Can i use dual channel RAM on my tri channel motherboard?

Yes. I use dual channel ram on my triple channel X58 mobo and it works perfectly fine

"Rawr XD"

Yes, but it will work in single channel. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Will i get hit on preformance

Dual channel is a motherboard feature not a ram feature. DDR3 pretty much is all the same, it depends on the motherboard as to how many channels the ram will run. You can slap three "dual channel" sticks into it and it will run in triple channel. They only call them "dual channel" and "triple channel" kits based on how many sticks are provided.

Dual channel is a motherboard feature not a ram feature. DDR3 pretty much is all the same, it depends on the motherboard as to how many channels the ram will run. You can slap three "dual channel" sticks into it and it will run in triple channel. They only call them "dual channel" and "triple channel" kits based on how many sticks are provided.

I was going to buy kingston 8 gb hyperx fury ram and i have a this motherboard http://www.biostar.com.tw/app/en/mb/introduction.php?S_ID=390

No it won't. Depending on the amount of dimms, it might run in single, dual or triple channel.

I was going to buy kingston 8 gb hyperx fury ram and i have a this motherboard http://www.biostar.c...on.php?S_ID=390

will it work normal?

Yes, the only thing you need to know is that you need the right amount of sticks. Triple channel uses three sticks for each color coded matching dimm. So if you stuck in two sticks you wouldn't get triple channel as you need three. If you are going to deck the system out with max ram then yes you can buy three packs of dual channel ram and still have triple channel. Or buy two packs of dual channel and just not install the fourth stick. Tho personally I would just buy a triple channel kit so you're not paying extra for what you don't need.

Yes, the only thing you need to know is that you need the right amount of sticks. Triple channel uses three sticks for each color coded matching dimm. So if you stuck in two sticks you wouldn't get triple channel as you need three. If you are going to deck the system out with max ram then yes you can buy three packs of dual channel ram and still have triple channel. Or buy two packs of dual channel and just not install the fourth stick. Tho personally I would just buy a triple channel kit so you're not paying extra for what you don't need.

can u just buy 2 or 1 sticks for it ?

can u just buy 2 or 1 sticks for it ?

You can install two and one stick kits for triple channel support as well yes. You just need to have three matching sticks in the corresponding color matched dimms. You can run just two sticks or one stick in the board as well, but you will not get triple channel support.

I think Ram manufacturers tend to Bin memory sticks to be run together in dual/tri/quad channel kits (but it could as easily be a marketing white lie). I don't think there is enough variance to matter a lot, but for overclocking the Binned kits might go further than an assorted mix of the the same memory sticks that were bought separately. 

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

Will i get hit on preformance

guys guys guys!!! LTT VIDEO COMPARING THE DIFFERENCES LIKE HIS PCI-E LANES COMPARISON. Can I get a "HELL YEAH!"?

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!