Motorbikes

Mac

Sorry to hear that. What went wrong? 

I hope its nothing super major.

lost control of the rear of a bump, over used the front brake in a panic, locked the front and went into the wall.

PC Builder, Engineer... BACON    Project Cobalt: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/38058-project-cobalt-copper-piping-laser-etching-and-more/#entry489258

| NZXT Switch 810 | i5-3570k | gigabyte UD-5H | Corsair Vengeance 8gb ram | GTX 670 | 2x 60gb intel 330 series ssd's in raid 0 | 1tb seagate barracuda hdd | Corsair tx750m | XSPC razor GPU and CPU waterblocks | XSPC d5 vario pump | Thermochill Pa140.3 | phoyba 280mm radiator | Chromed Copper tubing |

Saturday was a good day too, I did a 70mile trip and now my engine is broken.

Wasn't a good weekend for me either.

I'll chime in here too even though it's embarrassing to admit. Saturday after I did my MSF course I went out for a ride. When I got home I didn't put the kickstand down fully (was also on uneven ground) and my bike tipped over to the left. Fortunately I installed frame sliders the day before and mostly caught the bike but got a nice scuff mark on my mirror, and a non-plastic part of my fairing. The frame slider has minor scuffs too but nothing serious. I just covered the bodywork with a tastefully placed decal haha.

If I ever sell the bike I plan to buy a replacement which costs about $47

Those of you that don't have frame sliders buy them asap. That $70-$100 investment will save you a lot of pain and money.

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)

lost control of the rear of a bump, over used the front brake in a panic, locked the front and went into the wall.

I hope you weren't hurt too badly. Over applying the front brakes is not an uncommon mistake, and it almost always results in going rubber side up. 

Dont let it phase you too bad. Get yourself and your bike patched up and get back on the road :)

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

I'll chime in here too even though it's embarrassing to admit. Saturday after I did my MSF course I went out for a ride. When I got home I didn't put the kickstand down fully (was also on uneven ground) and my bike tipped over to the left. Fortunately I installed frame sliders the day before and mostly caught the bike but got a nice scuff mark on my mirror, and a non-plastic part of my fairing. The frame slider has minor scuffs too but nothing serious. I just covered the bodywork with a tastefully placed decal haha. If I ever sell the bike I plan to buy a replacement which costs about $47 Those of you that don't have frame sliders buy them asap. That $70-$100 investment will save you a lot of pain and money.

Good advice! Glad to hear that you got off easy. You learned the lesson the cheap way, could have been a whole lot worse. :)

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Good advice! Glad to hear that you got off easy. You learned the lesson the cheap way, could have been a whole lot worse. :)

True. I looked up fairings for the lulz one day and you can only buy them as a set (front and both sides) for $700+

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Similar thing happened to me with my first road bike (a Chinese POS)...

Parked it at the top of my drive and the kick stand went out. Bike stood up and rolled down my drive, crashing into the back of my Mother's car. Didn't mark her car (no idea how, it gained some speed :P), just bent my front brake lever.

I honestly think I put the stand down fully... It was just a really, really crap bike.

Similar thing happened to me with my first road bike (a Chinese POS)...

Parked it at the top of my drive and the kick stand went out. Bike stood up and rolled down my drive, crashing into the back of my Mother's car. Didn't mark her car (no idea how, it gained some speed :P), just bent my front brake lever.

I honestly think I put the stand down fully... It was just a really, really crap bike.

Hyosung by any chance?

Skyteam, even worse :P

Haha never even heard of it xD

Last year I purchased a 1996 Harley Dyna Super Glide, yeah I know it's a harley and it seems like a lot of people don't like them. I was going to get a Honda CBR but I really did not like how it rode. I got the Harley cuz it is very comfortable and it will last me a long time. After just a year of having it, I already have it totally tore down and I am having it repained, powerdercoated, and putting on a few different parts and taking off some stuff as a winter project. Here are some pic from what it DID look like and how it looks now, I will update when it is done. 

Disclaimer: I am not a photographer.

