TO QUOTE SO I GET A NOTIFCATION! Add me on Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Shroomster/ Review(s) more to come

No, but look at the picture. Looks pretty short imo.

Well do you want him to buy a cable because the picture looks kindda short? That is kind of a gamble.  :unsure:

In Placebo We Trust - Resident Obnoxious Objective Fangirl (R.O.O.F) - Your Eyes Cannot Hear
Haswell Overclocking Guide | Skylake Overclocking GuideCan my amp power my headphones?

Yea it should work, but if yours had a locking cable the replacement one won't lock

Hm I'm not sure how you mean "locking". The headphones I have are these: http://www.theverge.com/products/oe/3243.

So just get any old ones, or the Bose?

Isn't the cable 20 inches?

I'm pretty confident one tick is for feet and two is for inches. That, combined with the fact that it says "extension cable", and just under 2 feet isn't much of an extension haha.

My (first) build: i7 4790k | Noctua NH-U14S + NF-A15 | Gigabyte Z97X-SLI | G.Skill Ripjaws X 2x4GB 2133MHz CL9 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB | Seagate 2TB SSHD | 2x MSI R9 270X TwinFrozr crossfire | Seasonic G Series 750W 80+ Gold | Asus VX238H 23" | GAMDIAS HERMES | Logitech G602 | Steelseries QcK | Windows 8.1

Well do you want him to buy a cable because the picture looks kindda short? That is kind of a gamble.  :unsure:

Well, I am wrong then. I am not murrican so not familiar with the imperial measures. Thanks for correcting.

snip

I mean when you plugged in the cable, did you turn it or press something so that it wouldn't come out? Or was it just you plugged it in and pulled it out whenever. If its the 2nd one, then there will be 0 difference

I mean when you plugged in the cable, did you turn it or press something so that it wouldn't come out? Or was it just you plugged it in and pulled it out whenever. If its the 2nd one, then there will be 0 difference

Ah gotcha! Yeah it's the second one; standard audio jack. It gets pulled out pretty easily sometimes, but I like that a lot more than it jerking my head back, or the headphones falling off my head completely.

Regular 3,5mm plug will work. Just don't get the cheapest you can find (those under $1 thingy). Cheap ass connectors sometime got faulty length (while it should be standardized, but still, bad QC), or won't stay in when plugged (tend to jump out with slightest taps)

Plus, buying something that looks good is a little plus.