MacBook Pro vs Razer Blade Pro?

AustinB

I've been looking for a good laptop for general use, and coding. The two I've been looking at have been the MacBook Pro, and the Razer Blade Pro. 

What are the Pro's and Con's of these "Ultra books"?

Note: If you absolutely hate Apple (or Razer), don't respond. I don't want any biased opinions.

Looking for a Programming Project take a look here!

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/407332-looking-for-a-project-idea-start-here/

razer is way better

if you can afford it, get it. It has pretty powerful hardware (much more powerful than any macbook) but the main cost is the design.

It looks awesome, like back in the days of black macbooks.

It also has windows, which is a plus.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

They're both good, both overpriced, one is meant for games the other is meant for studying/work.

If you game occasionally, the Blade. 

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

I hate to be "That guy" but you really don't need a MBP or a Blade pro just for coding or general use, yeah sure the Blade's screen is gorgeous, but a Macbook Air would suffice 

Again, I'm sorry for being "That guy"

Specs: CPU: AMD FX 6300 Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A DS3P RAM: HyperX Fury 16GB 1866MHz GPU: MSI R9 270 OC edition Case: Sharkoon VS3-S SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB HDD: 1TB Caviar Blue PSU: Corsair CX500W

*If I say something that seems offensive, please don't take it seriously, it was most likely meant as a joke/sarcastically*

Umm if its not for gaming, go for the mac. OS X > Win at everything but a cuple of specific things (gaming for example). 

The Razer blade is a nice ultrabook, but I would only choose it over a MacBook Pro for that reason, else, pick the mac.

Edit: you can also check the MacBook Air. if you are going to code, you wont need more (im using a mid 2010 macbook pro i5 in Uni, computer engeneering, and it fulfills all the roles it needs to, muuuch better than the PCs from th PCLabs). 

Planning on trying StarCitizen (Highly recommended)? STAR-NR5P-CJFR is my referal link 

man its hard to think with this, i dont like either of the laptops, they just arent my thing, im not a great osx user and i game and mod so thats another problem but the razer just seems a little over priced.

Out of the two id get the razer.

Out of everything id get of the dell xps laptops, i dont need the horsepower as i can stream if i wish to game

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

razer is way better

if you can afford it, get it. It has pretty powerful hardware (much more powerful than any macbook)

lol

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

razer blade all the way

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

Arent these just general laptops the macbook air is the only ultrabook from apple as far as i know. If your not gaming get the macbook you get the plus of having osx which if your coding will come in handy if u decide u want to make an app for a ios device or something plus you dont really get the urge to play games imo but that might just be because u cant lol personally i would never get the razerblade sure it looks sexy but it is waaaay overpriced imo but if u want it and can afford it get it i guess.

Youre wasting so much money if youre just into coding and low powered tasks. Theyre built for high productivity and high end gaming

If gaming isn't a concern go for a MacBook Air 13".

That said, I guess it comes down to whether you want Mac OS or not because both are extremely well built and powerful. The MacBook probably gets much better battery life but obviously you have to settle for an Iris Pro or 750m GT. They are also extremely expensive too but if you have the money, why not?