h100i with Corsair Air Series SP120

was wondering about anyones thoughts on these fans instead of the basic ones that come with the h100i, will it work well? too loud? controlling the fans ok? those kinda questions I have. Thanks!

was wondering about anyones thoughts on these fans instead of the basic ones that come with the h100i, will it work well? too loud? controlling the fans ok? those kinda questions I have. Thanks!

If you haven't purchased the H100i already, stay away from it.

It has a very bad problem with mounting and is not guaranteed to work for everyone out of the box without modifications.

If you live in the U.S., go for the Cooler Master Seidon 240M for $60 on Newegg.com.  Same specs and performs the same as the H100i without mounting problems, almost half the cost after Visa Checkout and $25 MIR.  The fans included with the Seidon 240M are actually very very good.  They perform incredibly well at mid to low RPMs, even better at high RPMs, but they are loud at 1600rpm+.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

SP120's aren't that different form the SP120L's that come with the H100i. If you want quiet fans, you probably shouldn't be looking at Corsair. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

If you haven't purchased the H100i already, stay away from it.

It has a very bad problem with mounting and is not guaranteed to work for everyone out of the box without modifications.

If you live in the U.S., go for the Cooler Master Seidon 240M for $60 on Newegg.com.  Same specs and performs the same as the H100i without mounting problems, almost half the cost after Visa Checkout and $25 MIR.  The fans included with the Seidon 240M are actually very very good.  They perform incredibly well at mid to low RPMs, even better at high RPMs, but they are loud at 1600rpm+.

I live in canada and I did purchase the h100i, it was on sale lol, but for mounting I had no problems

I live in canada and I did purchase the h100i, it was on sale lol, but for mounting I had no problems

Thats good to hear.

The mounting problem is hard to detect.  It won't seem like there was an issue while you were mounting it, you will only notice it based on temperatures.  This is because the pressure between the copper block and the CPU IHS is not good. 

What temperatures are you getting?  What CPU / Overclock?

On to the original question, the only real difference between the stock corsair fans and the SPs will be noise.  They will perform roughly the same.  1-2C at most, even that is optimistic.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

Thats good to hear.

The mounting problem is hard to detect.  It won't seem like there was an issue while you were mounting it, you will only notice it based on temperatures.  This is because the pressure between the copper block and the CPU IHS is not good. 

What temperatures are you getting?  What CPU / Overclock?

Running 4.3 ghz at usually 45 idle and on prime95 I was getting up to the 80Cs around an hour in.

Running 4.3 ghz at usually 45 idle and on prime95 I was getting up to the 80Cs around an hour in.

Idle seems very high, but P95 temps are good.  What CPU? What voltage?

Idle seems very high, but P95 temps are good.  What CPU? What voltage?

i5 4690k at 1.25v

i5 4690k at 1.25v

Your idle temperatures are incredibly high, 10-20C too high.  Your P95 Temps are right in line with what to expect though.

Idle temps don't matter, load temps do.  Your H100i sounds like it is mounted properly and working just right.

On to the original question, the only real difference between the stock corsair fans and the SPs will be noise.  They will perform roughly the same.  1-2C at most, even that is optimistic.

Your idle temperatures are incredibly high, 10-20C too high.  Your P95 Temps are right in line with what to expect though.

Idle temps don't matter, load temps do.  Your H100i sounds like it is mounted properly and working just right.

ahh I see, the SP120's should be quieter though right?

ahh I see, the SP120's should be quieter though right?

It "should"

$30 worth though?  Only you can say for certain.

I have my H100i running with Corsair SP 120s, my CPU(i7 4790k) runs idle at 29c-31c and 57c-68c at full load, but gosh I hate those fans... they're too loud. My recommendation? Listen to what the other members said and stay away from Corsair fans if you want a quiet PC. 

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p