Here is a few pics, you can see the album here :http://imgur.com/a/s0xqH

post-16265-0-75004700-1394485004_thumb.j

post-16265-0-38507900-1394485264_thumb.j

My rigs

Spoiler

Desktop CPU: Intel Xeon E5-1680 v2 @ 4.4GHz cooled by a Corsair H105 | Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth X79 | RAM: 32GB G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1600 | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 SC3 Ultra Gaming | SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Crutial M500 240GB + Samsung 840 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM + WB Black 4TB 7200RPM | Case: Fractal Design Meshify C | Mouse: Logitech G402 & MX Master | Keyboard: Poker II  MX Blue & Leopold 10-key pad Box Royals | Monitor: LG 34UB88-P | Audio: Audio-Technica ATH-M50 + FiiO E5 DAC + Rode NT-USB Mini

Laptop Lenovo Yoga 720 4k Touch

Last year I purchased a 1996 Harley Dyna Super Glide, yeah I know it's a harley and it seems like a lot of people don't like them. I was going to get a Honda CBR but I really did not like how it rode. I got the Harley cuz it is very comfortable and it will last me a long time. After just a year of having it, I already have it totally tore down and I am having it repained, powerdercoated, and putting on a few different parts and taking off some stuff as a winter project. Here are some pic from what it DID look like and how it looks now, I will update when it is done.

Disclaimer: I am not a photographer.

Here is a few pics, you can see the album here :http://imgur.com/a/s0xqH

https://linustechtips.com/main/public/style_images/day_theme_images_new/attachicon.gif IMAG0142.jpg

https://linustechtips.com/main/public/style_images/day_theme_images_new/attachicon.gif IMAG0490.jpg

I admire the Softail line of Harleys. Even if I didn't like them everyone has their own tastes and I respect that. Cruiser enthusiasts putting down sportbike enthusiasts is stupid. I think everyone should be a motorcycle enthusiast and appreciate/respect all sorts of bikes.

But nice bike man. Custom Harleys are awesome. I'll buy one when I can afford it

I admire the Softail line of Harleys. Even if I didn't like them everyone has their own tastes and I respect that. Cruiser enthusiasts putting down sportbike enthusiasts is stupid. I think everyone should be a motorcycle enthusiast and appreciate/respect all sorts of bikes. But nice bike man. Custom Harleys are awesome. I'll buy one when I can afford it

Thanks! Yeah I really dont like the Cruiser vs sport bike thing. I ride with friends that have cruisers and some that have sport bikes and even dirtbikes. Its all about what you like and how you like to ride. 

Speaking of customm the chrome and silver is all going to be black, some wrinkle finish and some gloss. Then the fenders are getting painted matte black with some red and white pinstriping. I am so excited to get all the parts back so I can put it back together and ride again. I also have a bit taller handlebars in black, a little solo seat and a side mounted licenseplate that I am putting on and I am taking off the bags, sissybar, two up seat, and windshield (when riding around town) I will put that back on for the occasional long trip.

My rigs

Spoiler

Desktop CPU: Intel Xeon E5-1680 v2 @ 4.4GHz cooled by a Corsair H105 | Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth X79 | RAM: 32GB G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1600 | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 SC3 Ultra Gaming | SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Crutial M500 240GB + Samsung 840 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM + WB Black 4TB 7200RPM | Case: Fractal Design Meshify C | Mouse: Logitech G402 & MX Master | Keyboard: Poker II  MX Blue & Leopold 10-key pad Box Royals | Monitor: LG 34UB88-P | Audio: Audio-Technica ATH-M50 + FiiO E5 DAC + Rode NT-USB Mini

Laptop Lenovo Yoga 720 4k Touch

Sorry to hear that. What went wrong?

I hope its nothing super major.

A bearing was going and it just got worse and worse and now the engine now doesn't seem to have compression or anything. A new engine will cost £100+ so it looks like I'll be buying a new bike to last 5 months.

I hope you weren't hurt too badly. Over applying the front brakes is not an uncommon mistake, and it almost always results in going rubber side up. 

Dont let it phase you too bad. Get yourself and your bike patched up and get back on the road :)

wasn't me it was a friend of mine with 3 years riding experience.

PC Builder, Engineer... BACON    Project Cobalt: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/38058-project-cobalt-copper-piping-laser-etching-and-more/#entry489258

| NZXT Switch 810 | i5-3570k | gigabyte UD-5H | Corsair Vengeance 8gb ram | GTX 670 | 2x 60gb intel 330 series ssd's in raid 0 | 1tb seagate barracuda hdd | Corsair tx750m | XSPC razor GPU and CPU waterblocks | XSPC d5 vario pump | Thermochill Pa140.3 | phoyba 280mm radiator | Chromed Copper tubing |

A new engine will cost £100+ so it looks like I'll be buying a new bike to last 5 months.

Miss a zero?

So I installed my new taillight and guess what guys?

It doesn't light up when I apply the brake -_- Is it too much to ask to safely ride my motorcycle? I once again had to cut off the obviously incompatible connector and solder wires together. I'll verify that the connections are good later tonight

So I installed my new taillight and guess what guys? It doesn't light up when I apply the brake -_- Is it too much to ask to safely ride my motorcycle? I once again had to cut off the obviously incompatible connector and solder wires together. I'll verify that the connections are good later tonight

At least you've probably wired them correctly.. when i installed a new taillight assembly on my moped.. the right indicator started when i applied the brakes.

on a sidenote

So jealous.. Can't get my motorcycle license until it gets a bit warmer around here.

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

So I installed my new taillight and guess what guys? It doesn't light up when I apply the brake -_- Is it too much to ask to safely ride my motorcycle? I once again had to cut off the obviously incompatible connector and solder wires together. I'll verify that the connections are good later tonight

Have you tested the light itself with a secondary power source? Does the running light turn on? => if no I would bet its a grounding issue, not necessarily a problem with your wiring. 

i bought this bike new and sold it about 4months later. it was just to slow and boring to ride and unstable at any thing above 100km/h

250 ninja

qkIN9VY.jpg

Have you tested the light itself with a secondary power source? Does the running light turn on? => if no I would bet its a grounding issue, not necessarily a problem with your wiring.

Yup running light and turn signals work flawless but when I apply the brake nothing happens. I can clearly see unlit LEDs

i bought this bike new and sold it about 4months later. it was just to slow and boring to ride and unstable at any thing above 100km/h

250 ninja

Posted Image

Exactly why I didn't get a 250 as my first bike. I plan to have my FZ6R forever or a few years tops.

Yup running light and turn signals work flawless but when I apply the brake nothing happens. I can clearly see unlit LEDs

Exactly why I didn't get a 250 as my first bike. I plan to have my FZ6R forever or a few years tops.

yeah i just wanted a bike that i could ride on my P's

I'll be uploading a video of my tailight here in a moment for you guys to check out and offer suggestions to fix it. I made a separate one for the eBay seller and hope I get a response from them soon. People already barely see us on the road. A non-functioning tailight is a huge problem

Miss a zero?

Only a 50cc, so an engine from the breakers yard would probably cost over £100, and I was talking to the garage yesterday how much it would cost to fit it and they said another £100.

Going to look at more bikes today and tomorrow.

Only a 50cc, so an engine from the breakers yard would probably cost over £100, and I was talking to the garage yesterday how much it would cost to fit it and they said another £100.

Going to look at more bikes today and tomorrow.

Ah, right. Well, if you've got £800 to spend on one I'm selling my 50cc and I'm fairly local to you ;)

Good luck with the search, I know how hard it can be. I was in the same boat as you and decided to just spend quite a bit extra and get something that was pretty much brand new with a really reliable engine that I could have fun on, on and off-road :)

Ah, right. Well, if you've got £800 to spend on one I'm selling my 50cc and I'm fairly local to you ;)

Good luck with the search, I know how hard it can be. I was in the same boat as you and decided to just spend quite a bit extra and get something that was pretty much brand new with a really reliable engine that I could have fun on, on and off-road :)

I may have to end up buying a new 50cc scooter and use that for 5 months, which is about £700. It's a Pulse, so it's Chinese.

I want a geared 50cc, but for 5 months I think I can stick with a 4 stroke scooter.